#1 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hello!

Me and my friends bought C&C Collection Edition ( the one with all games in one ) and wanted to play online. But when my friend joined it said "Someone with that serial is already in the game" (?!).. We have bought the game from Origin and we have been asking around and many people say "Change CD key", well, how? They showed us some tutorial but i couldn't find the folders they were talking about. I sat for hours..

But then i realized, we had a diffrent setup then others since we use Origin. So now i'm asking, how am i possible to change CD key? I would love to be able to play with my friends.

And I have another question, how to i add people to my friendlist? I clicked "Add friend" and wrote my friend name and it just stood "Xxxx Offline". I told him to add me too but still it stands on offline.

And one more thing, how do i use mods on RA 3? It showed me to use -ui in the shortcut and i've been trying everything but still doesn't work.. I'm actually consider to shit on Origin and keep using steam, Steam was easier and funnier to use.

Thank you in advice!

// Bonne_Swe

Edited by BonneTheSwe, 31 October 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#2 K3vin

K3vin

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • XWIS Name: K3viN09

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hello!

Me and my friends bought C&C Collection Edition ( the one with all games in one ) and wanted to play online. But when my friend joined it said "Someone with that serial is already in the game" (?!).. We have bought the game from Origin and we have been asking around and many people say "Change CD key", well, how? They showed us some tutorial but i couldn't find the folders they were talking about. I sat for hours..

But then i realized, we had a diffrent setup then others since we use Origin. So now i'm asking, how am i possible to change CD key? I would love to be able to play with my friends.

And I have another question, how to i add people to my friendlist? I clicked "Add friend" and wrote my friend name and it just stood "Xxxx Offline". I told him to add me too but still it stands on offline.

And one more thing, how do i use mods on RA 3? It showed me to use -ui in the shortcut and i've been trying everything but still doesn't work.. I'm actually consider to shit on Origin and keep using steam, Steam was easier and funnier to use.

Thank you in advice!

// Bonne_Swe

Only 1 serial number is allowed online at the same time , therefore you need to buy another game/serial to go online at the same time.
You cant change serials unless you have 2 serials

#3 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Only 1 serial number is allowed online at the same time , therefore you need to buy another game/serial to go online at the same time.

That isn't even true is it? I'm pretty sure two nicks off the same serial can be online at the same time.

#4 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Well, we all bought the game. I didnt buy one and we used the same, they bought the game for themself. We're 3 people, we bought it 3 times.

#5 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hello!

Thank you in advice!

// Bonne_Swe

Go to www.xwis.net/game-account/ and register your serial number there. Did you do this? Once you have done this your friends list should work.

#6 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Go to www.xwis.net/game-account/ and register your serial number there. Did you do this? Once you have done this your friends list should work.

Yes, i've done that. That's why i was able to reach to the internet, before i couldn't even use it.

Friendlist doesn't work, my friend used it too.

#7 K3vin

K3vin

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • XWIS Name: K3viN09

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

That isn't even true is it? I'm pretty sure two nicks off the same serial can be online at the same time.

Well 3 years back i couldnt get online with the same serial. Tried it and when you logged on , the other person on that serial would get kicked off the server.
Thats how it was , saying that it was 3 years back

#8 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

What game are we talking about?

#9 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

What game are we talking about?

I'm so sorry, realized now that i've forgot what games we're talking about. Red Alert 2 Yuri is the game, except the question about how to use mods - that's about Red alert 3.

#10 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Did you get that serial in use error when on XWIS? It might occur on LAN, but shouldn't occur on XWIS.

#11 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Did you get that serial in use error when on XWIS? It might occur on LAN, but shouldn't occur on XWIS.

Sorry for late answer, had to sleep and get to job - back now.

On LAN it showed, on internet we couldn't add eachoter and my friend couldn't find my game when i created one, nor could i see his game.

#12 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yea they can, Alywas been able to.

#13 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Bump.. I could really need some help

#14 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Can you and your friend play internet games with others?

#15 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Can you and your friend play internet games with others?

It seems so for my friend, i'm trying but it just stand that the game is closed.

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Is that the exact error message? What if you try to play with other people?

#17 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

IT WORKS!

We realized what it was, we had Tuungle on while we're on the Xwis servers, that made us have the same serial and fucked it up. I may be wrong but i couldn't care now since it works! Haha

Thank you guys so much, have a good day!

Is that the exact error message? What if you try to play with other people?

Well, we fixed that - as i wrote above this.

Now we have another problem.. We join the lobby and chose everything and we're off. So it starts, but the first thing i see is black, my friend is stuck on seing his starting stuff but can't do anything. So we swapped and let him host, happened again with the same results.. Any suggestions? We have tryed with same resolution and ports doesn't seem to be the problem since i have straight into the wall.

My friend says he see that the server has over 1000 in MS, but when he's in my lobby he has 30MS.

We're playing Yuri's and we just get the "Waiting for player to connect"..

Edited by BonneTheSwe, 06 November 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#18 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/173802-frequently-asked-questions/

Remove the Lan Patch file from your Game Directory 'wsock32.dll'. Typically comes with the TFD 1.03 unofficial patch.

#19 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/173802-frequently-asked-questions/

Bout to try it! Wish me luck!

IT BLOODY WORKS! Thank you so much once again guys!

Edited by BonneTheSwe, 06 November 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#20 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm sorry if i'm here again..

It works perfect for me and my pal but the third friend just get an "Internal Error" when they start the game.. Any solutions?

Thanks once again for all help, i really appriciate your forum and your support to give me ( n00bs ) some help! :)

#21 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

What has he installed, the download from our site? Or TFD, standalone disk, TUC?

#22 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

What has he installed, the download from our site? Or TFD, standalone disk, TUC?

He bought it from the store, same "Speciell" edition with everything but with a CD.

#23 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

If we're referring to the Ultimate Collection, there is no CD. Its a download from Origin.

What is he running, XP? Vista? Win7?

#24 BonneTheSwe

BonneTheSwe

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

If we're referring to the Ultimate Collection, there is no CD. Its a download from Origin.

What is he running, XP? Vista? Win7?

Win7. He got a activiaton key. I thought he got a CD.

Well, he had it via Admin and it worked but we once again got Internal Error...

We're trying by using Admin and he made a shortcut to be able to use Admin rights but he still gets to use Origin - maybe that fucks it up?

Edited by BonneTheSwe, 10 November 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#25 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Go to > C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II and Right Click RA2.exe, and set Compatibly mode for XP. Tick run as admin too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users