77 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

As XWIS and StrikeTeam have taken over the handling of the servers, we have enjoyed the re-opening of the chat lobbies, and some other favourable changes in the recent years.

Now that EA has released Tiberian Sun, it has opened the opportunities for the community to grow again, and as we have seen recently, activity has increased here, and even expanded to include a Tiberian Sun section.

For the above, I would like to thank WW (for making the game), EA (for their handling of it), XWIS, and StrikeTeam (for their management of the servers), The players of the community (for returning to TS, and for their continued support).
I would also like to suggest, that there be a moderator here (preferably a member of the community), and would like to put forward the following names for the job of the Tiberian Sun moderator, on Strike Team forums.

Any of the following names, are respected, knowledgable, current well-known Tiberian Sun players, and has / have good experience moderating forums within the community.
- jZampage
- Powrbombr
- Humble
- AuR
- Other (please specify)

I think any of the above players would be an ideal candidate for this position, and urge Strike Team staff to consider this possibility for the following reasons:
- Respected members
- Saves Strike Team staff from being stretched to doing too much, and allows them to concentrate on their field of excellence, rather than needing to learn a new field.
- Allows instant recognition to the Tiberian Sun community of a known player.
- many other reasons I can't think of at 11:53 at night.

So, Strike Team, what do you say ? Could we please have a moderator for the Tiberian Sun forum here, from the TS community please ?

To members of the community, this is your chance to show how much we can help Strike Team, and the TS community, by putting yourself forward, or voting for one of the above players, so that ST can see how important this is to us.
If you put yourself forward, please be aware, that this community will need to be lead by someone with the traits of a leader, who can be fair, just, and who can hold his / her own, under presssure with a known nickname, and a good reputation to uphold the values that this community position demands.

Thankyou for showing interest in this topic, and no matter what the outcome, I'm just glad to have at least asked.

#2 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

THE BIL is a TS mod

#3 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:31 AM

We already have the bil...

and he is the only person reliable, trustworthy and honest enough to work on strike team, thats the bottom line,

plus i really fail to see how making anyone else a moderator here would have any benefit whatsoever to the game, or the community,
being able to close topics is going to make a difference how exactly?

if any of those guys want to make a difference they can do so right now, being a "moderator" isnt going to change anything,

plus, r1z and neogrant are very familiar with the ts community, and its members, and both are global mods,
really you need to get over your obsession with forum status and staff positions, its really not that significant.

#4 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:27 AM

I think adding someone to the roster wouldn't really hurt anyone. Someone who could pin/unpin topics, and delete some spam out of threads that would be of higher importance, such as an official ST TS Tournament, or a cheaters thread, I think personally, would be very informative and helpful. I respect Bil, and he knows that, but it would be nice to have some added help.

I've already been speaking with Olaf for quite some time about all of this though, the decision really lies with him, obviously.

#5 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

As XWIS and StrikeTeam have taken over the handling of the servers, we have enjoyed the re-opening of the chat lobbies, and some other favourable changes in the recent years.

Now that EA has released Tiberian Sun, it has opened the opportunities for the community to grow again, and as we have seen recently, activity has increased here, and even expanded to include a Tiberian Sun section.

For the above, I would like to thank WW (for making the game), EA (for their handling of it), XWIS, and StrikeTeam (for their management of the servers), The players of the community (for returning to TS, and for their continued support).
I would also like to suggest, that there be a moderator here (preferably a member of the community), and would like to put forward the following names for the job of the Tiberian Sun moderator, on Strike Team forums.

Any of the following names, are respected, knowledgable, current well-known Tiberian Sun players, and has / have good experience moderating forums within the community.
- jZampage
- Powrbombr
- Humble
- AuR
- Other (please specify)

I think any of the above players would be an ideal candidate for this position, and urge Strike Team staff to consider this possibility for the following reasons:
- Respected members
- Saves Strike Team staff from being stretched to doing too much, and allows them to concentrate on their field of excellence, rather than needing to learn a new field.
- Allows instant recognition to the Tiberian Sun community of a known player.
- many other reasons I can't think of at 11:53 at night.

