#51 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well tanyas training grounds obviously he wouldnt like, but I already said that one, I just asked what maps he thought were unfair... Arena33 is I guess, it really depends, I mean I dont see how its unfair, but there are 6 oils if I'm not mistaken. Kickyou, it would have taken you less time to just say the maps you thought were unfair, then your explanation of why you cant lol. If you want change, you are gonna have to put a little effort behind it :p

#52 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Well tanyas training grounds obviously he wouldnt like, but I already said that one, I just asked what maps he thought were unfair... Arena33 is I guess, it really depends, I mean I dont see how its unfair, but there are 6 oils if I'm not mistaken. Kickyou, it would have taken you less time to just say the maps you thought were unfair, then your explanation of why you cant lol. If you want change, you are gonna have to put a little effort behind it :p

Nothing I could say would convince someone who thinks dry heat is unfair on svy.

#53 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Arena33 i a map for real Yuri player, each game i play it on this map it took more than 20 min,i don't see how it can be unfair (except dogs luck maybe).

Also it has 6 oils on mid + 2 for each players.

#54 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Nothing I could say would convince someone who thinks dry heat is unfair on svy.

Who thinks dry heat is unfair SvY of course Yuri has advantage there but there are plenty of other maps that Yuri dominate on far worse...... And I just wanted to see what maps u think were unfair to Yuri, out of curiousity

#55 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Who thinks dry heat is unfair SvY of course Yuri has advantage there but there are plenty of other maps that Yuri dominate on far worse...... And I just wanted to see what maps u think were unfair to Yuri, out of curiousity

Look back over the posts, the guy that picks the maps does.

I have beaten most yuri players with sovs on dry heat. I actually think it's pretty fair. You can take yuri vs my sovs and prove me wrong if you want?

if you have some influence in the choice of maps then happy to go online and show you which ones

#56 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I have beaten most yuri players with sovs on dry heat. I actually think it's pretty fair. You can take yuri vs my sovs and prove me wrong if you want?

if you have some influence in the choice of maps then happy to go online and show you which ones

What? I said I don't mind sovs vs Yuri on dry heat.. I've beaten sunny there a few times, but that doesn't change the fact that its strong on that map... All you have to do is tell me the maps man, I'm starting to get the feeling you don't know what you're talking about.

#57 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

What? I said I don't mind sovs vs Yuri on dry heat.. I've beaten sunny there a few times, but that doesn't change the fact that its strong on that map... All you have to do is tell me the maps man, I'm starting to get the feeling you don't know what you're talking about.

I am starting to get the feeling you just join in topics for the hell of it. Why waste time discussing it with you when as far as I know you don't even play the game!

It is nice that you can write in sentences now though, never could understand what on earth you were on about before.

#58 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

I am starting to get the feeling you just join in topics for the hell of it. Why waste time discussing it with you when as far as I know you don't even play the game!

It is nice that you can write in sentences now though, never could understand what on earth you were on about before.

I took YOUR map list and asked out of those maps which ones are unfair for yuri, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see dry heat in the list.... You are just talking in circles..!

#59 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

I watched sunny get slapped over and over again by the likes of Dean and Phailure on really big maps. If you cannot attack pretty quickly after allies tech your going to lose as yuri. Year in and year out everyone says yuri is easy and they are 10x better than the yuri player or whatever but we still have only seen 2 or 3 people get rank 1 on xwis with yuri even today.

I am not claiming to be the best yuri player but still good enough to get quite a few hof's over the years. The reason was for every bad map we had a good one. Now we have a sov player picking and choosing the maps without much or any experience playing avy and removing maps like dry heat for svy. Net result 1 person playing yuri.

Re-read what I said.

Ur beggining to annoy me, i made this topic so we could all pick map's together i am not picking the map's i have added no new maps into qm, this was done well before i was admin, all i did was remove a load of the new map's that where added and host an event to try and help thing's.

You all have an influence, that's the whole point of this topic if you are not going to post reasons as to why and how you think thing's are unfair there is no point in you posting. Give reason's for your choice's so other's can speculate, evaluate, and give there own opinion, so we can all come to a conclusion. Your going round in circles and we arent moving foward like this. Your also making me out to be a dictator of some sort, whereas in reality im trying to make all voices heard

Dry heat in my opinion is a map that Yuri has an advantage on all it takes is 1 magnetron to catch ur miners from cliff and it can pretty much turn the game, its also very difficult to stop due to the range of the magnetron on that cliff. its winnable as soviet's of course at a high level of play but yet again your not looking at thing's from all level of player's perspective.

#60 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Ur beggining to annoy me, i made this topic so we could all pick map's together i am not picking the map's i have added no new maps into qm, this was done well before i was admin, all i did was remove a load of the new map's that where added and host an event to try and help thing's.

