#1 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

You will see hints of my style in this book,but this is a book of what i consider complete knowledge of ra2, to the point that you can create your own style.

Unlike any other guide, and like the world around us. This guide will always be changing, new information will be added randomly, in the attempt to create a master guide.

And eventually, maybe, nothing will be missing, but i hope you make it to becoming a ra2 pr0 so you can enjoy the game how it was meant to be enjoyed.

ALLIES :

The single best post i've ever seen about allies (I.M.O.)

...the magic of the allied side...

(italicized by me)
i saw alot of people trying to give advice to the dude who wanted allied BO' so i made this post.

lmao ,sorry , im not being an **** but most guys here have no idea, theyre complete soviet new era/rusher players and they have never faced the amount of quality allied players that used to be around, and therefore there isnt anyoe who really knows how to beat someone like kane with allies.( u might think im full of **** about what i say, but just remember that kane names me as the toughest allied vs soviet opponent he has ever had)
beleive me im one of the best ever allied players of ra2 and ive been around for 2 and a half years, i got at least 6 top 3 allies finishes back in the old days when people got 1200 pts a month, my best score is rank 2 overall which was also rank 2 allies with 1247 points. smile.gif i should of got rank 1 that month too over downdariv but i got reconned in my 2nd last game and didnt get 22 pts i deserved for win and i lost the month by 7 points looool. i beat downdariv that month 3-0 aswell.(undefeated vs him in qm career)

ok, enuff bragging, that was basically to get the newer allied players to beleive what i say is true.
OK,so, you can make your afc whenever you want , but if you are not america, there is really no need until they make their radar or their 2nd or 3rd war fact.think about it

if im USA, i make afc after 2nd ore ref or after warf immediately or even before warf sometimes so i can get fast paradrop then make one miner instead of 2 miners.then as soon as i make afc i make one rockie and go and pester his base , hack his power so he has to make flak cannon to disrupt his tank flow and concentration etc.., then when he makes the flak track run rockie away then move him around to another point on map and keep bugging him with that one rockie.
the whole point with allies is to use your multiple units at start and attack early with speed and the fast build speed of grizzlies and paradrops and dogs and rockies..

but, never make a battle lab or 2nd war fact or over 2 rockies unless you have 5 or 6 miners otherwise you will get outtanked to the **** house.if youre newer to allies then wait till you got 7 miners then go 2nd warfact.
that guy who said get 4 miners then tech is out of his mind, your cash would be soooo damn low lol.

i get 6 miners then tech up or just 2nd warf then after 7 miners go afc , then 8 miners go 3rd warf or battle lab, then purifier.

the key is to try and distract them with para drops and whilst they are concentrating on something to wipe out their miners or their power with rockies.
but, you gotta remember that a good soviet player will be able to use dessos and flak men and cannons well so dont rely on mirages too much, coz 3 dessos can wipe them out at the click of a finger.

the best way to stop dessos with USA is to make sure you try and attack early so he cant use dessos or, get 8 miners then make harrier jets and rockies and keep killing flaks and hitting dessos with rockies.
also late game a good idea is to engy his warfacts or para his war facts so he doesnt outtank you too much.try to have 4 harriers ready by the time he has his battle lab and keep killing the battle lab with harriers everytime he makes it and he will get MEGA **** and lose control lolll its so funny doing that.
and keep in mind that pill boxes are VERY effective, much better than **** sentrys, they kill more, they last longer, and their range is better and they distract fire better coz theyre lower so it takes longer to shoot em, always have pill ready when sov comes near you to attack, and use dogs and fodder to the max to distract fire.

remember that if youre on any map with naval, if you get solid naval started before the soviet, you should win the game, even if your land units are completely killed, and have an unreachable fleet of naval stuff that controls the seas, because aircraft carriers can reach the whole length of most maps when they have elite jets in em.

if you have any questions about allies ask me, any q's about stopping a rush from sovs, rushing with allies, best way to use paras and grizzlies, how to move them so they hit more of opponent tanks and **** just ask....ill gladly play anyone and show them what to do if what i say sounds vague.

Hot Key General Ideas:

A(.?)Few new general ideas!

1:Way-Pointing dogs to scout
-I usually still choose to manually scout with dogs (numbering them)
However, waypoints i think are best used when you know the maps.
That way you can easily waypoint through cliffs etc... and have your dogs stop at choke points that you would normally stop at anyways.

2:Thoughts on how to incorporate F1-F4
-Incorporating f1-f4 is kind of hard, but on really big maps it's very helpful.
If you waypoint your warfactory to a certain spot, you can f1 it and automatically go there; considering the odds are you won't have those units numbered since they are waypointed there.

3:Thoughts on Way-Pointing
-On big maps, to try to incorporate way-pointing tanks.

