77 replies to this topic

#26 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

idk much about the ra2 scene except for when i played for the little time with strm but i know this forumsbeen all about ra2 for ages im sureall the adminspretty much mod that

#27 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

I didn't say I wanted a new one though, I think Bil is perfectly qualified, just isn't on as much or active in here as I'd like to see.

#28 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:08 AM

no one bothers to even post reports on ra2/YR, they dont get seen for ages.. and i dont blame the admins. games too old to worry about cheaters

#29 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

And sadly, we're even older :(

#30 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

^^thats why they released it for free...thats why were tryin to get it active again to save it

#31 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:33 AM

What benefit does that give EA...? None, with the exception of possibly sparking interest in people buying TW/KW and CNC4

#32 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

What benefit does that give EA...? None, with the exception of possibly sparking interest in people buying TW/KW and CNC4

It ties up loose ends, they no longer need to press and sell cds, they can shut down the authentication servers, and transfer all domains to XWIS (as has happened in the last week or so).

#33 PowrBombr

PowrBombr

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Just because you respect them 2 dan doesnt mean the whole of the TS community does either, so you cant exactly say stuff like that because there will always be people who disagree. And i dont spam, i always make informative well-structured posts where needed. I made a few spam posts on gamerwarzone because, well... Everybody did including yourself, you wasnt a respected admin yet you still was an admin. You dont have to be respected to be a Moderator, you have to know what needs to be done and do it properly. Where does respect come into pinning, unpinning, editing posts and warning users? It doesnt.

As for THEBIL being the TS forum admin, how often is he online? Hardly ever, and he probably couldnt care less about this forum, he just likes to play TS.

#34 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Just because you respect them 2 dan doesnt mean the whole of the TS community does either, so you cant exactly say stuff like that because there will always be people who disagree. And i dont spam, i always make informative well-structured posts where needed. I made a few spam posts on gamerwarzone because, well... Everybody did including yourself, you wasnt a respected admin yet you still was an admin. You dont have to be respected to be a Moderator, you have to know what needs to be done and do it properly. Where does respect come into pinning, unpinning, editing posts and warning users? It doesnt.

As for THEBIL being the TS forum admin, how often is he online? Hardly ever, and he probably couldnt care less about this forum, he just likes to play TS.

i am sure the whole of the ts community would prefer someone they have respect for and has vast knowledge of the game, rather then someone to just pin/unpin topics..

i am also positive that you spent alot of time with that post because that really is the first time i have seen you post something more then 2 lines and actually trying to make sense of yorself.

with regards to no one respecting me as admin, was i not the only guy that actually tried to get things done? but with people like you not wanting to put any effort in either, it makes it an impossible task to do

#35 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

i am sure the whole of the ts community would prefer someone they have respect for and has vast knowledge of the game, rather then someone to just pin/unpin topics..

i am also positive that you spent alot of time with that post because that really is the first time i have seen you post something more then 2 lines and actually trying to make sense of yorself.

with regards to no one respecting me as admin, was i not the only guy that actually tried to get things done? but with people like you not wanting to put any effort in either, it makes it an impossible task to do

Seems like this topic turned into 'some one holding up some candy and all the kids wanting it...'.

I have not seen the bil for aaaages... and I do agree with the the idea started in the first post.

#36 PowrBombr

PowrBombr

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Dan you clearly dont read my posts then, kindly keep your opinion to yourself and stop hating, because its not needed nor wanted. Ive not asked for the position as Moderator nor did i say i want it, so stop talking rubbish about me okay?

And you may have tried to get things done, but did you get things done? NO, so IMO that counts as a FAIL. You failed at your job, nobody even uses gamerwarzone anymore, some elite admin you are eh? What did you even do to try and get things done anyway besides that BS ranking system which worked for like a week if that.

Also, LOL LOLL AND LOL at your post in the tiberian sun forum thread on gamerwarzone, thats not just said by me aswell, ive seen lots of people saying LOL at it, trying to take all the credit for something in which alot of people contributed too lol. Cant believe you would do sometihng like that TBH.

For those who dont know, when this forum was made i made a post saying "We now have a tiberian sun forum on Strike Team" or something along them lines, and the next post by Dan was "you can thank me for that"... I mean, cmon LMFAO why would you do that?...

Your a chief man just stfu hating.

#37 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

Dan you clearly dont read my posts then, kindly keep your opinion to yourself and stop hating, because its not needed nor wanted. Ive not asked for the position as Moderator nor did i say i want it, so stop talking rubbish about me okay?

