77 replies to this topic

#51 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

And did it happen? If it did wouldnt these TS forums be demanding more TS related forums, instead i'm suggesting it. Yes, most have moved and we appreciate it. Things take time to get done around here. :)

Players lounge

We already have it.

Upload your screenshot here

Fairplay forum! Its just the matter of using it, its there for all games not just for RA2. I'm not saying its a good idea, but if things need to get going with TS fairplay, then maybe a subforum to the fairplay forum just for TS should be made. (Or even still use the Tiberian sun cheat report area to name and shame?, just brainstorming here..)

Tech Support

Already have XWIS game help and help archives, splitting help topics all over the place isn't going to help anyone.

Forum updates / Suggestions

News & announcements, and suggestions can be posted anywhere depending what it is.

He has messenger or forum messaging no?

Now whats the purpose for Mod map downloads?

Tournaments, i have just opened a topic about. http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162660-who-makes-good-touranments-for-ts/

Neogrant, we really appreciate your help and everything! All your suggestions does make sense. But also is another reason why we need a moderator here who is able to make sub-forums etc etc. You say "what is the purpose for mod map downloads", this helps newcomers that don't have the map able to download them and play them in some fun FFgs. Not every1 is going to like stock ww maps. Frankly, 50% of our population is modders! But the reason I bring this up is cuz we need a actual tiberian sun player (ts community member) to be a MOD (like Thebil). so there is no biased remarks on how the dedicated Tiberian sun forum is made (mod map downloads and anythign else) A prime example of this is most of the mods here are RA2 players liek Riz etc etc, so they know how it is in the ra2 community resulting in more attention there.

Thx

Edited by hefeweize, 29 March 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#52 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

It would be nice to have a global TS moderator/admin. One in charge of everything for every subforum. There simply isn't enough credible people to moderate 7 sub forums TS related. Chose 1 to do the job - DEMOCRATICALLY. We are VERY picky as a TS community, we should all be happy with the decision.

Other then that, the subforum ideas are good.

This CAN be the lounge subforum.

Tournaments as stated before.

TS cheat reports can also be the spot where SS's are requested, but there should be a leigitimate SS posting area for just requests. If someone is filing a legitimate cheat report then they can file one in the category that currently exists for that very reason.

Honestly - ST desperately needs a flaming section. People have beef. Hiding it isn't going to do anything, plus it creates activity. TS players and RA2/YR alike have huge ego's. Lets harness it and enjoy the show along the way. Maybe not a TS forum, but one for ST itself. Not like it can get out of hand with this absurd filter that is in place.

A downloads section would be nice. Pinned with mod map packs, popular mods including terrace observer, blast from the past, conf, bbg, visc, etc. AND ALSO 8 player patch. People have more trouble with this. It needs to be implemented. Maybe a handy resolution changer and a screenshot program that saves them automatically for you rather then having to alt tab and paste it into paint while in the middle of a game.

I think that pretty much covers what should be necessary. Add a moderator for all this and I promise - we'll be set for quite some time.

#53 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Honestly - ST desperately needs a flaming section. People have beef. Hiding it isn't going to do anything, plus it creates activity. TS players and RA2/YR alike have huge ego's. Lets harness it and enjoy the show along the way. Maybe not a TS forum, but one for ST itself. Not like it can get out of hand with this absurd filter that is in place.

A downloads section would be nice. Pinned with mod map packs, popular mods including terrace observer, blast from the past, conf, bbg, visc, etc. AND ALSO 8 player patch. People have more trouble with this. It needs to be implemented. Maybe a handy resolution changer and a screenshot program that saves them automatically for you rather then having to alt tab and paste it into paint while in the middle of a game.

I think that pretty much covers what should be necessary. Add a moderator for all this and I promise - we'll be set for quite some time.

A flame forum only creates more flame in other forums, i've been there and it will be no benefit. Plus it would be breaching http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=18&hl=

Look in my sig for the link to the download area, screengrab under miscellaneous.

#54 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Mod maps.

Supply, and demand.
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162322-ts-maps-where-can-u-get-them-from/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

When marketing something, it really pays to listen to the "customer", something that EA should really do.

Now, I ask politely, please could we have:
- A Moderator who isn't AFK.

XWIS Forum » XWIS Discussion » Tiberian Sun
- Players Lounge
- Mod map downloads
- Upload your screenshot here
- Tournaments
- Tech Support
- Forum updates / Suggestions

Or at least... some chance of negotiating that won't take another month, but instead, sometime around the next 3 days, and with a bit more of a realistic reason to warrant shutting down 2 online forums, and for everyone to leave their staff positions, and become more involved members here ?

Thankyou.

#55 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

Patience.

