#1 justsa8888

justsa8888

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

Haya all,

A couple of days ago I bought 'Command and Conquer Battle Pack'' to relive my childhood memories with red alert 2 and yuri''s revenge. But before I could play the game, I have to install it, and this is where it all goes bad.

I am unable to install the game. I get the autorun screen and I press Install game, but nothing happens. Could someone please help me?

#2 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

Read through this topic (not just the first post) for issues on windows 10: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/182360-cc-red-alert-2-windows-8-windows-10-fix/

Tho i'm sure most people can at least install the game. You could try these download links: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

#3 PlokiteWolf

PlokiteWolf

C&C Wiki admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • XWIS Name: Plokite95

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:46 PM

Alas, the installer on the old RA2 discs from 2000 doesn't work on Windows 10 (though curiously TS/FS and YR do). What you can do is use XWIS' multiplayer release, use the RA2 fix, then the YR fix, and, if you wish, copy the music, cutscene and campaign mission files from your RA2/YR discs.

Here's the list:

From either the RA2 Allied or RA2 Soviet disc... theme.mix, multi.mix (XWIS has a modified version of the latter with duplicate maps)

From the RA2 Allied disc... maps01.mix, movies01.mix

From the RA2 Soviet disc... maps02.mix, movies02.mix

From the YR disc... mapsmd03.mix, movmd03.mix, thememd.mix, multimd.mix

Made a full RA2 playthrough and a bit of YR this way :thumbsup:

Edited by PlokiteWolf, 30 May 2016 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users