You all have an influence, that's the whole point of this topic if you are not going to post reasons as to why and how you think thing's are unfair there is no point in you posting. Give reason's for your choice's so other's can speculate, evaluate, and give there own opinion, so we can all come to a conclusion. Your going round in circles and we arent moving foward like this. Your also making me out to be a dictator of some sort, whereas in reality im trying to make all voices heard

Dry heat in my opinion is a map that Yuri has an advantage on all it takes is 1 magnetron to catch ur miners from cliff and it can pretty much turn the game, its also very difficult to stop due to the range of the magnetron on that cliff. its winnable as soviet's of course at a high level of play but yet again your not looking at thing's from all level of player's perspective.

That's life Zig, we got on fine before you became an admin and I do respect you as a player but I don't agree with you and I have not seen anyone else agree on about dry heat.

Sovs have some great options here but not with tactics I have seen you use. For example M4ster would send 2 flaks with a waypointed engi in both straight at yuri's base, Robin would top vs bottom (or other way round) send his first miner and 20 cons straight in, Marko deso's the gems and drones the chaos, most engi eat and some even get 3 oils. Mags are expensive and deso can defend the cliffs. I have never had a bad match win or lose as sovs or yuri on it. I think your plain wrong and the map pool now suits you not the average sov.

For gods sake man you have hidden valley yvs how can dry heat be harder for sovs than that?

#61 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

stfu you antagonistic fair-weather player. You show up once in a blue moon completely uninformed and spew your righteous arrogant trash and leave. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD: zigzag has worked to restore the original 2009 qm with a limited number of new map additions. While you were away, not playing, not caring, not knowing anything about what was going on, there was a yr qm renovation which was devastating to activity. Recently Zig has taken a great deal of his own time to try and restore it. 

Stop using terms like "your choices" "your qm" "your maps" this was not a map pool put together solely by zigzag and he has gone out of his way to understand your concerns despite your inflammatory rubbish. 

jesus you're such a dick. 

#62 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

stfu you antagonistic fair-weather player. You show up once in a blue moon completely uninformed and spew your righteous arrogant trash and leave. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD: zigzag has worked to restore the original 2009 qm with a limited number of new map additions. While you were away, not playing, not caring, not knowing anything about what was going on, there was a yr qm renovation which was devastating to activity. Recently Zig has taken a great deal of his own time to try and restore it. 

Stop using terms like "your choices" "your qm" "your maps" this was not a map pool put together solely by zigzag and he has gone out of his way to understand your concerns despite your inflammatory rubbish. 

jesus you're such a dick. 

Yes I remember you too half-wit. If could not care in the least what someone of your limited intellect thinks of me.

I guess by how upset you are that you had a hand in creating this mess?

How hard can it be to role the map pool back to what it was? I realize to a moron like yourself it must appear magic but in reality it's probably just a few mouse clicks.

Edited by kickyou73, 11 September 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#63 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

That wasn't the idea numb nuts.

And your remark about my intellect indicates you've nothing of substance to contribute. No surprise.

Time to go away again? Please do.

#64 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yes I remember you too half-wit. If could not care in the least what someone of your limited intellect thinks of me.

I guess by how upset you are that you had a hand in creating this mess?

How hard can it be to role the map pool back to what it was? I realize to a moron like yourself it must appear magic but in reality it's probably just a few mouse clicks.

This is what we did...the only difference was we kept several of the addition's that where tryed and tested, and your attitude towards josh or myself isnt acceptable, if it wasnt for his help YR QM would still be in the horrible state it was after Prep's renovation, activity although low decreased even further and the game became incredibly stale. Like Josh stated, you where not around to see this, so If you cant have a civil discussion regarding the map choice's you are of no use to help, so unless you are going to comment with reason or valuable input please do not. Further arguements in this topic will not be permitted.

Thank's for your support Josh but try not to get so riled up and be so abusive.

Also

Stay on topic.

#65 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

This is what we did...the only difference was we kept several of the addition's that where tryed and tested, and your attitude towards josh or myself isnt acceptable, if it wasnt for his help YR QM would still be in the horrible state it was after Prep's renovation, activity although low decreased even further and the game became incredibly stale. Like Josh stated, you where not around to see this, so If you cant have a civil discussion regarding the map choice's you are of no use to help, so unless you are going to comment with reason or valuable input please do not. Further arguements in this topic will not be permitted.

Thank's for your support Josh but try not to get so riled up and be so abusive.

Also

Stay on topic

Ok Zig you and the other guy are right I did leave qm play around the time prep took over and it sounds like I do owe you both a big thanks for reversing some of the mess he created.

On topic, are dune and Blood back in qm (I know you said they were but not played them yet)?

Starting to like some of the new maps but as a disscusion could we start with for svy and avy Malibu cliffs is too big, Tanya's is unfair?

Also Dry heat does belong in qm.

Edited by kickyou73, 14 September 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#66 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Ok Zig you and the other guy are right I did leave qm play around the time prep took over and it sounds like I do owe you both a big thanks for reversing some of the mess he created.

On topic, are dune and Blood back in qm (I know you said they were but not played them yet)?

i

Starting to like some of the new maps but as a disscusion could we start with for svy and avy Malibu cliffs is too big, Tanya's is unfair?

