SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVi3tWaR

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

XWIS supports Yuri's Revenge as well.

Wrong. XWIS Yuri's Revenge supports 3v3 as well.

CnCNet does not have real RA2.

Wrong. CnCNet does not have RA2.

They've been promising this for years. How many years has it been since they said they are making a ladder? 2 years, 3 years or longer?

Lol at the rest of your post.

they dont really support it at all troll. They just run a completely dead server - CNc Net offers actual patches- they are on Client Version 3.0 which just recently came out. doesnt have ra2 - ra2 was garbage anyways 2vs2 tiny tech tree- unbalanced , it may not have real ra2 but its better then ra2 i played a ra2 mode- and the hospital auto healed ,

as for the ladder , like i said their priority was mostly patching the game - for window 8,10 the client version is new it just came out dec 2k16 . These people are building on a preexisting game, they dont get paid as far as  i know they are volunteers who are improving a game, Doesnt change the fact XWIS is dead with no major changes.. we got what this website , changes to the to some maps diffrent tourny maps etc. i see a game with a community . with updating and actual improvements, ra2 is just a down graded version of yuri anyways basic tech tree small game/ and dumber units 

XWIS supports Yuri's Revenge as well.

Wrong. XWIS Yuri's Revenge supports 3v3 as well.

CnCNet does not have real RA2.

Wrong. CnCNet does not have RA2.

They've been promising this for years. How many years has it been since they said they are making a ladder? 2 years, 3 years or longer?

Lol at the rest of your post.

they dont really support it at all troll. They just run a completely dead server - CNc Net offers actual patches- they are on Client Version 3.0 which just recently came out. doesnt have ra2 - ra2 was garbage anyways 2vs2 tiny tech tree- unbalanced , it may not have real ra2 but its better then ra2 i played a ra2 mode- and the hospital auto healed ,

as for the ladder , like i said their priority was mostly patching the game - for window 8,10 the client version is new it just came out dec 2k16 . These people are building on a preexisting game, they dont get paid as far as  i know they are volunteers who are improving a game, Doesnt change the fact XWIS is dead with no major changes.. we got what this website , changes to the to some maps diffrent tourny maps etc. i see a game with a community . with updating and actual improvements, ra2 is just a down graded version of yuri anyways basic tech tree small game/ and dumber units 

back in the day b4 this digital stuff. ra2 was just more popular cause more people had the actual game less people had yuri/ liked it but the role is reversed atm. people cant handle the tech tree

#27 b3nz

b3nz

Све Џамије у Облаке Лете

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • XWIS Name: b3nz

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

they dont really support it at all troll.

Are you saying XWIS doesn't support Yuri's Revenge? Yet XWIS is Official Server. Who is the double-posting-troll here?

ra2 was garbage anyways 2vs2 tiny tech tree- unbalanced

Now you're saying RA2 is unbalanced. When everybody knows that YR is the more unbalanced game. Can't make up any more ridiculous argument, can you "troll"?

Doesnt change the fact XWIS is dead with no major changes..

Is Auto SS not a "major change"? XWIS isn't dead.

#28 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

Let's not forget something here, XWIS has paved the way for a long long time. It's kept everyone in one place with some great games and history. 

XWIS isn't dead, but it's clear things have faded. Problems such as this are a stab wound, but basic game functionality reports such as a "black screen", "no menus showing", or the "game being slow" like this, has been happening for years, and it's evident it's catching up to everyone as they update their OS.

When RA2 went freeware for a couple of months on that "On the house deal", there were a massive amount of signups here, at a good guess barely half made it to actually playing a game. They were stuck looking for a menu button that didn't show, or moving a tank around at 5fps, uninstalled, moved on.

The problem is the game, not XWIS.

#29 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

^^amen

#30 aCnChaOz

aCnChaOz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

for me this 2 servers should merge. i dunno how but they should, i didnt logon on xwis for about 1 year.

