25 replies to this topic

#1 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

who better than people who don't play, never played, and never care to play the game to run things and make all the decisions?

how does this make sense?

how about I run the ra2 here since I can't tell you a single thing about it.

#2 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11381 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

nvm

Edited by thomas338, 03 July 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#3 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

who better than people who don't play, never played, and never care to play the game to run things and make all the decisions?

Post 7 http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164220-a-few-questions-for-olaf-about-ts-on-xwis/

#4 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

shows exactly my point?

strike-team is the problem not the players.

you say one thing attach link, and hope things just go away...

Edited by chrismlawrence, 03 July 2010 - 08:04 PM.

#5 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

neogrant, even if we was to get an active, cheat free moderator for tiberian sun, do you really think it would benefit us anyway?

its undeniable that olaf favours ra2 because its a game he enjoys playing, he has just ruined the clan system for us, killing many old clans.. and it seems nothing is going to be done about it because he has not answered, nor has anyone else answered about the clan control panel questions i posed to you guys

#6 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

For the time being, lets just create new clans and work with the CP. The old clans would be nice to have control over as i dont have control on my clan as well. Maybe olaf can help us obtain some of our old "serials" if we give him the login or clan with some type of proof its ours.

#7 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

whatever you guys can keep coming back here begging for things to be done and being lied to then criticized harshly for complaining when it's certainly within your rights to complain when people have a job and cannot do it.

this effects us and not you so it's not your problem because you don't play ts (THIS IS STRIKE-TEAMS STANCE ON THE MATTER)

we tried to get a ts mod but you guys WILL NOT DO ANYTHING

let me ask you something, when someone can't do a job they are there for what happens to them?

Edited by chrismlawrence, 03 July 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#8 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

unfortunately diego since they own the server they can do whatever they like unless you can find conditions which striketeam agreed to when ea handed over c&c to them that say they had to support it. i agree with you but this situation is so old and redundant its hardly news to expect them to do anything to boost the activity level of a game they know nothing about or care to. this seems to be reminiscent of the whole story of harry potter actually where his parents die and the kid gets handed over to the fat abusive ****.

#9 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

MOAR IGNORANCE PLZZZzzz

#10 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

MOAR IGNORANCE PLZZZzzz

What did you expect from this ''should be renamed'' section. :p

#11 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

explain fully gyroscopic so people understand what you are trying to say.

who, where, why

thanks

Edited by chrismlawrence, 04 July 2010 - 12:48 AM.

#12 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

explain fully gyroscopic so people understand what you are trying to say.

who, where, why

thanks

What good is me trying to help you when you cannot help yourself? Grant posted a link which pretty much answers YOUR problem and yet you pass it off as 'strike-team is the problem not the players'. Indeed, it is much more a case of the players being in the wrong in this case. Seriously, how thick/ignorant/arrogant are you?

I'm going to assume that English is not your first language, but that is no excuse for the complete lack of awareness you display here.

Orochi's post starts well but degrades into ignorant ranting.

:yawn:

#13 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

You TS people are stupid... Learn to read

#14 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

Stay on topic, any forum trolls looking to demoralize the topic please stop and help contribute.

Gyroscopic, you been warned before and you should stop derailing topics with your antics. Stop harrasing others with your "english lessons".

We will make a seperate topic putting forth 3 tiberian sun players from the community to take part in this role. Hopfully this give us a great start and good relationship with ST.

Thanks Olaf and Staff for your efforts so far.

Edited by hefeweize, 04 July 2010 - 05:19 AM.

#15 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

What is it you're trying to do anyway?

This topic seems completely pointless to me.

#16 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

Go post among your community and come up with a list of 3 people you can put forward for the job that we can vet, these people have to have zero cheating, hacking and civil disobedience history.

They have to be able to show us they have the understanding of the guidelines that EA have set down for us to follow in marking reports proven and trusted to act accordingly regardless of personal prejudices or feelings.

They would be taking on a predetermined role, not coming on board to make changes, purely to analyze reports and make sure each one thats marked proven has no spam and all the information and explanation of the cheat needed for an admin to issue the ban/points return and no more.

#17 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

This is really starting to get on my nerves now. Why is it whenever a TS player says something on here, a load of RA2 fanboys have to come on here and derail the topic with completely irrelevant drivel to help the incompetant ST mods try and deflect criticism from themselves?

Just to clarify here for those of you incapable of decyphering the OP's point:

This is a fair question and has always been the main gripe ts players have with ST. That being that ST DON'T UNDERSTAND OR CARE ABOUT TS.

ST solution? To ask us to put forward a cheat mod knowing cheaters can't really be properly banned anyway. What, might I ask, has a cheat 'mod' got to do with fixing the clan ladder? Perhaps one of you ra2 fanboys could answer this question for me as you all seem to be so far and away intellectually superior to everyone in the ts section?

