66 replies to this topic

#51 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

If serial validation was to be activated, i have no problem donating serials to new users that want to enter the tournament.

#52 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

EA thought cheating wasn't really an issue on TS...

Serials could be made mandatory again.

@olaf: +1
TS is still available for free with serial validation, is it not?

@neogrant
you must not have noticed the active TS players we have right now, capable and willing to operate the forums in particular, the lounge area, the cheatzone and whatever other sub-forums we generate on Tiberian Sun. Excuse me for being so blunt right here but this is a ten year old ******ing game, who cares who you put as Mods.we are not here to sabatoge you guys, we rather make things more smoothly, heck, any activity for us is good for you guys right? we are here now, willing and able to take advantage of the oppertunity EA has given Tiberian Sun by readily making it available for anyone who wants to play it.

Can we please not delay this any further?

Edited by phatmouse, 18 June 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#53 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

The following members are whom I would nominate in regards for Staff duties on TibSun,1) WhiteTib, 2)Aurdead, 3)Chrislawrence/myself.

The reasons are here as follows:

1) Whitetib for his forum experience, technical knowledge and willingness/ restraint when it comes to handling problems regarding TiberianSun since 2005-present. Thanks to him we have had gamerwarzone to go to, an active forum that has provided me with up to date tournement information, cheat moderation and entertainment for years.

2.Aurdead16 active member since 99' and possesses immaculate in game experience of Tiberian Sun. This guy has played with the best of them and knows the knick and croonies of TS just as good as anyone else. I would have also recommend Dan3157 up there for both his experience and technical abilities, but I have no means of contacting him.

3.chrislawrence/myself - For his cowboy-like personality and no-nonsense way of dealing with issues, chris also has good chemistry with the players listed above, but I am not sure if he is willing to take on such a position.

Edited by phatmouse, 18 June 2010 - 02:46 AM.

#54 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

The following members are whom I would nominate in regards for Staff duties on TibSun,1) WhiteTib, 2)Aurdead, 3)Chrislawrence/myself.

The reasons are here as follows:

1) Whitetib for his forum experience, technical knowledge and willingness/ restraint when it comes to handling problems regarding TiberianSun since 2005-present. Thanks to him we have had gamerwarzone to go to, an active forum that has provided me with up to date tournement information, cheat moderation and entertainment for years.

2.Aurdead16 active member since 99' and possesses immaculate in game experience of Tiberian Sun. This guy has played with the best of them and knows the knick and croonies of TS just as good as anyone else. I would have also recommend Dan3157 up there for both his experience and technical abilities, but I have no means of contacting him.

3.chrislawrence/myself - For his cowboy-like personality and no-nonsense way of dealing with issues, chris also has good chemistry with the players listed above, but I am not sure if he is willing to take on such a position.

Wow thanks for the detailed explanations. Im not gonna be a good candidate as for a mishap that happen years ago. I'm still on my suggestions for you two. Thanks again for the input!

Edited by hefeweize, 18 June 2010 - 02:50 AM.

#55 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

@hefeweize- of course unkie aur ;D

#56 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:03 AM

Who said Yuri's Revenge had XGS and 4-5 admins working on it?

Fact

- Serial bans will work for TS if players report with sufficient evidence, it might be an idea to make a 'perfect report' template to achieve this.

- Have the manpower behind to action reports and issue bans.

Your VIEW from the past TS years:

- Reports ceased to exist

- Lack of commitment from the community.

Equaled = No consistency in actioning reports, no consistency of issuing bans.

a little bit of a divergence from the main topic at hand , but, is there a thread on how to spot a hack? and if not, why isnt there? 5 years is plenty of enough time to be able to effectively and consistently sopt a mapper, glitcher, whatever, and im pretty sure there is a good thread on how to make a good SS and how to spot a possible fake one, but for a new player like myself, i would probbly attribute it to my "lack of gaming skill" if i got beat. of course, there are the obvious hacks and glithces, like the build anywhere and the tib feind, but other than that, Me, if not alot of TS players can't consistently spot a hack. And if TS had something like XGS [which is a game recorder- ingame SS saver program-idk i dont play RA2 at all] im sure it would cut down on alot of it. Even a time lapse ss program if video would be too hard to implement. My 2 cents on that part of the cheating issue anyways.

#57 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

@olaf: +1
TS is still available for free with serial validation, is it not?

If you're providing free serials, then yes.

#58 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

Olaf is there an ability to have serial validation for tournament and clan matches only?
So players without serials can still access the servers and play FFGs online?

Is that an option?

#59 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Yes

#60 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

That might be the best solution, but again, it all hinges on a quality moderator being hired, which i think is always going to be the major problem here.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 18 June 2010 - 12:41 PM.

#61 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

why would it be a major problem? all you have to do is stop cheating.

#62 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:44 AM

theres not going to be a scandal or someone giving bj's to one of the higher admins on strike team to push an agenda.... seriously this theory you have of ts moderation being any sort of threat is ridiculous...

#63 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

Scott messaged me earlier and asked if I'd put myself forward for the role, but in all fairness, I'm not sure that I want to given the way things have gone of late. Whoever gets the role would need serious assurances from ST on a number of key issues.

#64 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

I ignored half of all the posts, but the truth is, if you want a better server and im not even talking cheat free, just better, we need to let mods back on the ladder, even if it means they will use cheating maps, set your own tourny games dont play mods if you want, but it made lots of peo[ple play even if they weren't good, they would convert too ww adventually, and ........ not all modders cheated in tournies, other problem is, without serial vallidation u get alot more players which is good, so turning that back on would be bad, in the past the perm bannned cheaters got helped back on because it is a small community and the people you banned, some of which could play very good fair but were thick headed and didn'tserve there ban when they were suppose to, and im sure they learned ;p, but idk, i dont plaY tournies much if at all but, its pretty easy to post ss's wenever ur cheated, the problem was, people who posted, expected immediate action, and that shudnt happen, shud be based on a SERIES of reports if one report is missin some evidence.

Basically get 3 cheat mods, i vote c0rps(Orochi), hotdiego(chrislawrence) and RAy(phatmouse) , im sure they have there secrets(of cheating before sometimes) but who hasnt, just make mods back on ladder, serial validation off, to ban someone, use an IP ban, from experience it is harder to change IP than it is to change a serial believe it or not ;p even if you got the type of router who you can turn off for 2 hours, before changing IP, whereas, serial ban, u can buy atleast 2000 ts serials for like 20$, not to mention online ones, n before ra2/renegade would work for ts, duno bout now. but yea, idk much about whosecheating.

oh and, I know a lot of guys on here be tryin to m,ake skeleton nod look bad, because of his past of using his "anti cheat" to get ss's(cheating ot make people take ss's) and half of them dont erven make ss's(Wonder y , did they cheat?) but .....so far everything ive read from him on these forums is 100% right and most clear thinkin ive read ;p

Edited by miketehmaster, 21 June 2010 - 01:14 AM.

#65 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

most of what ive read from him is asinine trash and i just think you find it amusing, which it was until he posed as wt, ray, and a few others trying to create an illusion that they cheat.

#66 nodrescue

nodrescue

nodrescue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

nodrescue is defo the man for the job xD,, 12 years service and errr well just that lol.....

#67 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Ok, I'll do it, but I require $40K per year and medical benefits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users