66 replies to this topic

#1 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

Hey , few questions - sorry for the trouble.

1) Are the actual game stats from previous months stored anywhere? Like could you see who played who in say April of 2005, or whatever?

2) Why isnt the TS hall of fame ever updated? <<<< TRUE PUZZLER, its been like 5 years? !!!

3) It's obvious that Bill is no longer active, so why is there not another TS moderator, and why hasnt there been more than 1 to begin with? Ra2 seems to have plenty.

Thanks for any info.

Edited by TRZ, 16 June 2010 - 07:19 AM.

#2 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

1. No. We do have backups, but not from that far back.
2. Related to 3.
3. Most TS players I've seen are busy flaming others. There's no consencus in the TS community and everyone is flaming everyone. Getting a mod to clean up that mess is hard.

#3 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

There's no consencus in the TS community

con·sen·sus
   /kənˈsɛnsəs/ Show Spelled[kuhn-sen-suhs] Show IPA
–noun, plural -sus·es.
majority of opinion: The consensus of the group was that they should meet twice a month.
general agreement or concord; harmony.

I beg to differ, there is a majority of opinion, that the TS forums here need an ACTIVE Tiberian Sun Moderator.

Seriously....... Tiberian Sun is just like a womans chest.
Full of tits, that need some support. Once you add that support, we bounce along just nicely, and are a great thing to admire.... without Support, we are sagging, and not a pretty sight.... so please...

BE THE BRA WE NEED, OR THE BOX FROM TIBERIAN SUN, OR THE BAG WE GOT WHEN WE PURCHASED THE GAME !!!!
SUPPORT TIBERIAN SUN, and don't be another EA, that's all we've ever asked for. :)

Please could we have a Tiberian Sun Moderator that's active ?

Edited by WhiteTib, 16 June 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#4 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

wt deserves a lol

#5 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

I tried to give you that support before and you bunch of tits helped the ban dodgers get around the bans and whined when you got yourselves tied up in their bans. So seriously, when you jog on and get yerselves a couple of black eyes. You only have yourselves to blame.

#6 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

I thank ST for what they have done...but seriously u guys seem too ra2 oriented, no1 knows much about TS around here

Takes 5 + years to find a decent ts mod? I dont think so.

TBH I just see a lot of excuse making....and no real effort , as far as TS goes.

Ra2 gets tons of support here, TS gets left aside.

If you guys just listened to us it would go a long way.

#7 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

Go post among your community and come up with a list of 3 people you can put forward for the job that we can vet, these people have to have zero cheating, hacking and civil disobedience history.

They have to be able to show us they have the understanding of the guidelines that EA have set down for us to follow in marking reports proven and trusted to act accordingly regardless of personal prejudices or feelings.

They would be taking on a predetermined role, not coming on board to make changes, purely to analyze reports and make sure each one thats marked proven has no spam and all the information and explanation of the cheat needed for an admin to issue the ban/points return and no more.

#8 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

I tried to give you that support before and you bunch of tits helped the ban dodgers get around the bans and whined when you got yourselves tied up in their bans. So seriously, when you jog on and get yerselves a couple of black eyes. You only have yourselves to blame.

CAuse instead of you banning the real cheaters, you banned the innocent. Thats the main reason we need some1 honest and like you said above zero history of anything to conduct cheat reports. We need som1 especially from the tiberian sun community so they know whats going on as far as who is cheating and who is not.

We will make a proper post on the 3 we think is deemed good for this role you suggested.

Thanks for your support Riz btw. Welcome back

Edited by hefeweize, 17 June 2010 - 12:45 AM.

#9 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:52 AM

^ half of TS (fair players) were banned and put into HOS because of some serial issue, which ****ed ts over.

2ndly, u allow people who have been convicted like 10x to come and post on ST and spread their BS which doesnt help anything. IE: Skeleton Nod.

I could probably think of a few people who would be good TS mods, will get back to you.

#10 riz

riz

• ST Retirees
  • 12374 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

CAuse instead of you banning the real cheaters, you banned the innocent.

no we banned the guilty and the innocent got tied up in those bans. And until the day you guys can wrap your heads around that we're going to be stuck in a loop. We do not ban innocent poeple. we only ban those with a proven report against them, but when we ban that cheater, every nick and serial he has ever played on is contaminated and those who have let them use theirs get tied up in the ban.

The only safe way is to never share nicks or serials. if you ever have and we start issueing bans in TS again, anyone who has shared should go get a clean serial and a clean set of nicks and keep them to themselves or we're just going to go through all the same hassle as last time, and we are not going to spend ages sifting through the data to identify innocent people. Thats a part you have to play in this.