So, Strike Team, what do you say ? Could we please have a moderator for the Tiberian Sun forum here, from the TS community please ?

To members of the community, this is your chance to show how much we can help Strike Team, and the TS community, by putting yourself forward, or voting for one of the above players, so that ST can see how important this is to us.
If you put yourself forward, please be aware, that this community will need to be lead by someone with the traits of a leader, who can be fair, just, and who can hold his / her own, under presssure with a known nickname, and a good reputation to uphold the values that this community position demands.

Thankyou for showing interest in this topic, and no matter what the outcome, I'm just glad to have at least asked.

only 2 guys there are credible to be mods, you have respect for all these guys but that doesn't mean the entire ts community does.

ryan and aur would be the ones from your list id recommend, humble doesn't have enough ts knowledge, he may know about the game per'say but not enough knowledge about the players.

powrbombr just spams, find a credible post from him and ill change my mind.

As long as ryan does things and is active he would probably be the best choice.

#6 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

If you want something pinned, just PM bil, neo or r1z, takes 2 seconds?

Seems to me like the same guys that crave status on the TS forums are now trying to manipulate this whole situation to gain some status here,
the reality is no matter how nice and polite you guys try to make yourselves appear,
with friendly written posts and on your best behaviour to impress olaf,
there is about a zillion posts on TS forums which reveal your true nature, which is why none of you are capable of acting in the type of professional manner that a staff position here demands.

If olaf gives any consideration to this, ill be giving him a true insight into any possible candidate, to ensure the immature corrupt behaviour so prevalent on TS forums doesnt spread over here.

but the bottom line really is, that we already have the best possible ts player acting as our ambassador here, plus we have neogrant browsing this section constantly, and so all of the reasons you guys are giving are defunct, and almost insulting to neogrant who is a staff member here of many years, just like bil and r1z.

This place has run just fine with its current staff, and will continue to do so just fine, we don't need corrupt power hungry kids with Napoleon syndrome coming here trying to lay down the law,
you guys are free to do that on your own TS forums, but in case you didnt notice, your actions have driven all of the members away, well ill do my best to ensure you dont do the same here.

If you need anything done, PM bil, r1z or neogrant.

end thread/

#7 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

THE BIL is a TS mod

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that.
Thanks for clearing it up :)

#8 Urab17ch

Urab17ch

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

THE BIL was my moderating pupil. he will remain the mod of ts for the entirety of it's activity. enough said. end of.

#9 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

pick someone who doesnt have a problem on ts and has been around the forums for a while

#10 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

pick someone who doesnt have a problem on ts and has been around the forums for a while

Unfortunately, that rules out 99% of the people, almost everyone has a problem with at least 1 person, albeit ridiculous, it still seems to be a very common problem amongst us all.

I'll admit I've not had the most pleasant TS experience due to this, and myself included have had rage episodes where people just gnaw and gnaw at our every nerve until we snap.

I still think it's a good idea to have someone in addition to Bil. I had yet to see him be active in these forums, and for that reason I think it is imperative we have someone of authority pinning important topics and making clear that spam shouldn't be tolerated, like it is on most other TS related forums.

This is in no way my 'way to get promoted'. I've thrown multiple names out to Olaf. Ultimately, if it results in an addition to the staff, it is his decision, and we should all respect the outcome to see how it pans out. If it becomes a nuisance, then I believe we should come together and electively come to a conclusion as a community. Like I've said before, whether we are WW players or modders, each and every one of us should have an equal say as to who we believe can represent a responsible role for what little is left of TS.

Bil is great, and I'm in no way trying to "push him aside", I would never do that. I don't see the problem with it, and I quote Olaf when I say, "I don't see why not".