#31 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

I'm sure there's a way we could help, but no-one knows how it would work, or the best way of doing it.

#32 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

for me this 2 servers should merge. i dunno how but they should, i didnt logon on xwis for about 1 year.

Give it a year, XWIS will have to close it's doors/turn over control to CnCNet.

Either that, or Olaf and Co. can start to find a way to make this work. It's rather self-evident when you observe online totals (YR:0, Ra2: diminishing), while YR cncnet is around 100-300 it seems (hard to judge based on time/day) with an amazing client.

Would be pretty awesome if there was a way to merge and we had ladder control + the net sum of people. It obviously makes no sense to have two servers when there is limited people. Ah well! I'm sure Olaf knows all this more than anyone. 

#33 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

Olaf is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to stuborn,to merge/work  with cncnet.

2 bad the guy who loved ra2,and done so much for ra2,is watching at hes child dieing

And he doesnt do shit

#34 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Give it a year, XWIS will have to close it's doors/turn over control to CnCNet.

Who says that it will have to? XWIS Doesn't have to do anything. Quite frankly, XWIS has done enough over the years to keep these games alive. If you guys over there would stop DDoS'ing XWIS you could be taken seriously but even then, you maybe should grow up first (mentally, at the very least).

Would be pretty awesome if [...] we had ladder control

If I remember correctly, a highly skilled programmer offered you guys to make a ladder for. Offering his valuable working time way under value, literally for peanuts. That was 1.5 years ago. You respectfully declined because all your funds were already being spent on your current developers and they allegedly were working on a ladder already. Where are you now 1.5 years later? There's still no ladder that you can show.

Olaf is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to stuborn,to merge/work  with cncnet.

You can't just merge XWIS and CnCNet. They use two completely different technologies but you're too thick to understand that and instead opt to insult Olaf. Way to go.

And he doesnt do shit

Olaf did a lot for XWIS. The automatic screenshot uploader was a major undertaking and has helped XWIS a lot.

#35 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

Hi Alex lol :p

#36 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:46 AM

People tell me CnCnet is great. I go on there and realise they're liars.

Edited by DylHole, 18 January 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#37 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:10 AM

People tell me CnCnet is great. I go on there and realise they're liars.

Do you have anything substantial to add to the conversation? I'd like to hear your thoughts for such a strong, dissenting opinion?

#38 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

No you wouldn't. You just ignore anything substantial I say. Smug fucker.

#39 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

Usually you back up your statements with reasons though Dylan.

Edited by NeoGrant, 21 January 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#40 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

Neo gtfo

stay the FUCK out

#41 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

I dont get why do they keep promoting their server on different server's forum?

#42 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

I dont get why do they keep promoting their server on different server's forum?

Shutting down opinions is a sign of defeat.

This topic was created out of curiosity of what the differences between the two servers are. To give a potential player a good overview of what to expect and where to spend his/her time.

#43 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Neo gtfo

stay the FUCK out

Awww Niek, still haven't grown up I see. 

#44 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

:baby: i still suck hard

#45 RioXonHotels

RioXonHotels

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

:baby: i still suck hard "tools"

#46 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

Usually you back up your statements with reasons though Dylan.

I don't mean any disrespect to you personally, Neo. Though I can see why you might take it that way.

I have some problems with the CnCnet client that I could pinpoint for you but they'd most likely be unique and personal to myself or a small number of people.

I'd much rather just antagonise prep but if I actually express reason and say that to him it'll ruin the whole effect.

However, since you replied so sincerely you've made me tender and I think you deserve some justification for my statement.

First of all, I'd like to say I still have the client installed and every now and then I try and revel in nostalgia by going online and playing games.

I was happy with and excited for CnCnet when they first said they were going to support YR, hell, IIRC I did a small amount of testing the alpha(?) client, exposing problems and passing them on.