This exact point is made by ThePopeofTS:

neogrant, even if we was to get an active, cheat free moderator for tiberian sun, do you really think it would benefit us anyway?

its undeniable that olaf favours ra2 because its a game he enjoys playing, he has just ruined the clan system for us, killing many old clans.. and it seems nothing is going to be done about it because he has not answered, nor has anyone else answered about the clan control panel questions i posed to you guys

How is a cheat moderator going to help anything when ST don't actually listen to the requests of the community?

Again, here is the problem:

whatever you guys can keep coming back here begging for things to be done and being lied to then criticized harshly for complaining when it's certainly within your rights to complain when people have a job and cannot do it.
this effects us and not you so it's not your problem because you don't play ts (THIS IS STRIKE-TEAMS STANCE ON THE MATTER)

we tried to get a ts mod but you guys WILL NOT DO ANYTHING

Right, so we've established what the problem is, so out of nowhere along comes another unhelpful ra2 fanboy who can't seem to interpret an argument and decides instead to throw his own irrelevant point into the mix:

What good is me trying to help you when you cannot help yourself? Grant posted a link which pretty much answers YOUR problem and yet you pass it off as 'strike-team is the problem not the players'. Indeed, it is much more a case of the players being in the wrong in this case. Seriously, how thick/ignorant/arrogant are you?

Another case I'm afraid of someone having absolutely no clue as to what's going on just talking for talking's sake. Grant's post is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO THE POINT BEING MADE. How is this not obvious? BlueBala, if you have nothing useful to say, please don't say it here. Your posts totally miss the point. You're just making yourself look stupid. TYVM.

#18 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Firstly, it has nothing to do with being 'RA2 players'. Personally, I am sick of every other topic made by a TS player being a complaint going on about how they have it bad and then blaming Strike-team because they are too arrogant/lazy to fix the problems that their input could rectify. There are countless topics asking for reasons, and yet we still get new threads crying about the same topics (i.e unspecified issues about general areas of TS--'teh clan system is broken, you are doing an awful job').

Another case I'm afraid of someone having absolutely no clue as to what's going on just talking for talking's sake. Grant's post is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO THE POINT BEING MADE. How is this not obvious? BlueBala, if you have nothing useful to say, please don't say it here. Your posts totally miss the point. You're just making yourself look stupid. TYVM.

Why do TS players assume that they the worst of it when they make ZERO effort to actually explain what is going wrong on TS (in fact the topic maker it seems has made a mirror topic of this where he was prompted for information and refused to give it). Why when Olaf specifically asked for details is the answer something like 'you don't understand' rather than an explanation? You all cry about others' lack of understanding and yet none of you seem willing to actually explain the problems in any detail (and while we're on the subject, "Olaf you have ruined the clan system" does not constitute as going into detail).

And then finally, when someone works up the ability to list the problems faced by TS players (to paraphrase):
-Cheating
-Nothing for winning the ladder
-Several logins

the issues are all problems that are either unsolvable (as dictated by EA giving the game away for free) or are solved BY A CHEAT MOD, something that TS players seem to have lost interest in. If you want things to happen, you at least have to try and make them happen.

tl;dr: stop ignorantly complaining about things that rest solely in EA's control, try to change the things you actually can and for a second, try and look at it from the other side, the side that is being blamed for not understanding what 'you broke an (unspecified) aspect of TS, fix it' means.

Stay on topic, any forum trolls looking to demoralize the topic please stop and help contribute.

Gyroscopic, you been warned before and you should stop derailing topics with your antics. Stop harrasing others with your "english lessons".

Stop trolling my posts, I did not make reference to you, even though I see you found a way to miss the point AND make it all about yourself (again). And by 'warned' I assume you mean 'warned by you for proving you to be a hypocritical buffoon?' (rhetorical question btw). Bored of you I really am.

Edited by Gyroscopic, 04 July 2010 - 11:38 AM.

#19 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

it does have nothing to do with ra2 players you are exactly right.

tiberian sun has been around for 10+ years and you are going to say you know what is going on because you went in the ts section on strike-team and read 2 topics.

the same thing has been argued for months now and nothing gets done. I don't have admin privileges here nor server access

I fail to see how this is my fault or the tiberian sun gaming communities.

Edited by chrismlawrence, 04 July 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#20 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Post 7 http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164220-a-few-questions-for-olaf-about-ts-on-xwis/

Let me fix that for you.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164220-a-few-questions-for-olaf-about-ts-on-xwis/page__view__findpost__p__1407061

There, isn't that better ?

@Gyroscopic.
Let me explain something to you.
If the tables were reversed, and this was a TS based forum, where everyone played TS, and only recently opened a TS forum 5 years after the transfer, without a TS moderator, and with virtually no support, you would have 2 choices.

choice 1. leave the game.
choice 2. harp on about how we have been let down by the people at WW, EA, and ST, because there is no support for RA2.
choice 3. do something about it.