Basic Hot key Numbering:
H- Your Mcv
f1-f4- important spots on Map ( choke points) (and More fields you are mining)
9-primary warfactory--- (hit 9 to auto set a rally point during battle)
0-Primary barracks-- (hit 8 to auto set rally points during battle)
^ s will make them go back to normal.

Added Tip:
grizzly and dogs #1
rokis #2
ifv #3
harrier # 4 5 6 7

split #1 one way, #2 another, and finally #3 the other way, crossing these over (rokis easiest to switch around and help other #'s - over cliffs, down cliffs to diff entrances etc etc)
finally hitting flak / buildings / pp's with harriers / tanks / desos with harrier to help out on all sections

H0tk3y Vs M4p
ALL HOT KEYS ARE NUMBERED IN ORDER AS GAME PROGRESSES
1. Snow Valley : Example from Top RiGHt (Universal)
~Waypoint Mode Enabled~
0=barracks_123(4?)dogs_F3-Bottom Right Enemy Entrance_F2-Top Left Enemy Entrance_F1- Mountain w/gems(middle)_9Warfactory_*123456(tanks/rocketeers/other unit)

* Basic Example: 2 Groups of tanks, 2 (Separate?) Rocketeers, 2 (Separate?) Harriers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tank Control Techniques:

1. Number tanks in the front of your group, and move them back in an active battle to throw off clicks/make this tanks follow
-------------------------------------------------------
Tank Control:

1.Number your fodder as it's own group (all your dogs+conscripts in team 1)
2.keep your tanks in ONE big square(Destroy trees and light posts if you honestly have to)
A. a=Up and Down b. = Left and Right
(assuming all of you're enemies tanks are the exact opposite of you)
a.
[ ...............A..............]
[...............l | l.............]
[................................]

b.

[ ]
[ ]
[ ] -->
[ ]
[ ]

3.target his closest tanks (the tanks behind those won't be able to hit your tanks then, because they are farther away) *!!!
A. Side Note:***Grizzly tanks do not work like that against rhinos***
4.Make sure team 1 is always in front of your tanks, like a shield or force field.

Also, When you press try to attack weaker buildings like Powerplant, and Barracks.
Attack anything you can! but make sure you're tanks Do Not Take Damage.
(That's why it's not smart to press miners with 1 tank; your tank will take damage and his miner heals.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Knowledge:

Sure Building orders for each individual map are cool but all you need to do is master "Heck Freezes Over" and understand some GeNeRaL Knowledge, then you can make your own Building orders.

first rule= never hit zero, always have an economy.

in ra2 you need 5 miners on one warfactory before you can start expanding to more warfacs or teching
(1 miner in gems counts as 2),

always have a sentry gun ready, ALWAYS(you are able to cancel/sell for economic reasons)

fodder + good tc > opponent who out tanks you (be the judge of skill)

always pressure, pressure does NOT always mean attack, but it's a lot easier to do things if you control more of the map then you're opponent, not only that, but it also puts you in good position to make a first move,

**** Place buildings with a purpose*********
Don't just build to build, build with reason.

Possible reasons include :
-Expansion
-Securing a choke point
-Anti scouting
Examples*
"I'll place my powerplant here so i can build down a cliff"
"I'll place my warfactory here because it's closer to the opponent and it will save some time for my tanks to get to his base"
"I'll place my battlelab in back because it's easy to destroy and very important""

*******Walls********

A very diverse defensive structure that does a lot.

Some uses, and facts with walls:
-One wall in front of a defensive structure adds alot of health to it.
*Keep in mind structures like pillboxes and sentry guns can not shoot over walls
-Walling your buildings costs less then anything and is a cost effective way to keeping your base alive in base trading, or unseen split situations.

*********General Ideas**********
When an opponent splits to your MCV with a few tanks and you need a little more time to react, build a wall in in front of their tanks. This can usually by you a significant amount of time.

Quoted Words of Wisdom:

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

Are you tlaking about Ra2 or Yr?

Well you wanna know what Acid did?

When Acid played vs a sov player... he would combine almost every unit and herras the player all the time. He herrased them so much which made the sov player forget to build properly, forgetting him to build tanks and make him mess up his bo and spend cash on defence, and he had para drop waiting. He attacked from every possible side and made him also split his tanks. ANd he would put tanks in numbers.. and fx clicked team 1 to attack 1 of opponents tanks, team 2 attack the another tnak and third and so on...this way he would avoid making his tanks shooting on his fodder. And he would never do that in a place where sens are.. he would go in another area of opponents place where no sens are.
You got to be good and try this many times, cause u got to do many things at once. This way you totally f*** up the sov player. Fx get few rockies and make him spend cash on flaks, this way you would out tank opponent. Also use rockkie to come back and herras so u cna make him focus on rockie...and u have chance of attackin him while hes working on rockie, that would prevent opponent to mess up bo and have less than 3 miners. And if you see his flaks hunting rockies then go to warf so ur new popped tanks can kill his flaks and u have upportunity to kill bax or make him spend cash on flak canon. Just combine all these, try them with a m8 and it will work in the end.

the order is kinda @#&!...some of the lines should have been written earlier etc...but hopefully you guyz understand. Be tolerant and train every day...one day you will learn. You got to be v focused and good to be able to do and manage all these attacks at once. only few players were able to do so many things/attacks/herras* in same time. Acidtank and Burner-head are good examples.. The only sov player acid had trouble with was abome....abome was awesome sov...best sov ever.