#56 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

neogrant, dont even waste your time man, looks like you have become whitetibs latest nemesis, since ive been away for a few days LOL,

fact is, Its always the same guys chasing after status on TS forums, even though abundant proof over long perioids of time has proven these guys are incapable of offering anything remotely beneficial to the game or community,

you only need to look at gamerwarzone and cnclounge as proof that virtually all of the staff on both sites are incompetent, untrustworthy, illiterate fools,
they cant even organise a successful tournament even with cash prizes on the table LOL,

i mean we are talking about like a combined total of 20 staff members between both sites, yet they cant even structure or manage a simple KO tournament,
instead they come here looking for someone to blame,

damn,i laid out the failings of this community a long time ago, after i shut down my site, people keep banging on about saving ts, yada yada yada, let me tell you something, you aint saving ****, you cant polish a turd,
so unless someone somewhere figures out to to inject intelligence and personality transplants into the bird brains that occupy the vast majority of space on the TS servers, the game will continue to nose dive on the same course it has been for the past 4-5 years,

again, they will desperatly attempt to manipulate any situation to land them a position of status here, but make no mistake about it, its not for the benefit of the game, the real motive is the deal out warns and bans to their enemys on the game,
because thats how warped and pathetic the people on this game are, lol,

neo, you know it yourself to, i know you see riiiight though it bud, and while your pride and dislike for me will mean you wont confirm this publicly, deep down i know your agreeing with every single word ive written here, and i think you probably wanted to say it yourself, but the politics and responsibility as staff prevent you from doing so,

hey, im not after any status here, and im happy to help out AS A MEMBER, just like every other member should be, gunning for a staff position that isnt required will achieve nothing,
god damn, back to COD, map pack comes out tomorrow wooooot!

Hey WT, anytime you wanna get your **** kicked on xbox live, id be happy to oblige you!

#57 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

Bettzeug.

Anytime something goes quiet in this community, you do too.
And when this community starts moving forward again with some positive thinking, and success, you come stomping right back in, waving your massive ego around, and distracting everyone from moving forward.
Why don't you stick with what you're good at... and go make those BO movies you were going to do, that we're waiting for ?

Now, the man said patience... so we wait, and if you don't wait, and carry on using your distraction techniques that we all know you're famous for, then nothing will get done, and it will be all your fault....

So... your choice, wait, or interrupt, what's it going to be ?

PS, I'm not after any status here, I'm simply asking how much bang we get for our buck, and more importantly... when we get it (read the first post, I didn't volunteer for this job).

#58 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

"bang for your buck"????
there is no buck in this situation buddy, not even a theoretical one,

"dont bite the hand that feeds you" would be a more fitting phrase you should be thinking about,

#59 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:47 AM

bettz whats ur live tag. ill add ya...mine favortism

#60 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

you cant polish a turd

LMFAO I LAUGHED SOOOOOOOOOO HARD BETTZ!!!

That is so great, and unfortunately true.

Hope you don't feel I'm been a redundent member of staff Bettz :p

#61 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

It's been 3 days

I am glad of one thing I got out of this experience... a chance to meet people from other TS sites who care about the community.
Now, if you don't mind... I have a forum to resurrect from the dead.

Thanks.

#62 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

It's been 3 days

I am glad of one thing I got out of this experience... a chance to meet people from other TS sites who care about the community.

Thanks.

Attempt at trying to convince ST this section requires a new moderator: FAIL
Attempt at trying to sell yourself as potential moderator: FAIL
Attempt at having your minions from GWZ vote you into said moderator position: FAIL
Attempt at trying to manipulate the community into thinking this section is the reason GWZ dead: FAIL
Attempt at suggesting ST is the reason TS is dead: FAIL

Edited by Oceana, 01 April 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#63 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

Only thing this is going to cause is a split of the community again, tied up between ST, GWZ, and CNCL.

Perseverance is a virtue, lets not give up on ST, technically speaking, they haven't given up on TS, when they could have a long time ago.

#64 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

ya i agree its bad enough on 2 sites now 3 if we dont try this

#65 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

Attempt at trying to convince ST this section requires a new moderator: FAIL

Attempt at trying to flame in my thread, and make me out as the guy asking for something that the TS community needs: FAIL

Attempt at trying to sell yourself as potential moderator: FAIL

Attempt at clearly NOT reading the thread properly, ESPECIALLY the sections where I said I was not putting myself up for moderator: FAIL

Attempt at having your minions from GWZ vote you into said moderator position: FAIL

Attempt at you carrying on, simply because someone has an interest in a game you have beenb singlehandedly trying to kill off for years, not to mention the fact that you have multiple logins trying to vote you in as moderator, even though you don't play TS: FAIL

Attempt at trying to manipulate the community into thinking this section is the reason GWZ dead: FAIL

Attempt at non-understanding because you weren't privy to the information in the original thread: FAIL

Attempt at suggesting ST is the reason TS is dead: FAIL

Attempt at twisting my words, and trying to make me out at saying TS is dead, when I CLEARLY stated, I was going back to try and revive a dead forum: FAIL

Nice try Bettzeug... but seriously... don't pick holes in other people, when you don't have all the facts, no longer play the game, and don't even use your proper nickname.

... And lastly...

