9 replies to this topic

#1 aRsEniCk

aRsEniCk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

Hi guys, since I started playing 3-4 months ago, which would be quite recent as compared to most players here...

I struggle quite a bit to identify maps in QM. Other than 4-5 maps which I can quite easily recognize when the game starts...I can never tell which map I'm playing. 

Does this just come with playing QMs over and over again or is there another way...because most people I play can tell which map it is instantly.

Thank you!

#2 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

Hi guys, since I started playing 3-4 months ago, which would be quite recent as compared to most players here...

I struggle quite a bit to identify maps in QM. Other than 4-5 maps which I can quite easily recognize when the game starts...I can never tell which map I'm playing. 

Does this just come with playing QMs over and over again or is there another way...because most people I play can tell which map it is instantly.

Thank you!

Just keep qming for a while then you will know which map it is

#3 aRsEniCk

aRsEniCk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

PAF! you're quite active. You okay to play a few series every now and again!? you're always wanting 2v2s! Lemme know when its a good time for you to play some 1v1s and whoop me :)

#4 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, just play a lot

#5 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

I'm in the same boat. Having only recently started playing again after quite a few years I don't know any of the new maps. Just takes time.

#6 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Standard Westwood qm map basic strategy: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171373-qm-map-previews-standard-westwood-maps/#entry1469549

Downloads:
Standard maps: http://xwis.net/temp/standard-maps-january-2015.zip

New QM maps: http://xwis.net/temp/new-maps-january-2015.zip"]http://xwis.net/temp/new-maps-january-2015.zip

#7 aRsEniCk

aRsEniCk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

thanks a lot guy! you're the man josh! need to play you sometime! 

#8 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

The only way to really get the hang of it (especially on Red alert 2 since you have no idea what map it is until after you deploy MCV) is by experience. A lot of experience.

Ra2 QM has quite a lot of maps, so many that you will not be able to learn them quickly.

This is great for the experienced players of years and years, but terrible for a new player such as yourself.

It might be a good idea to play tourney matches on some of the unfamiliar QM maps until you get the hang of a few of them to have a good solid base of 'known maps'. Once you feel confident with, say, 10 of them, then you can work yourself into more maps.

Good maps to start: Country Swing, Official Tournament map B, South Pacific, Montana DMZ, Heartland, Official Tournament map A, Urban rush. These are all pretty classic QM maps.

On the new maps... your guess is as good as mine, they are some excellent maps, but quite a lot there.

#9 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

If your stupid or Einstein, doesn't matter Ra2 is only experience and persistence, as life.

#10 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

I just recently started to play as well after a few yrs, and the addition of new maps is bittersweet to me. It's good because definitely adds a lot of variety to the game, and although I don't know most of the maps I play, they look really interesting and make it so that no one gets too comfortable as the maps are random and every map is played differently. I am like 29/45 in QM right now, and although it's a losing record I am having the time of my life lol. Love every part of the game including the new maps, auto SS and new resolution. The only annoying thing is waiting 10-15 minutes to find a game in QM.

What everyone said is true, just keep playing and you eventually learn which map is which. The only real way to good at this game is to keep playing ton of games. Expect to lose a lot, but try your best to learn what goes wrong in each loss and what you can do better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users