And you may have tried to get things done, but did you get things done? NO, so IMO that counts as a FAIL. You failed at your job, nobody even uses gamerwarzone anymore, some elite admin you are eh? What did you even do to try and get things done anyway besides that BS ranking system which worked for like a week if that.

Also, LOL LOLL AND LOL at your post in the tiberian sun forum thread on gamerwarzone, thats not just said by me aswell, ive seen lots of people saying LOL at it, trying to take all the credit for something in which alot of people contributed too lol. Cant believe you would do sometihng like that TBH.

For those who dont know, when this forum was made i made a post saying "We now have a tiberian sun forum on Strike Team" or something along them lines, and the next post by Dan was "you can thank me for that"... I mean, cmon LMFAO why would you do that?...

Your a chief man just stfu hating.

regardless of what you may have heard or think you know, i was the one to get the ball rolling with olaf.

when i was active on gamerwarzone things did get done, besides the ranking system, and obviously you didnt read my post because i did not say you asked to be a mod, i gave my view on the situation.

and gamerwarzone is a dead site, has been for a long time but like it has been said multiple times in the past, how can a site be run with the community as it is, you are a prime example of how bad the community is

#38 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

dans right on this one...ive been part of many forums and for u to say all ur posts are well constructed and well thought about is wrong. a lot is just spam.

and yes dan is one of the only reasons gamer was active at the time he did everything for it

#39 PowrBombr

PowrBombr

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

TS forums get spammed because people get provoked, people get provoked because admins and moderators dont do their jobs properly. Im sure Bettz pointed this out in one of his only posts that made sense. You did nothing besides that failed ranks system, nothing. Please do prove me wrong on this one?...

Dont act like some big intellectual guy here, your just as much to blame as everybody else.

And dont say you got the ball rolling with Olaf, because you didnt at all. The thing what made him do this was years of being asked by multiple people. The fact that you tried to take glory for something you didnt do shows the type of guy you are. Ive seen you make stupid posts and once the person has seen the post you delete it so nobody else can see. Take some time to jump down from your high horse and have a look around. Your respected about as much as the rest of us, we hate each other and then a few days later we are friends again, well most of us are.

Prime example = me and jzampage, one point hated each other and are now friends, same with lots of others, but we didnt make a big public deal about it.

#40 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm afraid if all the named canditates for this position keep acting the way they are then this will never have a chance to take place. You are all welcome to continue your cross forum rants and arquements how ever take my advice if you wanna get some where.

#41 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

i dont think most of us posting here are even canidates...idk if dan or ryan want the spot but i know that i don't want it im just tryin to get envolved i just like to be envolved in the drama it makes me feel needed

#42 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

TS forums get spammed because people get provoked, people get provoked because admins and moderators dont do their jobs properly. Im sure Bettz pointed this out in one of his only posts that made sense. You did nothing besides that failed ranks system, nothing. Please do prove me wrong on this one?...

Dont act like some big intellectual guy here, your just as much to blame as everybody else.

And dont say you got the ball rolling with Olaf, because you didnt at all. The thing what made him do this was years of being asked by multiple people. The fact that you tried to take glory for something you didnt do shows the type of guy you are. Ive seen you make stupid posts and once the person has seen the post you delete it so nobody else can see. Take some time to jump down from your high horse and have a look around. Your respected about as much as the rest of us, we hate each other and then a few days later we are friends again, well most of us are.

Prime example = me and jzampage, one point hated each other and are now friends, same with lots of others, but we didnt make a big public deal about it.

to be honest, bettz was the original reason olaf even considered a ts forum, i became aware of this and convinced olaf it was a good idea

i am not acting intellectual, i just dislike dumb people, and over the years you have suggested you are nothing but..

im not interested in a mod spot riley, i have given way too much of my time to this game, wasted time as it was

#43 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

I'm open to suggestions, but arguing about it is certainly not going to solve anything - but we already know that.

It's just nature for people on TS to always be on the defensive - shown here for example.

I'm definitely not going to get in the middle of this dilemma - the last thing I want to do is cause drama when a lot of progress has been made recently. We can't afford that setback.

Everyone should put their opinions aside so we can work towards a common goal that we all desire - a better TS.

#44 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

Past:
2 forums of players come together, here, at the request of a staffer at ST.
A TS forum is created.

Present:
No-one seems to be showing the TS community any support (wow, ever feel a sense of deja vu here ?) and THEBIL is... a little bit AFK.

Future:
Show us that there was a good reason for us to come here, or do we go back to before, when WE were supporting the players, instead of waiting for someone to cope with the demand from TS players ?