Also Dry heat does belong in qm.

I said they would be i will email olaf today, been rather busy with work, Can you explain in detail your opinion and problems with malibu and Tanya's, as for dry heat depending on the match up i think it will have be discussed and voted upon.

#67 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

I said they would be i will email olaf today, been rather busy with work, Can you explain in detail your opinion and problems with malibu and Tanya's, as for dry heat depending on the match up i think it will have be discussed and voted upon.

Ok Tanya's first, everyone agrees that without dogs or the means to transport engi's around the map getting oils as yuri is very difficult and the cost of defending the oils in power\gat towers or bunkers much higher all make this map maybe the worst possible one for yuri.

Malibu is a really big six player map that seems to keep coming up and although it's harder to make a case for removing it if we had a few 2 player maps (I think it's just hidden valley at the moment) it's still true that the bigger the map the weaker yuri is on it and I think this is the biggest map. We do have other new 6 player maps but this one is a bit extreme and it's not possible to have a "quick match" on.

Thanks

Edited by kickyou73, 16 September 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#68 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I understand your point about Tanya's training Ground, however given the gems in the middle and the ease in which Yuri can take them and then destroy his opponents miner's due to the cliff's, not to mention he will probly get at least 4-5 oils himself and more vs allies, i didnt think it was that bad, when im back we can do some test games sometime if you like, regarding this one and discuss the implication's involved.

Malibu is a big map yes and as you keep stating Yuri is apparently weaker on big map's however its a fair map, personally i think the arguement that Yuri is weaker on big map's is false, yes the intial scout is harder but after that im not sure, i had some really close and good games vs fiko on malibu vs his yuri as both allies and sov's recently

#69 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

I understand your point about Tanya's training Ground, however given the gems in the middle and the ease in which Yuri can take them and then destroy his opponents miner's due to the cliff's, not to mention he will probly get at least 4-5 oils himself and more vs allies, i didnt think it was that bad, when im back we can do some test games sometime if you like, regarding this one and discuss the implication's involved.

Malibu is a big map yes and as you keep stating Yuri is apparently weaker on big map's however its a fair map, personally i think the arguement that Yuri is weaker on big map's is false, yes the intial scout is harder but after that im not sure, i had some really close and good games vs fiko on malibu vs his yuri as both allies and sov's recently

Happy to help test Tanya's if you think it needs testing. Playing here vs France convinced me.

That's fine but if you accept yuri is not weaker on big maps (of which we have many) then it follows he is no stronger on small maps and we don't really have any small maps (i know Dune and Blood are going back). So could we have some 2 player maps instead of 6 player ones?

Edited by kickyou73, 16 September 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#70 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

what big map's do we have? a small map is like dune, blood, hv. medium maps are cs,sahara/dmz  big malibu/heck Yuri has almost 0 big maps :/ 

however what are your suggestion's?

#71 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

what big map's do we have? a small map is like dune, blood, hv. medium maps are cs,sahara/dmz  big malibu/heck Yuri has almost 0 big maps :/ 

however what are your suggestion's?

CS is a cool map but not sure this is svy anymore?

I have many suggestions but I think it would just cause arguements so rather than suggest loads can I suggest one?

How about replacing Malibu with pinch point? It would need play testing but it could be fun?

Edited by kickyou73, 16 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#72 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

CS is a cool map but not sure this is svy anymore?

I have many suggestions but I think it would just cause arguements so rather than suggest loads can I suggest one?

How about replacing Malibu with pinch point? It would need play testing but it could be fun?

Pinch Point for what matchup? Sov Vs Yuri here is going to be a disaster of a map for soviet's, especially if you get left side. CS is All matchup's avaliable, there will be no arguement's only discussion, feel free to suggest as many as you like. You can look at the Current map list here

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177867-proposal-for-changes-to-the-yr-qm/

#73 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Pinch Point for what matchup? Sov Vs Yuri here is going to be a disaster of a map for soviet's, especially if you get left side. CS is All matchup's avaliable, there will be no arguement's only discussion, feel free to suggest as many as you like. You can look at the Current map list here

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177867-proposal-for-changes-to-the-yr-qm/

Thanks Zig but I don't think there is much point. If you would consider what I said regarding Tanya's and remove it then I owe you one and if blood and dune come back then that's great news.

Lets have a few games on Dry heat when you have the time and see how it plays?

#74 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Zig but I don't think there is much point. If you would consider what I said regarding Tanya's and remove it then I owe you one and if blood and dune come back then that's great news.

Lets have a few games on Dry heat when you have the time and see how it plays?

Why is there no point? The more input put into this by all player's will only result in a better outcome that everyone can enjoy. Unfortunatly i see a lot of YR player's reading but never posting here  :( 

(THIS Means you Sturm, tojo, etc!)

#75 oprahskankle

oprahskankle

Corporal

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Dry Heat SvY and AvY is completely balanced and one of the funnest maps on the game, also remove Hammer completely vs Yuri.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users