The key is *herras*, *be able to do many things at once* , *Combine units* and rst of the things i explained. [only by keep training would make you a master]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:31 PM

And still rofl, no... Acidtank, and ir0n had best allies... def in top 5 allieds... they'd slap veg silly, which i think they did... and i even had better allies than veg back in my days.

Anyways, i never go mirages vs Sovs... But i always lab cuz once i do, i make an attempt to spy. But when u do this, u need to distract him...

Here's my tactic... I build an army grizz... i harrass from start... try to avoid rhinos... in other words, hit n run... then when i get afc, i get harriers and rocks... i get 3 rocks, if an ore map... and i number them 1, 2, 3, and split them up as i attack... this creates more attack opportunities, and forces the opponent to fall back severely cuz he'll need 3 flaks to attack 3 seperated rocks... thus stopping his tank flow... making me like 3-4 grizz ahead... as hes busy, he wont notice im tryin to tech... But once he's busy with my rockies... thats my cue... i send harriers to harrass the unprotected rhinos. he wont really see it comin as hes tryin to watch all 3 rocks moving all over his base and harrassing. Once i tech, i try to do tank splits, and try to lure him away from a certain warf... (the one you want to spy in. ../../../public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif )
It's very simple... just dont *generally* use mirages vs sov unless its not iraq.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random War Logs:

12762 France expand L -35 Iraq honjian73 W +35
09:40 Stormy Weather 20:07 06-02-2012

(Precision was off this game)

Secured middle ( both derricks and middle depot) and went on to get the derrick on top right
Went straight tanks because of the advantage (one ifv first to finish securing derricks),
pressed and lost tanks in a crucial battle which set me back.
teched on 4 miners (with derricks) and went for a spy(using the ifv from start of game)
misclicked a waypointed spy... then everything went downhill. lost mid then lsot all derricks and
with that the soviet was victorious.

WiCDB: ( what i could have done better)

Placed Canon in middle when i secured it.
better tank control.
better use of spy.
Move MCV to other ore quicker in order to establish a Secure region
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Britain expand L -37 America hunter06 W +48
06:26 Depth Charge 13:22 08-02-2012

Secured 3 middle derricks. lost my side derrick.
had too much money to know what to do with and lost with8+k..
building order i should do for this map as of now.

Deploy,Power,Barracks(3dogs 3 engis),Ref, Naval(amphibious then destroyers),
AFC(one rocketeer to middle),
REf, WArfac, (then tech accordingly maybe go another naval before teching)
Make sure to get fourth derrick!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by ExpaNd, 05 February 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#2 PATRIOT15

PATRIOT15

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • XWIS Name: PATR1OT

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

Well, was interesting. Good job! How about topic about playing soviet side?

#3 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

in the beginning u say u sometimes get afc before wf, and there isn't really a map where playing 1v1 that that would be a good idea.

afc before wf = very bad

overall id rate this guide as 2/10 and it contains information that should not be listened to

After I read the first paragraph I stopped reading. No use of grammar or punctuation and half the shit said was wrong.

Edited by Seke, 16 February 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

in the beginning u say u sometimes get afc before wf, and there isn't really a map where playing 1v1 that that would be a good idea.

afc before wf = very bad

overall id rate this guide as 2/10 and it contains information that should not be listened to

After I read the first paragraph I stopped reading. No use of grammar or punctuation and half the shit said was wrong.

Well didn't read because obviously it was quoted, and there are actually maps where afc first works as America!
But too each his own I guess

#5 famlegi

famlegi

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

you must be soooooo boredddddddd expand. my god

#6 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

you must be soooooo boredddddddd expand. my god

Lol I was when I was younger :p

#7 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Lol I was when I was younger :p

we all had loads too much time when we were younger.

i remember i used to play from maybe 4pm til 4am after school everyday :) haha 

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Well didn't read because obviously it was quoted, and there are actually maps where afc first works as America!
But too each his own I guess

Such as? Remember you say "maps" and that is plural.

#9 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Such as? Remember you say "maps" and that is plural.

Remember you said you didn't read it, maybe you woulda found out.

