66 replies to this topic

#26 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Well, you can learn to accept it.... but it's STILL AGAINST THE RULES.

#27 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Well, you can learn to accept it.... but it's STILL AGAINST THE RULES.

ok ok, but all i am saying was that you totally misconstrued bettz's statement.

#28 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

No, I didn't.

Cheating is not allowed... so why learn to accept it ?
Everything he does is about cheating people, and ruining their gaming experience.

I noticed you still haven't denied being Bettzeug yet.

#29 Mehillus

Mehillus

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

No, I didn't.

Everything he does is about cheating people, and ruining their gaming experience.

I noticed you still haven't denied being Bettzeug yet.

I Am Not Bettzeug. there.
and in reply to:

Bettz has already said that it cannot be stopped. at all.
As has been already said, if somone really wants on these servers, they can get on. and EA pretty much ****ed teh whole serial ban too with teh free D/L version.

#30 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

Erm. No he didn't Mehillus.

#31 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

EA thought cheating wasn't really an issue on TS...

Serials could be made mandatory again.

#32 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

lol, everything seems to be an issue on TS.

If you are able to make serials mandatory again, and that enables some sort of control against cheating... then I say yes... that'd be a great idea.

#33 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

cheating is an issue, but mandatory serials wont change that,
we had 5 years of mandatory serials on XWIS, and that didn't stop or deter cheating in the slightest

TS being free to download and use, has brought in an influx of new players, that likely wouldnt have made the effort to purchase it,
as well, as bringing back a number of old players that wouldnt have made the effort to buy new discs,

so, making serials mandatory again would only kill off a large portion of the activity on the servers,
for no real benefit whatsoever,

cant see any logical reason why anyone would want it, but im sure some people will try to find a reason, just because ive sided this way,
thats seems to be how things work around here,

i say white, they say black, i say black they say white, etyc etc

#34 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

lol, everything seems to be an issue on TS.

If you are able to make serials mandatory again, and that enables some sort of control against cheating... then I say yes... that'd be a great idea.

Before serials are even considered mandatory, there has to be some moderation to ts with regard to what Riz has said. There also has to be effort from the community to post reports, which leads us back to our first introduction..

Edited by neogrant, 17 June 2010 - 10:30 PM.

#35 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

You make a valid point neogrant, and while it's nice that we are now being considered, it almost seems that any process would go so much easier if there weren't hurdles all the time from the cheating community.
It's almost as if, every time someone makes the decision to move forward here, that there is always opposition by players who claim to be "doing the best" for TS.
It's also rather apparent that any attempt to try and stamp out cheating is met with similar opposition, and lenghtens a not-so-simple process.

However.. now that the ball is rolling, it looks like now is the ideal opportunity to see what the community wants, and democratically organize it, for the future of Tiberian Sun.

All I want to say, is thanks to Strike-Team for giving the TS community a chance, it looks like things are looking up. :)

#36 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

We really don't have a problem with cheating on TS. The only active cheater is SkeletonNod cause he knows he cant be removed from the servers. Im sure you guys can change this in a way in the near future. The community of ts somhow over the past years have made it a "HUGE" deal if you are caught cheating. So people thinking of cheating will think twice because of it. Skeletond nod still cheats to this day.

Obviously there is other times, where an occasional r/c or if points are given arises and that will be done wit mods. But skeleton nod is just another issue. Its unfair to me that he is priving everyone and issuing them websites to tiberian sun cheats or even telling new members where ot find cheats. its just unfair, and thats why we banned him from our forum.

Also, im not trying to pick a fight. SKeleton nod poses a threat to this community and he keeps changing his nicks so he can continue to ruin peoples records with his constant cheating. Somthing needs to be done.

I knew when skeleton nod made the topic below months ago he had the intention of constantly cheating

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162538-clarification-with-bans/

Edited by hefeweize, 17 June 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#37 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

Serial bans are not effective for the cheating on TS, as soon as you ban the guy, he comes straight back on a different serial, we have 5 years of experience of this, not a single perma banned cheater has ever been kept off the servers, not 1.
not to mention the fact that 80% of the exploits are unprovable, we dont have XGS, map revealing is rife.

& for the sake of saving time, i copied and pasted this from another thread...

