Please read the server rules before playing online. If you are using cheats on XWIS you will be banned.
In Game Issues
How do i play online?
I am experiencing issues when trying to play on a system with Windows 8/10.
Unfortunately users can encounter different issues when trying to play XWIS games on Windows 8/10.
First, try the fixes found here:
If still encountering problems, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwQ4qBPJMQ
Click here for other potential fixes.
No game menu's are displaying, only when I Alt Tab and back into the game do they display.
- Right click on Desktop
- Select Screen Resolution
- Click Detect (with no additional monitor connected)
- Next to your first display, you'll see a grey square with the text "Another display not detected" Click on the grey square
- Next to "Multiple displays" it will say "No display detected"
- Click on "No display detected"
- A drop-down menu will appear
- Select "Try to connect anyway on: VGA"
- Click on your primary display (the square with the big "1" in it)
- Next to "Multiple displays" select "Extend these displays"
Hit the Apply button and start Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge.
Password not remembering when selecting 'Remember Me' in game
Run the game as Administrator by right clicking game.exe/ra2.exe and selecting 'Run as Administrator'. If it still continues to happen, read here about turning UAC off.
I am experiencing problems connecting to other players
This problem can cause a black screen after game loading followed by a disconnection screen, or you may just not be able to connect to other players before the game has started. It can be caused by a number of reasons. To fix this:
- Check that mph.exe is allowed through your firewalls
- If present, remove 'wsock32.dll' from your game directory
- If you are still experiencing connection problems you may need to set up a DMZ connection through your router. The process for this can vary depending on your router make and model. Use google to search for a walkthrough or look here
- Occasionally anti virus programmes may delete mph.exe from your game directory. Go to your game directory and check that this file is still present, if it isn't run the installer again. If it is still not there after this, download mph.exe separately and configure your anti virus software.
I can't go further then the 'Connecting to Westwood Online' screen
Right click 'Game.exe ' in your ra2 folder -> properties-> compatibility tab-> run this program in compatibility mode for XP service pack 3
When clicking internet, I don't enter a login screen, instead I get fetching server list
Go to Start > Run and type C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Hit enter, open it up with Notepad and clear any westwood related entries in there. Save and retry.
When playing online the game is slow/choppy
Follow the instructions here to help reduce lag.
I am experiencing a 'Fatal string error'
Right click ra2.exe > properties > compatibility > tick run as administrator. If it still persists also set ra2.exe to compatibility for XP.
I am experiencing 'TXT_PREPARECOM_FAILED'
Run as Administrator or turn UAC off
I have just played a game online but no points were exchanged
This can happen for a number of reasons. Firstly, if you have exceeded the wins per day limit, no points will be exchanged. Secondly, if the game lags (below a certain FPS) and ends within a certain timeframe no points will be awarded. Finally, if one of the player's nicknames is registered to a banned serial and as a result is in the Hall of Shame, no points will be exchanged. If you believe it is the latter reason, please inform staff.
All my buildings explode online not long after starting a game
This is caused by copy protection on older versions of the game. Reinstalling should fix this or install the XWIS version of your game.
No menus displaying in windows 10
Try adding this to your game folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/598uwf0diwwsthh/ddraw.dll?dl=0
I've been a victim of cheating, how do I report a cheater
Click here for more detailed information on reporting cheaters.
Game Account Issues
I get an Invalid Password error message when logging onto the XWIS servers
Use the game password supplied in the Game Account.
I receive a message saying my serial is already registered
The serial number entered has already been registered to a Strike-Team account and cannot be registered to an additional account.
Where can i buy a RA2 serial from?
A RA2 serial is required to play online for XWIS. If you do not have one you can click the 'Buy via paypal' link on your XWIS Game Account.
I would like to run RA2 on a Mac. Is this possible?
This can be achieved in one of two ways:
- Bootcamp (recommended)- Use bootcamp on your mac computer to partition your HD and install windows.
- Virtual Machine (VM)- Use a VM (such as VMWare or VirtualBox) to install windows. Depending on your system and other factors, this method works but can sometimes result in lag during online play
I would like to record my games online. How do i do this?
HyperCam can be used to record your online games. Click here for instructions on how to use it.
Edited by hardman, 10 April 2016 - 11:21 AM.