#11 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

Thanks riz.

Appreciate the chance.

Just out of curiousity... are you the Rizla who used to play on TS in Westwood days.... if so I've played you before, I was mrwomble back then :)

#12 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

That rules out Ray, AuR, WT, TRZ, Urab, Gster,

rofl wait - does this mean the only candidate is no one?

Why am I not surprised.

#13 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:12 AM

theres a saying that i heard before. Even the Angels Aren't innocent.
you all are going to run yourselves around in circles and ragged trying to find "the perfect mod" which is about bloodly likely as me getting eaten by a shark in 3 hours.
i say draw up a list of Potentials, who are willing as well, and pick the best, idk, 5 from that group through some sort of exclusion method, votes, or whatever.

-Mehi

#14 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

^ i know this. i dont think st gets this.

You need someone who understands that opinions are subjective and works based on fact, as a TS mod. Someone who hasnt cheated as well.

But it also has to be someone relatively active, and who knows a lot about the game.

And someone who is a nice guy wouldnt hurt.

#15 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

That rules out Ray, AuR, WT, TRZ, Urab, Gster,

rofl wait - does this mean the only candidate is no one?

Why am I not surprised.

Why Why! WHY ME!?!!!

#16 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

there is nobody in the TS community that will meet the criteria riz has laid out,
bil has been the only guy since 2005 that would, ST staff will recall the voting for him was unanimous,
you wont find that again.

everyone left now is either a cheat, incompetent, not active enough, a liar, immature kid or emotional wreck. etc etc etc, and i agree with ST, you cant have people like this working on this site.

Everyone will have at least one fatal flaw, even myself, with the whole anti cheating thing,
so, if those fatal flaws cant be overlooked by ST, then its a waste of time even discussing it any further, because you arent going to find anyone that meets your criteria.

And thats a fact.

#17 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

The other problem is that without serial validation there are no effective bans. And no, IPA bans are not effective enough.

#18 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

The other problem is that without serial validation there are no effective bans. And no, IPA bans are not effective enough.

Perhaps requiring serials for tournament games only?

#19 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Perhaps requiring serials for tournament games only?

That would solve many issues.

#20 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

no, actually it wouldn't solve anything,

people can still map reveal, still recon, still tech cheat, still emp glitch, still mini map, still force d/c,
and a strike team mod cant do nothing about it, because none of it can be proven,

all they can do, is re-award lost points, watch for the ladders for pushing, and maybe if someone is dumb enough to rack up 3 or 4 obvious recons on the same account, reset the guy,

face facts,
strike team couldnt keep perma banned cheaters off the servers even with bil and riz checking daily and having serial validation,
search "mammy", "aurdead", and "fjnecjgar", those are 3 perma banned cheaters that had no trouble getting back on the servers with serial bans in force,
so where does this idea come from that serial bans are effective for anything?

Please find 1 example where a serial ban was effective in preventing a user to get online on TS?
You wont.

People need to just accept TS for what it is,
and face the reality that a cheat mod wont have any impact on the cheating taking place on TS,
we have learned this over the past 5 years, cheat mods are simply ineffective on TS, and serve no real purpose.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 17 June 2010 - 01:56 PM.

#21 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

Serial bans are the most effective bans we have.

#22 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

Serial bans are the most effective bans we have.

Exactly, and over the past 5 years, we have come to learn they arent very effective at all for banning TS players,
if a player really wants to get back on the servers, history has proven they can do so.

TS players just have to come to terms with the reality that cheating will always be part of TS, like or not, you can either accept it, and deal with it as best possible,
or keep dreaming and hoping for something that will never come.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 17 June 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#23 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

Exactly, and over the past 5 years, we have come to learn they arent very effective at all for banning TS players,
if a player really wants to get back on the servers, history has proven they can do so.

TS players just have to come to terms with the reality that cheating will always be part of TS, like or not, you can either accept it, and deal with it as best possible,
or keep dreaming and hoping for something that will never come.

Wait...

Did I just see you state that TS players must put up with other TS players BREAKING THE RULES OF XWIS ?

No cheating is allowed here.

#24 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Wait...

Did I just see you state that TS players must put up with other TS players BREAKING THE RULES OF XWIS ?

No cheating is allowed here.

hes not saying its allowed, its just it cant be prevented, thus , we hae to learn to accept it as a fact of TS

#25 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

and this, im sure, is going to bring up the whole counter cheating issue all over again. its a vicious circle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users