Aurdead / Hefeweize - Currently An Admin On Gamerwarzone.
The long serving moderator, and newly appointed Admin on gamerwarzone, Aurdead is another permanently banned cheater,
Guilty of pretty much the same as fjnecjgar,
riz had to spend an awful lot of time rebanning him over and over again, as he used up many illegal and shared serials causing all sorts of issues for other players and the staff here.
I'm sure riz will remember him very well.
He still prolifically cheats to this day.
Original 16 day ban LINK LINK
Perma Ban - LINK

WhiteTib/Warzone Trooper - Currently An Admin on Gamerwarzone.
Has a rich history of manipulating the community, seeking to gain access to staff positions on websites for reasons unknown,
Has been linked to cheat development LINK, which he denys, he hasnt been caught cheating on the game, but he hasnt really played the game since XWIS took over from WOL.
People can usually be judged by the company they keep, so certainly WhiteTib is not someone to be trusted.

More proof of that can be seen by looking at how he lobbied hard to sneak his friend and co worker Aurdead into a staff position here,
LINK & another attempt to sneak Aurdead the perma banned cheater into a staff position here LINK

Edited by SkeletonNod, 17 June 2010 - 10:58 PM.

#38 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

lol you make me laff. You say aurdead doesnt play games yet you say he cheats till this day. Yet there has never ever been a report made about aurdead cheating by anyone. Aurdead turned himself in to better the community. HE isnt a cheater. You are a cheater. Thats the truth. Your linking a ban from 2007. Can you even tell me why aurdead was banned? Anythign to justfy he is cheateR?

Edited by hefeweize, 17 June 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#39 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:00 PM

lol you make me laff. You say aurdead doesnt play games yet you say he cheats till this day. Yet there has never ever been a report made about aurdead cheating by anyone. Aurdead turned himself in to better the community. HE isnt a cheater. You are a cheater. Thats the truth.

whatever you nerd, just stay on topic, this isnt about you or me, this is about serial validation and the server,

thanks

#40 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

Bla bla bla. You always derail topics man! You will find out soon that all this time wasted was of no purpose. You actually had some creativty going for you in the past, all down the drain now.

#41 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

Serial bans are not effective for the cheating on TS, as soon as you ban the guy, he comes straight back on a different serial, we have 5 years of experience of this, not a single perma banned cheater has ever been kept off the servers, not 1.
not to mention the fact that 80% of the exploits are unprovable, we dont have XGS, map revealing is rife.

& for the sake of saving time, i copied and pasted this from another thread...

TBH it would be like starting again in a way, TS bans have not been consistant in relation to say Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge, there you have it, proof serial bans ARE effective. Don't think RA2 and YR was always this semi cheat free, its been a community effort to get it to the way it is. TS has never been that community.

Edited by neogrant, 17 June 2010 - 11:04 PM.

#42 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

TBH it would be like starting again in a way, TS bans have not been consistant in relation to say Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge, there you have it, proof serial bans ARE effective. Don't think RA2 and YR was always this semi cheat free, its been a community effort to get it to the way it is. TS has never been that community.

Serial bans might work for RA2, where you have 4-5 admins watching over the reports, and a system for catching map hackers, but we have 5 years of history proving that serial bans on TS simply do not work, 5 years worth of history has proven this.

So ask yourself, is it really the serial ban thats effective for RA2, or is it the 4-5 admins and the XGS?

#43 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

Serials should be made mandatory again.

#44 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

Serial bans might work for RA2, where you have 4-5 admins watching over the reports, and a system for catching map hackers, but we have 5 years of history proving that serial bans on TS simply do not work, 5 years worth of history has proven this.

So ask yourself, is it really the serial ban thats effective for RA2, or is it the 4-5 admins and the XGS?

Who said Yuri's Revenge had XGS and 4-5 admins working on it?

Fact

- Serial bans will work for TS if players report with sufficient evidence, it might be an idea to make a 'perfect report' template to achieve this.

- Have the manpower behind to action reports and issue bans.

Your VIEW from the past TS years:

- Reports ceased to exist

- Lack of commitment from the community.

Equaled = No consistency in actioning reports, no consistency of issuing bans.

Edited by neogrant, 17 June 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#45 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

Who said Yuri's Revenge had XGS and 4-5 admins working on it?