I have been doing something about it for the last 8 years, since WW closed the chat on TS... and this is the reason I don't want to put myself for TS moderator.... because I've been the TS moderator for the last 11 years.

So... put yourself in our shoes... think really hard... and consider how you would feel if RA2 was no longer being supported.... and then, you'll have an inkling of how we feel, why we get frustrated, and why other groups from other games don't understand our position.... the position of feeling shut down.

#21 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

Go post among your community and come up with a list of 3 people you can put forward for the job that we can vet, these people have to have zero cheating, hacking and civil disobedience history.

They have to be able to show us they have the understanding of the guidelines that EA have set down for us to follow in marking reports proven and trusted to act accordingly regardless of personal prejudices or feelings.

They would be taking on a predetermined role, not coming on board to make changes, purely to analyze reports and make sure each one thats marked proven has no spam and all the information and explanation of the cheat needed for an admin to issue the ban/points return and no more.

We are sorting this out.

Thanks for the unneeded reminder.

#22 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

So... put yourself in our shoes... think really hard... and consider how you would feel if RA2 was no longer being supported.... and then, you'll have an inkling of how we feel, why we get frustrated, and why other groups from other games don't understand our position.... the position of feeling shut down.

And this is the problem with TS players: you all think that RA2 'has it good'. Seriously, aside from the fact that TS has a little less support (something that has as much to do with the players than anything--i.e lack of TS cheat reports admin) and is now freeware, we are all pretty much in the same boat.

Anyhow:

@Gyroscopic.
Let me explain something to you.
If the tables were reversed, and this was a TS based forum, where everyone played TS, and only recently opened a RA2 forum 5 years after the transfer, without a RA2 moderator, and with virtually no support, you would have 3 choices.

choice 1. leave the game.
choice 2. harp on about how we have been let down by the people at WW, EA, and ST, because there is no support for RA2[/do nothing]
choice 3. do something about it.

You said it yourself. These are the three choices available to TS players. Ignoring option 1 (for obvious reasons) there are two options.

Choice 2 gets you nowhere is has not, and will not achieve anything. Complaining will not make EA do anything, it will not produce an admin for TS and it will not make anyone want to help the future of TS out. Indeed, complaining only serves to annoy those who are in positions to do anything for you and, ****es off all the other forum users who eventually get bored of all the (in most cases unjustified) moaning.

On the other hand, there is choice 3. Choice 3 potentially helps to fix the problems faced by TS players. Unfortunately, choice 3 requires others to put some effort in, in this case actually making the effort to explain the problems that need fixing (i'e problems that can only be fixed by--for example--Olaf such as server issues) OR getting someone in a position to moderate TS.

And this is the problem that the TS community is faced with. Instead of helping yourselves, you would rather do nothing, shun the help that has been offered and complain. You can't blame others when you have only yourselves to blame.

I have been doing something about it for the last 8 years, since WW closed the chat on TS... and this is the reason I don't want to put myself for TS moderator.... because I've been the TS moderator for the last 11 years.

Yes, and while I can see where you in particular are coming from, it is still not an excuse and does not give you the right to complain; if you are in the situation where you can help but choose not (for whatever reason(s)) to then you cannot blame anyone else as you are part of the problem.

#23 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

I might need assistance reading Gyroscopics posts as they give me a headache for some reason lol!

Back on topic.

We are currently in the process of setting up this cheat mod and putting up 3 valid members established by the community.

#24 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Yes, and while I can see where you in particular are coming from, it is still not an excuse and does not give you the right to complain; if you are in the situation where you can help but choose not (for whatever reason(s)) to then you cannot blame anyone else as you are part of the problem.

I understand what you're saying... but I ask you this... if I do put myself forward for TS moderator...
- who runs gamerwarzone ?
- am I expected to run gwz, and do the TS mod job at the same time ?
- will running gwz, and doing the TS mod job become a conflict of interests ?
- how will I handle a situation if I ban a cheater from TS, and the cheater is a poster on gwz ?

These are questions I will have to think about, and partly the reason I haven't put myself forward, especially since I don't know what EAs guidelines are for XWIS staff.

#25 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

I understand what you're saying... but I ask you this... if I do put myself forward for TS moderator...
- who runs gamerwarzone ?
- am I expected to run gwz, and do the TS mod job at the same time ?
- will running gwz, and doing the TS mod job become a conflict of interests ?
- how will I handle a situation if I ban a cheater from TS, and the cheater is a poster on gwz ?

These are questions I will have to think about, and partly the reason I haven't put myself forward, especially since I don't know what EAs guidelines are for XWIS staff.

You will work for strike-team and being a s-t moderator you can't support cheaters. With that said, I don't think you should worry about the people in gwz.

It's better to work for s-t because you will give support for the game you love playing, and I do think you will be able to run both but if you don't think you can stick to one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users