Don't take it from me... take it from one of Tiberian Suns greatest figures.
"He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past."
- Kane

Edited by WhiteTib, 29 March 2010 - 06:31 PM.

#45 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Lol, very cheesy WT - but you're right.

#46 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

Past:
2 forums of players come together, here, at the request of a staffer at ST.
A TS forum is created.

I believe that was just some member on gamerwarzone saying all go to strike-team?

Whats a forum moderator going to do any different to a global mod right now in this single ts forum? Maybe you should start requesting for sub-forums that would actually require forum moderators.

#47 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

I believe that was just some member on gamerwarzone saying all go to strike-team?

Yes, a member did say that, shortly after you commented that we should shut down both forums and move here.

Whats a forum moderator going to do any different to a global mod right now in this single ts forum?

Already answered in my original post.

Maybe you should start requesting for sub-forums that would actually require forum moderators.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think a good structure could be:
XWIS Forum » XWIS Discussion » Tiberian Sun
- Players Lounge
- Mod map downloads
- Upload your screenshot here
- Tournaments
- Tech Support
- Forum updates / Suggestions

Oh, and if you could perhaps tell THEBIL that we exist, it would be nice for him to show... perhaps at least 1 nanosecond of interest.
Thankyou.

PS.. and I do appreciate that you have a job to do, and are extremely busy, but please... do something that EA never has....
Give the TibSun community more support, than the bag that the game came home in.

Edited by WhiteTib, 29 March 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#48 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Yes, a member did say that, shortly after you commented that we should shut down both forums and move here.

And did it happen? If it did wouldnt these TS forums be demanding more TS related forums, instead i'm suggesting it. Yes, most have moved and we appreciate it. Things take time to get done around here. :)

I think a good structure could be:
XWIS Forum » XWIS Discussion » Tiberian Sun
- Players Lounge
- Mod map downloads
- Upload your screenshot here
- Tournaments
- Tech Support
- Forum updates / Suggestions

Players lounge

We already have it.

Upload your screenshot here

Fairplay forum! Its just the matter of using it, its there for all games not just for RA2. I'm not saying its a good idea, but if things need to get going with TS fairplay, then maybe a subforum to the fairplay forum just for TS should be made. (Or even still use the Tiberian sun cheat report area to name and shame?, just brainstorming here..)

Tech Support

Already have XWIS game help and help archives, splitting help topics all over the place isn't going to help anyone.

Forum updates / Suggestions

News & announcements, and suggestions can be posted anywhere depending what it is.

Oh, and if you could perhaps tell THEBIL that we exist, it would be nice for him to show... perhaps at least 1 nanosecond of interest.
Thankyou.

He has messenger or forum messaging no?

Now whats the purpose for Mod map downloads?

Tournaments, i have just opened a topic about. http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162660-who-makes-good-touranments-for-ts/

Edited by neogrant, 29 March 2010 - 07:39 PM.

#49 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

And did it happen?

Pretty much, yes.
CNCLOUNGE.com is now completely offline, and GamerWarzone pretty much became a ghost-town the last month.
Forum posting on both forums has dropped dramatically, forum registrations have risen here, and you have even posted a topic about how the figures for ST have risen.

If it did wouldnt these TS forums be demanding more TS related forums, instead i'm suggesting it. Yes, most have moved and we appreciate it. Things take time to get done around here. :)

Without knowing what our "rights" are here... without a link (which I have asked for several times) to the forum rules, without talking to us, to let us know how much leeway we have here as a community, we have no idea what we are able to accomplish, since it appears that you are the only mediator here (when THEBIL has just vanished) and that seems to be that.

Tiberian Sun Players lounge ?
The internet has enough Windows v Linux arguments, do you really want a Players lounge full of RA2 v TS arguments ?

Fair Play
- Tiberian Sun
- Red Alert 2
- Yuris Revenge

Tech Support
- General Problems
- Tiberian Sun
- Red Alert 2
- Yuris Revenge

He has messenger or forum messaging no?

Haven't got a clue, haven't seen him around.

Now whats the purpose for Mod map downloads?

erm... For players to download mod maps, to archive them, to keep TS going, and growing.

Tournaments, i have just opened a topic about. http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162660-who-makes-good-touranments-for-ts/

Thankyou :)

#50 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

Forum rules have been announced for a couple of days now http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/forum/388-tiberian-sun/ They are in every forum (that need them) Have now been published top right of the forum. (next to view new content)

Tiberian sun players lounge, why not just use THIS forum we are in as the hub or lounge.

Edited by neogrant, 31 March 2010 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users