Is fixing planes on a depot bannable?

#2 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

abusing a "glitch" but i dunno - only way to repair them ??

#3 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

abusing a "glitch" but i dunno - only way to repair them ??

Yeah, but is it really considered a glitch?

I fix my planes in matches all the time.

#4 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

I believe it is :p

#5 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

I dont think it is? For the same reason alting buildings is bannable.

#6 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

I dont think it is? For the same reason alting buildings is bannable.

this is a quote in another similar topic from riz

Didn't we have this discussion a while ago?

It wouldn't be bannable if it could be proven as we are of the opinion that when you shoot a tank that is on part of a building that the building takes damage too is just part of the game and not some random bug. warfs, refs and depots can all be driven on and it is just common sense that if a tank is sitting on a building but is getting shot to pieces that the building will take damage too. Yes it is lame to do with 1-2 tanks, but the majority of times people post complaining about it, they would have lost the warf even if they had not of alted onto it. Some people say it is unstoppable, other people say you shouldn't just let a tank drive onto it, and if ye do ye deserve to lose the building or ye deserve to have it blocked anyway.

A maphacker who only plays games with crates is also incredibly difficult, nigh on impossible, to prove*. This does not stop us from declaring that maphacking is cheating. What really stops "alting" from being recognised as bug abuse is the fact that it isn't even a bug.

Consider all of the other known bugs that can be abused. What differentiates "alting" from those is that had any further official patches been developed, we can safely assume these bugs would eventually have been removed.

*Please avoid finding yourselves in this scenario! - either make sure you fully trust your opponent or, at the very least, run XGS to be safe Posted Image

heres another quote, but I'm not sure if "fixing planes" qualifies to fit the "alting" description...

#7 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

I ment to say for the same reason alting buildings isnt bannable :p

and yea i remember those discussions. But how do they know that when the game was made it was made with that in mind? i.e you are supposed to be able to do it?

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

I ment to say for the same reason alting buildings isnt bannable :p

and yea i remember those discussions. But how do they know that when the game was made it was made with that in mind? i.e you are supposed to be able to do it?

I guess they don't KNOW, like in Knit's post he said that we can SAFELY assume the other glitches would have been removed, which is like mcv glitch, spy self glitch, etc. those don't even make any sense to have in game, but alting and fixing planes isn't illogical, so they can't dismiss it as readily.

I never considered alting a glitch, only considered it to be LAME, but I certainly DON'T consider FIXING planes lame AT ALL.

#9 PATRIOT15

PATRIOT15

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • XWIS Name: PATR1OT

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

So, if repairing planes not bannable, time to use it.

#10 rick

rick

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

you can repair tanks its a repair depot whats it matter if its a plane or a tank.i see nothing at all wrong with it.

#11 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

So, if repairing planes not bannable, time to use it.

Well, like I said in my initial post; I fix my planes a lot and quite consistently.

you can repair tanks its a repair depot whats it matter if its a plane or a tank.i see nothing at all wrong with it.

I agree completely, however, some people think it is a "bug" or a bannable offense.

#12 rick

rick

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

to me its a repair depot not a tank depot only lol my opinion it shouldnt be bannable and i dont understand why peeps would consider it a bug

#13 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

If it was how you say then the plane would get a land/interact cursor when it's damaged and aimed at the service depot.

BTW I recall seeing a cheat report about it years ago.
I remember seeing a ss of a plane on service depot and a naval yard.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 17 February 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#14 rick

rick

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

never saw one at a naval yard lol. Can a engi in a ifv repair a plane?

#15 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

never saw one at a naval yard lol. Can a engi in a ifv repair a plane?

no, engi ifv cant

#16 Melodyn

Melodyn

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

As far as I know fixing planes on depots whatever sort on land or on naval yards is bannable.

It doesn't seem to be intended that planes are fixable on naval yards. It's too overpowered to just fix planes like that, they heal themselves over time for a reason.

It must have been overlooked, luckily it doesn't cause an internal error like some other things that obviously were overlooked too.

Edited by Melodyn, 17 February 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#17 SpecialDe

SpecialDe

High

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • XWIS Name: EDan

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

allies have that advantage, sovs can have long range dreads and v3s. even imo

#18 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

As far as I know fixing planes on depots whatever sort on land or on naval yards is bannable.

It doesn't seem to be intended that planes are fixable on naval yards. It's too overpowered to just fix planes like that, they heal themselves over time for a reason.

It must have been overlooked, luckily it doesn't cause an internal error like some other things that obviously were overlooked too.

To say it's overpowered isn't fair or accurate, that is like saying fixing tanks is overpowered.... also, it costs money, so why not?

Also, I would agree that fixing planes on a naval yard doesn't seem logical or intended, but as for on a depot......

#19 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

doo it vs me il report and we will see...??

#20 noobLit

noobLit

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm still confused how repairing your unit on your Repair Depot can even come close to be considered a bannable glitch.

#21 Melodyn

Melodyn

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

I'm still confused how repairing your unit on your Repair Depot can even come close to be considered a bannable glitch.

Try getting a plane repaired just as you would get your tank repaired. Maybe that'll unconfuse you.

#22 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

Try getting a plane repaired just as you would get your tank repaired. Maybe that'll unconfuse you.

FACT : it's easier to repair a plane on a naval yard then it is on a repair depot.....
FACT : it is not bannable along with several other "glitches"

#23 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

FACT : it's easier to repair a plane on a naval yard then it is on a repair depot.....
FACT : it is not bannable along with several other "glitches"

Can you direct me to the source as to which you received the latter of the two facts?

#24 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Can you direct me to the source as to which you received the latter of the two facts?

1.) go to skirmish and alt the repair depot and alt the navy yard, see which takes on first click.
2.) after 8 years of s-t i have never witnessed this being banned for, only glitches i ever seen banned where MCV, changing color after opponent accepts, desos on bridge.

#25 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

Well, for one, I can ALWAYS get my plane to "land" on whatever I want, so the first point is inconsequential to me.... I can show you how to do this some time if you don't already know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users