#11 Inacurate

Inacurate

The One and Only - Enigma til the end!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • XWIS Name: Inacurate

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

I still think it's a good idea to have someone in addition to Bil. I had yet to see him be active in these forums, and for that reason I think it is imperative we have someone of authority pinning important topics and making clear that spam shouldn't be tolerated, like it is on most other TS related forums.

Said person only has to have moderating powers to this specific forum section, none others, so I am not sure why there is anyone against the idea, which is a great one I believe.

Having someone who can do the job well but only have to worry about this area, is a good match. It should however, not be someone who is actively playing the game anymore, due to the potential conflicts that may arise, etc. etc. but it should of course, be someone who has played the game in the past. Player knowledge, is irrelevant, as what goes on in the here and now is the best way to gauge and judge players, giving them a second chance over any previous past transgressions.

And that is not my "bid" for the potential position either, unless I can ban everyone. :D

#12 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

the thing that really bursts my bubble in this topic is bettz posting like hes saving ts and this forum when hes tried ruining ppls reps by posting fake videos and posting cheats on his other forum. if anyone is telling olaf who is a canidate it sure the hell shouldn't be him lol i dont believe anyone rightfully enjoys him being around.

#13 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:57 AM

As much as I disagree with some of Bettz's actions as of late, including those videos, which AuR, WT, and TRZ have all stressed to me aren't them, and seeing as I've seen pictures of Sean I know that isn't him in the video - disregarding that, bettz's recent actions have shown a more pro-active side of him that if stayed the course, could actually benefit not only his own soured reputation but might give some sort of benefit to TS... lets be honest for a minute... we can most all agree that we aren't exactly 'fond' of bettz, but at the same time... Bettz is very well spoken, well written, and as a common voice amongst people who don't know much about TS or him, well understood.

For us to sit here and call him out on things that are years old is certainly not going to do us any good. Who are we to say you can't be involved in TS... I said it once and I'll say it again, everyone should have an equal say who actually is involved in TS and actively plays it. If Bettz can be a benefit to TS and turn what many others have believed to be his wrongs into rights over the past, then maybe there is something to be said about that.

Only time will tell, but I've spoken with bettz thoroughly in PM's not only on ST, but on CNCL and GWZ. Oddly enough I think we are well understood of one another. I just hope neither of us does anything to jeopardize all the progress we've both made as of late.

#14 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

i think hypert1b7 should be mod!

#15 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

I hope that's not a serious reference Riley. Hyper gets into so many rage fits on TS it's outrageous. I've never seen someone go off on random people like he does with the exception of Mike, Rob, or Mart, who are different in their own ways. Not saying it's bad or frustrating about them, saying it probably wouldn't be the best fit for someone who would be unbiased.

I just emailed Olaf about this and sent a reference of names. We'll see. I only think theres about 2 people I'd let do it in all honesty, but that's not my choice, and I'm certainly not going to start calling shots lol.

#16 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

nah i was joking hes still a little boy when it comes to this game

#17 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

Lol well that's reassuring then :p

#18 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:13 AM

Sup, pretty cool idea of having a moderator here. I appreciate you calling me out WT. But in all honesty there is a few people I wouldn't mind seeing a mod here. With truth being said, I think you would actually make a great mod in this forum WT>

-AurDead16

#19 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:03 AM

Are the forums active enough to warrant another moderator?

#20 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

there is a moderator... silly n00ps

#21 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:58 AM

there is a moderator... silly n00ps

Thank you for the breaking news :ohmy:

#22 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

Who? I haven't seen one in here yet. I'd appreciate someone pointing them out to me though, I must be clueless O.o lol

#23 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

im guessing theyre talkin about bil who really isnt active much for being the ts admin or w/e he is here. i havent seen a post from him in here yet.

#24 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:56 AM

Me either, hopefully Olaf will check his e-mail soon -_-

#25 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:20 AM

if you think they will get a NEW TS moderator before a new ra2/YR moderator... think again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users