When the client was released my machine couldn't run the .exe due to a fault in my windows or what have you, that's what the help at the CnCnet support forums told me. I spent extensive time trying to fix it and it indirectly lead me to reinstalling windows which fixed the problem. So I go online, play some games, everything works as intended.

What's my fucking problem? Simply it's the people there. Have you tried speaking with anyone on the client - in-game, in the lobby? Maybe I'm too much of an outcast but I seldom get responses from people. Take for example the amount of people CnCnet cater to compared to XWIS and then look at the forum content. This forum is FUN. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. You can call be a habitualist loner and argue my point is biased but I've deduced that there is some truth to what I say about the impersonal nature of the people on CnCnet, i.e your entire forums are full of people asking for help, getting help, and then never posting again. Plus there's that one guy who just acts so smug all the time, I'm not sure of his name but he came over to this forum with his abrupt opinions about XWIS and the idea of a merger... I'm sure you remember. Anyway, that guy did a poor job of representing CnCnet, I think a lot of people agree with me on that.

Then there's the quality of game-play. Actually I should have put this first. You people are really cultivating some noobs. It really puts emphasis on the necessity of a ladder system when you have 90% of the people learning from that guy who can get 5 elite ggis in his bf before you can. It's no fun when the other players are incapable of basic strategy, no, it's more than that, it's anti-fun. I know there's good players on the client, I've gamed with some but they're impossible to keep track of with freely changing aliases - something a ladder/registration system could fix. Now that I think of it, a set alias would also support a more personal connection with the other users but I digress. Games are laggy, too. There's an obsession with 3v3s and 5+ man ffas on that client. I'm yet to participate in a 4+ manned game without horrendous lag. Yes, my Australian connection is poor but I'm not sure if that would cause extreme FPS lag. I stick to 1v1s and 2v2s, often winning without trying but these game types are far and few between.

Look, I'll log on right now...
First of all, I forgot about the nauseating sound notification of a new game being created. Wow. What the fuck.

I just half finished a game of ffa Canyon Fodder, the most normal game-type I could find. I took middle gems with dogs and GIs. The France opponent (oh fun!) chased one of my GIs around with his chronominer for 20 seconds before warping home, without mining. I got my tech up, my naval up and the game DC'd. Cool. Back to the lobby and I'm instantly bombarded with that sound notifications, about once every two seconds. It's so loud and awful.

With my headset sitting on my shoulders, ringing about as loud as my phone, I scroll through available games in a ten minute period. Redzones S T M, Snowball's Chance (Host France, crates on), Defend Romanov, FFA Sedona, Bering Strait 3v3/4v4, other obscure custom maps. No, I will not conform! It almost seems implied that I ought to be in some type of clique to find good competition.

I've just logged on XWIS Ra2 for comparison. 11 people online when I first entered the lobby. Intending to play 1v1, I host a game and have two people join immediately, then I change to 2v2 and the fourth comes within 3 minutes. Am I just lucky? Anyway, I ended up playing a 2v2 South Pacific match, a 1v1 on Dry Heat TvB and finally a 1v1 vs the notorious "playhard" on random map. A fraction of the numbers and yet the experience is much better.

So, that's my reasoning. Get a good 1v1 ladder going, fix that beeping and I'll play. You have a duty to it, Olaf sucks we all know that, so your duty is to Make Ra2 Great Again.

#47 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

TL DR;

#48 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

Great post Dylan. I understand your sentiments now. You eloquently wrote many of the issues of CNCNet. I would say many of them are personal to you (especially due to your locality), but there is no doubt that a ladder and clan system (along with a better nickname registration system) would help almost all of those issues. It's critically important that this game fosters the 'newb' player for there to be a future for ra2/yr. Also the 'newb' player plays an important role in any hypothetical ladder for activity. In any case, I can't fault you for your cncnet opinion any more. To each their own!  :thumbsup:

#49 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Gr owns for ffg ra2

#50 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members