Some pro players do more in less than 3 minutes, with great technicality and precision, than you have done in the last 10 years Bettz... so (and note I don't bother saying the word please anymore) STFU !

And to the rest of you, I'm not splitting it up... I'm trying to keep it together... so if you want to argue between yourselves, go ahead... I've had enough, I get more enjoyment out of playing the game (even when cheated) than I do on the forums anyway... at least there, everyones equal.

#66 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

Attempt at trying to flame in my thread, and make me out as the guy asking for something that the TS community needs: FAIL

Attempt at clearly NOT reading the thread properly, ESPECIALLY the sections where I said I was not putting myself up for moderator: FAIL

Attempt at you carrying on, simply because someone has an interest in a game you have beenb singlehandedly trying to kill off for years, not to mention the fact that you have multiple logins trying to vote you in as moderator, even though you don't play TS: FAIL

Attempt at non-understanding because you weren't privy to the information in the original thread: FAIL

Attempt at twisting my words, and trying to make me out at saying TS is dead, when I CLEARLY stated, I was going back to try and revive a dead forum: FAIL

Nice try Bettzeug... but seriously... don't pick holes in other people, when you don't have all the facts, no longer play the game, and don't even use your proper nickname.

... And lastly...

Some pro players do more in less than 3 minutes, with great technicality and precision, than you have done in the last 10 years Bettz... so (and note I don't bother saying the word please anymore) STFU !

And to the rest of you, I'm not splitting it up... I'm trying to keep it together... so if you want to argue between yourselves, go ahead... I've had enough, I get more enjoyment out of playing the game (even when cheated) than I do on the forums anyway... at least there, everyones equal.

^^^^ Complete lies and nonsense propaganda as per usual.

Attempt at comeback: FAIL

#67 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

Whatever Bettz, come back when you have something to say except FAIL, like perhaps that you will be returning to TS, or that you might actually make a positive contribution to TS, like those much needed BO videos.

Cya around hannibal, and go take your elephants elsewhere.

#68 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

Attempt at life : FAIL

#69 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

Whatever Bettz, come back when you have something to say except FAIL, like perhaps that you will be returning to TS, or that you might actually make a positive contribution to TS, like those much needed BO videos.

Cya around hannibal, and go take your elephants elsewhere.

Repeating yourself over and over again, propaganda 101, tell a lie often enough, and people will start to believe it.
I dont have time for the BO vidoes right now, but as i said in that thread, nothing is stopping anyone else from making some, yourself included, but as per usual, you would rather come here and waste your time arguing with anyone that wlill grant you the time, rather than doing anything positive.
Now trot along back to your dead site, and talk to your only members googlebot and corbion.com bot.

Attempt at life : FAIL

Attempt at understanding the English language: FAIL

#70 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

Attempt at still arquing for longer then a week : FAIL

#71 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

What an interesting read this has become...

#72 PowrBombr

PowrBombr

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

Indeed, and jzamp and bettz, ST have done the bare minimum running TS. If your going to do a job, either do it properly or dont do it at all okay. If they would have shut the server down, somebody else would have made one.. I remember when Rex made a server, which was a success. Had a working ladder and everything, even sysops.

#73 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

It's been 3 days

Thanks.

No-one is suggesting any good ideas.

#74 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

They've been arguing for 7 or 8 years. Not a week. lmao

#75 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Indeed, and jzamp and bettz, ST have done the bare minimum running TS. If your going to do a job, either do it properly or dont do it at all okay. If they would have shut the server down, somebody else would have made one.. I remember when Rex made a server, which was a success. Had a working ladder and everything, even sysops.

How did you manage to figure out that ST have done the bare minimum for TS?
Did you hear someone else say it and just think it was a cool thing to say or something?

Because its certainly not true,
the reality is, the only thing Strike Team are contracted with EA to provide for TibSun, is a working server, and thats it...

so you get the ladder,
the cheat support,,
the xwis admin,
the lobby chat,
and this forum here ALL as a added bonus...

None of the above were available prior to ST taking over from WOL, its funny how short some peoples memories are, maybe we should all go back and reflect on just how dire the support for this game was in the days when EA used to run the servers,
with the servers constantly going offline, sometimes for weeks at a time, the bots, the cheating, no lobby chat, no ladder, no nothing.

Sure strike team could step it up with the hall of fame, and maybe throw in a few prizes from their EA donated memorabilia to monthly winners,
but this is a 10 year old game, activity is painfully low, and im even wondering myself if the game warrants that level of support anymore, i dont think it does.
So just be grateful for what they do offer, and enjoy the game for what it is.

If you want more support from strike team, quit moaning, quit affiliating with pretender sites, and maybe even consider making a donation to them,
when was the last time you gave anything back for all of the years of gaming you have had out of TS?
If all active TS players donated a few bucks to strike team, of course they would have the revenue and incentive to award monthly prizes to TS ladder winners, just like they did in the past.

And if you think your buddy "rex" or whoever this cowboy is could create and manage something remotely comparable to XWIS, you are sorely mistaken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users