Fact

- Serial bans will work for TS if players report with sufficient evidence, it might be an idea to make a 'perfect report' template to achieve this.

- Have the manpower behind to action reports and issue bans.

Your VIEW from the past TS years:

- Reports ceased to exist

- Lack of commitment from the community.

Equaled = No consistency in actioning reports, no consistency of issuing bans.

We have a dedicated section for the reporting, and providing evidence, that allow the players to decide if the player is cheating, and with a cheat moderator who will give the final say as to whether the player is classed as convicted, innocent, or undecided.

It has served players well enough to give players the chance to prove their innocence, or guilt, and although it's not backed up by some sort of discipline effective through the server upon the players account as a reminder not to cheat, at least it allows players to work out who the cheaters are, and to avoid playing them in future.

I look forward to any future where cheaters will think twice before they load up their cheats, and players will be more comfortable playing, knowing that they are likely to get a good clean game.

#46 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

We have a dedicated section for the reporting, and providing evidence, that allow the players to decide if the player is cheating, and with a cheat moderator who will give the final say as to whether the player is classed as convicted, innocent, or undecided.

It has served players well enough to give players the chance to prove their innocence, or guilt, and although it's not backed up by some sort of discipline effective through the server upon the players account as a reminder not to cheat, at least it allows players to work out who the cheaters are, and to avoid playing them in future.

I look forward to any future where cheaters will think twice before they load up their cheats, and players will be more comfortable playing, knowing that they are likely to get a good clean game.

Yes, and realistically if serials were not enabled again that would be the case here i would imagine..But, again it will lack moderation at this time.

#47 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

Yes, and realistically if serials were not enabled again that would be the case here i would imagine..But, again it will lack moderation at this time.

I appreciate that, and now that we have the chance, it gives us the ability to call all TS players, and see if they want to take on the job.
I also understand that this is not a role to take lightly, and that it may take a few weeks to find someone suitable for the job, but I'm willing to give it a try, and let the "right man for the job" be voted in by the community, and Strike-Team, and then ask the TS moderator to see what they can do about actioning this.

Thanks for you reply neogrant :)

#48 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

There is no report that can catch a map revealer / minimapper / tech cheater / emp glitcher or any of the most frequently used, most advantageous cheats.

i actually submitted as perfect a report as you can get last month, even including video evidence of the guy forcing d.c on me, and nothing could be done, because they guy has a way of making the game not appear on the ladders, done it to me 3-4 times last month,

if you are saying that with a TS admin, i would have got my points back, and the guy would get reset swiftly, that would be great,
but people need to be realistic about what serial verification will really achieve, it will limit reconners, and pushers, sure, but wont have any real effect on the other cheats mentioned above,
and it will come at a cost of reducing activity on the ladders and servers, both in the short term, and long term,

serial for tournaments or clanners only would be an option to consider, but then you are faced with the very real problem that nobody is trustworthy, hoonest or impartial enough to assume such a role resolving the reports

also, i think before making such decisions staff here should put notices up in the lobbys of the servers telling players that this is being discussed, and inviting them to contribute, because truth be told, very few active players even visit this site, or any TS site,

gamerwarzone trolls do not makeup the voice of the TS community,

Edited by SkeletonNod, 17 June 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#49 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

if you are saying that with a TS admin, i would have got my points back, and the guy would get reset swiftly, that would be great,
but people need to be realistic about what serial verification will really achieve, it will limit reconners, and pushers, sure, but wont have any real effect on the other cheats mentioned above,
and it will come at a cost of reducing activity on the ladders and servers, both in the short term, and long term,

Well if it'll have some effect against cheaters as you say, then why do you have such a big problem with it.

As for reducing activity, well it won't stop you from playing ffgs.

#50 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

Well if it'll have some effect against cheaters as you say, then why do you have such a big problem with it.

As for reducing activity, well it won't stop you from playing ffgs.

well, its a trade off isnt it?

on one hand you will be able to report people if they happen to use a certain cheat against you,
on the other you might not be able to get a ladder game because everyone is sticking to ffgs,

like for clans, i wont be registering a serial just to have the ability to make a clan, its just something i will do without,
so the clan ladder loses activity as a result, and im sure many others have the same attitude as me,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users