#1 angryNoobLegend

angryNoobLegend

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • XWIS Name: r4ped

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

I am seriosuly banned from red alert 2 for flaming?

Everytime I sign in on red alert 2 i see people flaming and using racial comments. Those people are not banned.

The game is rated for adults. I have every right to flame.

Well goodbye all. GGs'.

It is all over for me.

You guys got what you wanted.

Have a nice life ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye,

The Red Alert 2 Legend

I will miss you all and the ffgs' on heck.

Edited by angryNoobLegend, 14 September 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#2 ILoveKane

ILoveKane

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

yeah I agree it's a complete joke if you have been banned.

As far as I was aware you could only be banned if Olaf catches you flaming red handed.

If this is the way it's going then expect a load of people to get banned by others, you will probably even get others deliberately provoking others to flame so they can get them banned.

Yet another way to kill the activity on the game.

Bravo,

#3 angryNoobLegend

angryNoobLegend

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • XWIS Name: r4ped

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:02 AM

There are players flaming in lobby everyday all day.

For some reason they decided to target me and ban me.

I am very sad. I love red alert.

I just do not understand why other people are not getting banned.

I learned that life can be unfair at times.

I will miss everyone.

Goodbye Olaf and the Red Alert 2 Universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBRbtAnbVM

#4 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

i lol'ed when i saw this.

#5 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

terrible attitude and always scared to play. good hes gone.

#6 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

werent u banned for same reason mikoz ?

#7 Knit

Knit

Former Strike Team Analyser/Admin

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3712 posts
  • XWIS Name: Knit

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

I am seriosuly banned from red alert 2 for flaming?

I advised you over a year ago to hold back on the trash-talk because I knew this would happen sooner or later. You repeatedly ignored my wise words and now feel the consequences. This is completely your own fault.

Good riddance, to be honest.

#8 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

There are players flaming in lobby everyday all day. So you are allowed to act like an idiot?

For some reason they decided to target me and ban me Target you....you mean report you. For years you have instigated and provoked others,. So I think you brought this upon yourself. Don't paint yourself as being unjustly treated.

I am very sad. I love red alert. -----I won't miss you. One less engineer rusher.

I just do not understand why other people are not getting banned. Perhaps rather that flaming you should have taken some screen shots, to show your case

I learned that life can be unfair at times. I don't think your case here qualifies as unfair.

I will miss everyone. haven't you threatened to leave before?

#9 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

Dude I've been banned for flaming too and I'm honestly surprized it doesn't happen more. The entire fair play forum is filled with screen shots of flaming and there are probably 100s if not 1000 times more episodes of flaming than what is posted. I personally enjoy the flaming; it is good comic relief for the most part. Its the same players who flame and I know them as "du auffe" guy or "banned" guy or"another cheat" guy and then there are the idiot kids(like yourself) who use bad words referencing mothers and genitalia :) Some people probably take offence to this and I have no problem with Olaf's policy but I still think its funny :p

If you want to meet up in Chi town for some LAN FFG strip RA2 I am all for it :) Enjoy you ban :)

#10 ILoveKane

ILoveKane

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:54 AM

I advised you over a year ago to hold back on the trash-talk because I knew this would happen sooner or later. You repeatedly ignored my wise words and now feel the consequences. This is completely your own fault.

Good riddance, to be honest.

Are you serious? I would expect more common sense from a so-called "admin".

If you are going to ban one person for flaming based on a screenshot (and not from olaf) then you better be prepared to ban about almost all of the community, because everybody flames at some point.

Either ban all or ban none, you can't have one rule for one person and another for others.

Typical double standards from strike-team, no wonder so many people have left.

#11 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:18 AM

Yes, I agree. Someone who occasionally cusses at their friend or the occasional person should suffer the same consequences as a person who consistently abuses and flames every player in the game after ignoring numerous warnings.

*Note the sarcasm in the above post*

#12 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

constant repeat offender....I think that would be the difference. And I don't know where you think most people flame, generally there are only a few that actually 'hang out' in the lobby, or in game, it's almost always the same 5 players who cry about being cheated, or brent, but even brent's gotten better as of lately.

Most, when warned, actually take heed to the warnings, this one does not.

It's not a double standartd.

Common sense would mean that you fog. When you make self incriminating statements, like "it takes a fogger to catch a fogger," implies you fog.

#13 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

ha well i do have to say this guy has been flamming a lot recently in the lobby even saying he wanted to "kill" some people...lol im glad hes gone.

#14 Jev

Jev

Captain

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

Swearing/flaming takes place every second of the day and in general it isn't acceptable, BUT S**T happens.
I guess that what has to be taken into account is that minors also play this GAME and there should, rightly, be some form of policing, as is done.
HOWEVER
What isn't acceptable is that Olaf will ban someone immediately for a single swear word, yet it will take weeks for a ban to be imposed for cheating. Thats when there is 100% evidence of the cheat having taken place, yet not a single piece of evidence from Olaf to show why the ban for flaming/swearing/abuse takes place.
NOT ACCEPTABLE, but because Olaf has the ability to "PUSH THE BAN BUTTON", Olaf will. And what can we do about it ?????? SWEET FA

Edited by yemanitsme, 15 September 2011 - 06:49 AM.