And yeah there are a couple maps/situations where afc first is solid, but usually as America

Edited by ExpaNd, 17 February 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#10 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

I would only use afc before wf if i was sell rushing someone.....

mainly TvT heck, CS 2v2 if corners ( i would build off ally sometimes ) 

#11 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

AFC before war is only really viable on yuri's I think from what I've seen, unless you intend on doing a rockie rush which will only work against either bad players or a good player who's not paying attention. Para just sucks so hard on ra2 that it's not worth rushing it, maybe if you have double para but even then I would still get war first.

#12 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

AFC before warf is rarely a good idea, just like most ppl here are saying. One of the few advantages for it is in team-games where you can use korea preferibly and focus on heavy air-support. Only worth doing if your micro is exellent though and the enemy does not have you scouted so you can catch them offguard with 2-3 black eagles and 3-4 rockies within just a few minutes, which should be enough to kill the ore ref or warf and severly slow down the enemy players.

Edited by Drasten, 18 February 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#13 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

I guess I just get lucky half the time, oh well

#14 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Within the IFV is the key to stop the unstoppable soviet rushes.

Imo a rusher draws u into his game.. u can only stop this by basetrade or paradrop or eagle or cannon, STILL you will play HIS game ECO wise. To COUNTER this, make engi ifv.

a rush is tactic, engie is a tactic too.

Ra2 is 1 engie enter a building unlike Ra1 where a building needs to be yellow or even red healthstate. I used to question this alot. Maybe it is for the soviet rush. Because it is unstopable if u want to play YOUR game

#15 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

I guess I just get lucky half the time, oh well

Dont you fall behind on tank production or economy going afc first? Going afc first will cost you 1000 but it will also delay the war factory by atleast 6-7 seconds. So by the time you got 1 miner out from your war factory your oponnent will have 2. Also if you go lets say 3 rockies from after afc you will pretty much hit low on cash pretty much forcing you to build 2 miners from warf to stay in game eco-wize most of the time. So if your oppnent just counters your rockies with a single flak track or ifv and just starts preasuring you, you will be behind by a few tanks (assuming you got as many miners as him) making it difficult to defend. So if your oppnent scouts your early afc and is smart about it, i dont see it being a good opener on most maps, maybe it could work well in maps like mayday for example or in 2v2 game where you can put on early air-preasure on both of your oppnents assuming you got the micro for it.

However if you do go for that early afc, maybe going barrack after afc will be doable? (assuming the map doesnt have any tech-buildings like oil or airport or no important neutral houses) You can still get some scouting information with your early rockies and you can get your air-units out in the field preasuring your oppnent a good 3-4 seconds sooner.

Edited by Drasten, 21 February 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#16 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Why would u need a 2nd barracks after afc? I sometimes go 2nd ref after afc then wf... Usually keeps eco going well and rokis / eagles pumpin!

#17 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'm still waiting to hear on what maps going afc first is better than going wf.

#18 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Alaskan Oil Spill, Depth Charge sometimes, and it can also be done on several other maps but only if you're trying to surprise the opponent.

#19 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Alaskan Oil Spill, Depth Charge sometimes, and it can also be done on several other maps but only if you're trying to surprise the opponent.

No... Its better to go wf first on both maps.

#20 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

If the opponent goes AFC first (pp, rax, ref, afc, ref, war), good luck getting any oil derricks on Alaskan Oil Spill.

Edited by dsector, 21 February 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#21 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Why would u need a 2nd barracks after afc? I sometimes go 2nd ref after afc then wf... Usually keeps eco going well and rokis / eagles pumpin!

Woo if that response was directed at me. I just suggested him to perhaps go barracks AFTER afc if he is going afc before warf for heavy air-preasure. Atleast on maps where you dont really need to capture any tech structures or neutral buildings of importance.

If the opponent goes AFC first (pp, rax, ref, afc, ref, war), good luck getting any oil derricks on Alaskan Oil Spill.

Go 1-2 ifv or flakttracks after warf before miners. In that way he wont really have time to rocky-down your engineers since its a large map and you can have ur ifv/track out by the time the rocky comes to harass your engineers.

#22 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Rookies will just kill your transporter after it leaves your base.

#23 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Rookies will just kill your transporter after it leaves your base.

This is what all the noobs try to do and they all suck at it. Its better to just get a miner and get an aegis early + destroyers and jus kill all their derricks. Its definitely not very good on depth charge. I don't think its horrible on Alaskan a v a, but a v s its better to go wf first.

#24 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

its mason...heeee probably knows what hes talking about. u might want to listen

#25 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

Well on some maps like south Pacific sometimes I go afc before war then 0 miners and attack from the start...and Dmz tr pretty much the same thing, for some examples. But little stuff like that is based on if you feel like playing those kinds of micr0 games. Lol I try not to givenSpecific build orders because people eventually keep using same ones and it gets boring but yeah, that's my input anyways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users