Photo

Are you a new Player? Introduce yourself!

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#401 GeneralH

GeneralH

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:16 AM

nice to meet u rumblesom,

i have a lot of questions ..

how do i join a clan???

why cant i play ra2 in higher resolutions, without the screen being small (confined to the small center portion of my monitor upon increasing resolution)?

and how do i record a ra2 game ?

#402 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Hi GeneralH

You can create a clan at your game account at http://xwis.net/game-account/ 

Just click on the nick you wish to have the clan with and then create clan. You can also join existing clans but require and invitation from the leader of that clan. Once you have an invite, you can then join that clan also at your game account.

If you have the xwis download version of the game installed you should be able to play up to the highest resolution your monitor supports. If you cannot change the resolution to higher in options go to the ra2.ini in your game directory and manually change the screen height and width there to the resolution you want. If you are still having problems post a topic in the support form explaining your setup (game version, operating system etc.).

There are a number of ways to record a game, there's probably much better people to advise you on this. You could look here for a guide on using hypercam: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171971-hypercam-guide-record-video-replays-of-games/

If you have any further questions contact a member of staff or make a support topic.

Have fun!

#403 GeneralH

GeneralH

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

Hi GeneralH

You can create a clan at your game account at http://xwis.net/game-account/ 

Just click on the nick you wish to have the clan with and then create clan. You can also join existing clans but require and invitation from the leader of that clan. Once you have an invite, you can then join that clan also at your game account.

If you have the xwis download version of the game installed you should be able to play up to the highest resolution your monitor supports. If you cannot change the resolution to higher in options go to the ra2.ini in your game directory and manually change the screen height and width there to the resolution you want. If you are still having problems post a topic in the support form explaining your setup (game version, operating system etc.).

There are a number of ways to record a game, there's probably much better people to advise you on this. You could look here for a guide on using hypercam: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171971-hypercam-guide-record-video-replays-of-games/

If you have any further questions contact a member of staff or make a support topic.

Have fun!

thank you hardman for your kind and detailed help..

i got the clan options in game account as u said..

and i changed the resolution in the ra2.ini file in the game directory to a required res..

the game when opened ran in the set res but the game screen is centered to the display and not full screen (stretched fit which i get in 800x600 res).

do u know how to change that so that it runs in full screen

Edited by GeneralH, 14 November 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#404 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

The menu won't be full screen if you use a higher resolution, but when you start playing an actual game, it should be full screen.

#405 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:05 AM

Hai, I'm Chris and I'm a new player. Just thought I'd drop you all a message and ask if theres any TiPS floating around here.

Thanks for any assistance.

#406 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:15 AM

Hi there Chris,

Welcome to Strike Team.

To get the most out of your online experience with us, when booting your game up make sure to use the "Uninstall Red Alert 2" tab first.

Enjoy the forums.

#407 GeneralH

GeneralH

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

The menu won't be full screen if you use a higher resolution, but when you start playing an actual game, it should be full screen.

thank you dsector its just like u said

#408 thet88

thet88

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:56 PM

hi my nick name is jack1188 i am new player from England I am 27 years old

#409 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

welcome!

#410 thet88

thet88

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

i need clan to join

#411 BILLYD

BILLYD

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • XWIS Name: BILLYD

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:32 PM

HEY EVERYONE,

MY NAME IS BILL. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING CC SINCE THE BEGINNING. I LIKE PLAYING EASY GOING GAMES. NOT GAMERS THAT CAN'T TAKE A LOSS. I LIKE PLAYING WITH NEW OR FEW YEAR EXPERIENCED PLAYERS (EXPERIENCED PLAYERS ARE WELCOME) BECAUSE I LOVE HOW CLOSE WE GET AT TIMES WE ARE IN NEED. I LIKE TO DREAM A LITTLE ABOUT OUR TRUE SITUATION WE'RE IN ON THIS PLANET. I TRY TO DEMONSTRATE A CLEAN UP ON CC. SOMETIMES IT WORKS AND SOMETIMES NOT. AFTER ALL, I KNOW I'LL NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO BECOME SOMEONE POWERFUL BUT, A GOOD PERSON POWERFUL, ON THIS PLANET. SO, I LOVE DEMONSTRATING ON CC. IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TO LIVE OUT A LITTLE WITHIN MYSELF. ALL WELCOME, AND IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO DOES GREAT BY OTHERS, THEN WE'RE GOOD TO GO. 

PS: I'll join you all after i figure out why windows 10 freezes when i play on my own or on line. I'll see you all in a year.

BILL D.

#412 Praxis

Praxis

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

Hello

My name is Jose. My nickname is Praxis. Im from Peru xD

#413 T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

Mladhiy Serzhant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • XWIS Name: Stingox

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

Hello

My name is Jose. My nickname is Praxis. Im from Peru xD

Hello, welcome on XWIS forums!

#414 Se7ven

Se7ven

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:48 AM

Good evening , my name is Felix I'm from Germany but currently, I'm living in America . My nick is Se7ven and I just started playing ra2 .

#415 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:41 AM

Gl Hf :)

#416 IronFe

IronFe

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • XWIS Name: None

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:30 AM

Hello. I'm James. I'm from the United States. :bye1:  I'm not really a new player, but I'll probably play like one, as I have not been on here in YEARS. I've owned Ra2/Yuri's revenge for about 15 years, but I haven't played since like 2011. Some of my old nicks I can remember atm are XiStEnCeZ, IronFe, iWiN4TanX. There are many many more that aren't coming to me right now. I also used to be on the old Ra2 forum Chat-Stars where I was on the graphics team.

Anyway, it would be nice to play with some of you guys/gals. There are a lot of familiar names I'm seeing here.

#417 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:05 AM

Welcome back :)

#418 alibulala

alibulala

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

Hi. my names is Alex ,I am male age 27 from Romania .if anyone needs a medium player to play with i am here.

#419 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

Join my clan?

#420 Peavey

Peavey

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

Hey guys :bye1:

let me introduce myself.

I am Matt from Slovakia, 22 years old, studying IT security in Czech Republic.

I have played this game for a long time, but never online, so this is my bare attempt to not suck at something. Considering playing, I prefer Iraq or Korea.

If you have any good tips&tricks for better gameplay, I'd really appretiate. Now I just watch Brian Vahey on youtube and that's about it. I need to work on my micro, because it kinda sucks (although I have 70% winrate on Meepo in Dota2).

I'm known under nicks Peavey, Mirage or Tigro (depending on mood, I guess)

#421 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

hi there, welcome :)

#422 xantaf

xantaf

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • XWIS Name: xantaf

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

Hello! I'm xantaf, real name Roni, from Finland. Purhcased the original Command & Conquer back in the days 1995 and been C&C fan ever since. Played every game except Generals and newer, those I never got into. Red Alert II Yuri's Revenge is my favourite (and RA2 general) but I still play the first C&C from time to time.

Glad to see community is going strong! Just tried XWIS online for the first time and I have to say I'm a bit rusty... lost both games.

Btw, got RA2 with XWIS to work on Mac OS X Sierra as .app (Wineskin Winery). Works perfectly well, except you can't alt/cmd+tab otherwise game may crash (sorry for the last game, was too stupid to misclick and try that..... my bad!)

So, hello and see you in game!

#423 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

hi commander! welcome to XWIS

#424 JonasAKAFaze

JonasAKAFaze

The BH Master