#15 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

Swearing/flaming takes place every second of the day and in general it isn't acceptable, BUT S**T happens.
I guess that what has to be taken into account is that minors also play this GAME and there should, rightly, be some form of policing, as is done.
HOWEVER
What isn't acceptable is that Olaf will ban someone immediately for a single swear word, yet it will take weeks for a ban to be imposed for cheating. Thats when there is 100% evidence of the cheat having taken place, yet not a single piece of evidence from Olaf to show why the ban for flaming/swearing/abuse takes place.
NOT ACCEPTABLE, but because Olaf has the ability to "PUSH THE BAN BUTTON", Olaf will. And what can we do about it ?????? SWEET FA

Word!

#16 americapwnnnn

americapwnnnn

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

good for you.

#17 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

banned for flaming? is this a joke?

#18 ImJordan

ImJordan

The Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

I can believe it not much on the banning of a game that is dead but i always thought he should have gotten some 5 day ban to shut him up. don't know how he is now but he used to talk a lot of mess. Personally at that time I would do games with him I wish they would have just chat banned him indefinitely that's when he was talking all that ish.

#19 Knit

Knit

Former Strike Team Analyser/Admin

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3712 posts
  • XWIS Name: Knit

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

If you are going to ban one person for flaming based on a screenshot (and not from olaf) then you better be prepared to ban about almost all of the community, because everybody flames at some point.

Either ban all or ban none, you can't have one rule for one person and another for others.

You actually don't think we realise that a "ban all" policy would result in almost the entire community being banned? Nobody wants that.
However, allowing such bad language to flow freely would be widely unacceptable. Nobody wants that either.

Do you see that neither of your proposed solutions work? Do you even know what Olaf is trying to achieve?

#20 MiLu

MiLu

NiceGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • XWIS Name: M1Lu

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

means exactly the right made ​​by the typical fair play not only did not cheat, etc. but also normal to communicate with each other in play and in the lobby.

tanks olaf.

should all think here that this is too hard, I must unfortunately say that looking at the screens I posted. something you can not let you put up could certainly still go to court should consider something before you even once. this should be ilegal no matter which server you will find if XWIS ea or blizzard, I think this is exactly the reaction of the admins are right to make the players clearly understand where the boundaries that you never forget. Moreover, the rules are also clear versöße XWIS against.

is true at some point everyone flamed times but something like the types I have in 10 years to play ra2 never known why I was so excited about it, they understand me, the writing is such a thing in the lobby and 150 players online since grade. something you have to clarify publicly that really necessary.

I am very sad. I love red alert. -----I won't miss you. One less engineer rusher.

I like this the most memorable as they.

but let this not be so forgotten.

there are enough of them on youtube.

@ angrynooblegend
try it once with my tip as a new chess game is supposed to be strategy.

Edited by MiLu, 15 September 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#21 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

You actually don't think we realise that a "ban all" policy would result in almost the entire community being banned? Nobody wants that.
However, allowing such bad language to flow freely would be widely unacceptable. Nobody wants that either.

Do you see that neither of your proposed solutions work? Do you even know what Olaf is trying to achieve?

why angryNoob though?
why not just chat ban him permanently?
i thought any punishment system has to have blind justice.. or does this not go with xwis?

#22 killjake2

killjake2

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

A long chat-ban, say 180 days or maybe even 360 sounds much more reasonable to me but that is my 2 cents.

#23 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

Saw that Olaf was here, but no response? Dont get that. Here we have alot of qustions and hes just ignoring it?

#24 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

Saw that Olaf was here, but no response? Dont get that. Here we have alot of qustions and hes just ignoring it?

It is his server and he is doing us all a favor by letting us play here. I don't know what he gains personally from supporting RA2 but I doubt its very much. And the whole inconsistent admin enforcement of policy you guys are talking about happens in the real world too. Plenty of people speed when driving but you only get a punishment if a police officer catches you. Its the same thing with flaming on XWIS, you don't get a punishment unless an admin catches you. Just like the real world though, the more you flame the better chance there is you will be caught and angrynoob flames 99% of the time so at some point he was bound to run into a flaming ban.

#25 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

It is his server and he is doing us all a favor by letting us play here. I don't know what he gains personally from supporting RA2 but I doubt its very much. And the whole inconsistent admin enforcement of policy you guys are talking about happens in the real world too. Plenty of people speed when driving but you only get a punishment if a police officer catches you. Its the same thing with flaming on XWIS, you don't get a punishment unless an admin catches you. Just like the real world though, the more you flame the better chance there is you will be caught and angrynoob flames 99% of the time so at some point he was bound to run into a flaming ban.

no, its not the same as speeding
you speed = you risk being fined
you flame on ra2 = nothing, unless you're angryNoob, well then they just ban you -.-
by the way, correct punctuation and 13 year old logic doesnt go well together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users