62 replies to this topic

#1 DonCarlo

DonCarlo

Omertan

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18264 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:46 PM

Help us to get the message to those not used to a fair-play environment that they must not cheat on XWIS.
It is far better to "educate" them than to ban them.
If you know people are being tempted to cheat please do your part by pointing them on the right path, and warn them that they will get themselves banned if they cheat.

Flaming is not likely to help so please try the softly softly approach :)

#2 W0nNaPl4y

W0nNaPl4y

Colonel

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6954 posts
  • XWIS Name: W0nNaPl4y

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

I do that already every game i play :)

#3 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:24 PM

I do too. One kid cheated me and I told him if he does it he will get banned.
Happend bout 30times now :|

#4 JiP

JiP

Bleh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4716 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:26 PM

lmfao, this is like online drugs!

#5 Thick as Mince

Thick as Mince

Im stupid

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • XWIS Name: drakphaet

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:39 PM

lmfao, this is like online drugs!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

#6 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:52 PM

they think they know evryfin but we stil try :)

#7 Andy.

Andy.

YR God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2576 posts
  • XWIS Name: i7j

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:06 PM

they think they know evryfin but we stil try :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true dat. B)

#8 -STeVe-

-STeVe-

Seal

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:22 AM

what if the recon error comes up before you reply to their comment that you cheat

#9 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

what if the recon error comes up before you reply to their comment that you cheat

Then you did your best...

#10 Paradigm

Paradigm

Homelesskid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2356 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

don r u sayin that wol transferies will be treated with more leaniancy than regular xwis players?

#11 SirGolgi

SirGolgi

Semper Fi

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:39 AM

I think they should. I mean before we were all hear because we checked this forum out and knew what to do and not to do and had to go out of our way to get on xwis but now everyone is being switched without knowing it.. just give it some time I haven't seen much cheating. They will learn after one time of being banned to stick with ffg if they wanna cheat.. keep the message in QM up though so people know.. I'd suggest putting the "Cheaters will be banned" in CAPs.

#12 Paradigm

Paradigm

Homelesskid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2356 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:21 AM

u have a point,like when they didnt no about the swear ban. :lol: yeah i guess they should get 1 warning then treatment like any other player.

#13 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:30 PM

i must thank you again don since ra2 got so OWNAGE n i got already 3* n top 10 is 800 + pts :S

#14 Raider

Raider

GLOBAL MODERAIDER

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6574 posts
  • XWIS Name: Raider

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:46 PM

There are a lot of players who I've played and bet already who have been like "what the hell, how did you get THAT much" etc. These are players who on WOL QM would have probably won 9 out of 10 games, so yeah, let them know a bit about the history of XWIS and stuff too.

#15 lwinagain

lwinagain

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:45 PM

So what happens when you get cheated or don't cheat like say me for instance but i get reset instead? Wheres the logic in that?

#16 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

So what happens when you get cheated or don't cheat like say me for instance but i get reset instead?  Wheres the logic in that?

Then we need to educate you not to share your serial or make nicks for others.

#17 AMBUSH

AMBUSH

417 HARDCORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2213 posts
  • XWIS Name: MARSA

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:26 PM

oh soo what should i do if i have other serials that are mine shoild i just leave them and not use them nicks anymore?

#18 Trickybot

Trickybot

RR2 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

Hi Don

Thanks for the second chance now that I believe i am not being cheated everygame by maphacks like it was in the Westwood days. I have gotten rid of my map reveal and am playing everything like it should be. I am recording my games and will submit ss If you ever require them. I am sending you one screenshot now from a past game because in the posts it was said that a move I did was not possible. I disagree as it is very possible and a dog will scout far enough back to place a barrick on the side of the cliff. No harm done but wanted to try and prove a move I use to flank players who don't think It is possible to get behind them without going down the middle.

Happy Holidays
TrickyBot

Attached Thumbnails

• Trickybot_ss.jpg

#19 Seisse

Seisse

Underrated owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2245 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:26 PM

Thats kinda noobish tactic but funny :)

#20 [NL]Jephyte

[NL]Jephyte

Dutchies Own.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:28 PM

Lmao, i did that just this afternoon :blink:

#21 jensson68

jensson68

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:47 AM

Hi all
I have now bin band i have nevar cheated i dont know how to and i newar want to but i have pust mi Esc buton when i have bin losing and i have now found out that resorts to disconecting and i wuld like to apolagise to al players that i have done that to and poynt out to them i wont do that agen.

So a BIGGGGGGGGGGGG sorry to all :tongue:

#22 Ringy

Ringy

=)

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2879 posts
  • XWIS Name: Harsh

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

Hi all
I have now bin band i have nevar cheated i dont know how to and i newar want to but i have pust mi Esc buton when i have bin losing and i have now found out that resorts to disconecting and i wuld like to apolagise to al players that i have done that to and poynt out to them i wont do that agen.
So a BIGGGGGGGGGGGG sorry to all :tongue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can read you like a book -

#23 madge

madge

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

not an easily understandable book though eh

#24 AZGUNS

AZGUNS

Sergeant

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:53 AM

I just wanted to say maybe some of these kids would not cheat if Xwis was not set up the way it is I mean there is nothing for the ones that can't get 501 points a month I mean on westwood if you got 501 points you got that badge and it was yours you earned it but by Xwis standards you have to keep them points all month
so theres way more pressure then ever as if it wasn't hard enough as it is I mean look at me I never was very good at this game don't have time to play it really with school and work I got up to 301 points but lost and now only have 142 points so I don't get the badge I should get for the 301 points, and me I don't care red one, blue one, green one I just don't care but I do think people only cheat cause
they want some kind of badge and lets face it if you suck you suck and if your good your good lol and xwis players are really good I ask people to teach me how to build fast like they do but they don't and they don't care ok anyway
I think people only cheated on westwood cause westwood did nothing to stop it
and didn't care what any one did so even if you did cheat so what westwood did nothing to cheaters but Xwis is doing a good job and they do care
and so I think if you just let up on the badge rule a bit you would have a lot less cheaters I believe that if you get up to 300 points well you damn sure earned it
and you should get that badge and if some one does cheat take there badge and there points as it is now lots of people don't want to play qm's cause they can't seem to keep them points all month to get a badge so why play at all
Xwis may not look at it the way I see it but a lot of people do and
some of these kids just get so upset cause they play the best game they can then 3 days before the end of the month they lose a game and now don't get that badge they worked so hard and by westwood standards they would have gotten that badge so they cheat trying to get the badge they fell they earned

or here goes an ideal how about if you do cheat you get the 16 day band and when you come back you get a cheater badge? so every one knows you cheated
for a whole month you would be stuck with a cheater badge lol that would rule people would almost band them selfs cause every one would know they cheated
and they wouldn't want to log in and if they did think of what the other players would say lol so they would think a lot harder about cheating again
anyway I will stop typing now lol

#25 MKBalkanBoy

MKBalkanBoy

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:45 PM

@ Don & rest of the team

respect for the soft aproach, it is the only right way... for repeated cheaterz, sometimes ban (permanently) is the only solution, but most of the cheaterz are kidz who just hate to lose :smile:

im one of the "seniors" in ra2/yr, ill b soon 33, im father my self, & i luv kidz :)

me & my m8s (imissu, amsoxa, Broodie1, Allen1980, Folken1, Cabledue/Hosirdady, Reyfire, Yurinoob2, dbzgt02 & many others, sorry guys, too long list :tongue: ) are known in YR for fair play & soft aproach, education instead punishment

i offer myself to teach some soviet fighting 1 or 2 guys who are ready to give up cheating.

i have time almost every evening Central European time :smile:

im not the best with sov, there are some awesome playerz here, but also im not the worst, so if someone is ready to delete the cheatz, pm me here to arange to meet :)

greetz to all, & help strike team & xwis to keep the servers running, so we can keep on playing this games

mkschranz / VeteranTC / Armakedon / MkPhalanx

Edited by MKBalkanBoy, 26 January 2006 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users