12 replies to this topic

#1 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

Having Trouble Getting Online To The Tiberian Sun Servers?
1) Ensure you have a working internet connection on the computer Tiberian Sun is installed on.
2) Ensure a firewall, (including the windows firewall) isn't blocking Tiberian Sun from accessing the internet.
3) If you are still unable to get online, try reinstalling Tiberian Sun using THIS improved installer version .
4) Once reinstalled, enter the nickname and password you desire into the appropriate fields, and click OK, you do not need to register one.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Having Connection Issues Loading With Other Players When Games Are Launched?
If you are able to get online to the Tiberian Sun server,
but failing to load with other players when a game is launched, you may need to need to forward the ports on your router.
In order to do this, you will need to do the following:

1) Identify the make, and model of your router.
2) Visit THIS SITE, and select your router from the list, then click the link in the top right to skip the advert.
3) Now select, "Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun" from the list, and follow the step by step instructions for your router.

Basically you will need to add the ports that Tiberian Sun uses (listed below) to the DMZ, or port forwarding page in the control panel of your router:

Tiberian Sun uses the following Ports:
TCP Ports: 3840, 4005, 4808, 4810, 4995, 7000-7002
UDP Ports: 1234-1237, 4000, 5400

By forwarding these ports, or adding them to the DMZ, any connection issues you are causing will be resolved, however, if you are still having difficulty connecting to a particular player,
it may be them that needs to forward their ports, so give them the link to this page.
If your router is not listed on the site linked above, try choosing one of the same brand from the list, with the closest model number to yours, the instructions will likely be very similar.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Getting Internal Errors During Games?
If Tiberian Sun often crashes as a result of an "Internal Error" during a game, you will need to do the following:

For Windows XP:
1) Click "Start"
2) Click "Run" and type in "dxdiag", then press Enter.
3) Click the display tab, and then DISABLE Direct Draw.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 20 April 2010 - 05:43 PM.

#2 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

Please cite your source for all these ports.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1166 has all TS ports as follows:

Tiberian Sun 1140 - 1234 and 4000

Also, make sure you add Tiberian Sun to your firewall exceptions list too.

#3 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

Thank you for making this, this helps out a lot of players, including BlueGTS :)

#4 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

Pinned, thank you.

#5 DarthSidious

DarthSidious

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hello !

I can't find my modem/router in the list. I got a Thompson TG712...so what should I do in that case ?

I have also downloaded the Tiberium Sun from EA for free, but whatever I try I can't get the game online no matter what.

I'm still a rookie player, although I've worked myself through the campaign missions, but you guys are will definily kick my butt ingame. That doesn't keep me from trying...

I want to get the feeling of playing this game online, just like in the old days with C&C95 !

Thnxsss !

Edited by DarthSidious, 19 April 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#6 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hey dude, welcome back!

With your connection issues:
first thing is to check that a firewall isnt blocking TS from accessing the net.
if its not, then you can try reinstalling TS using THIS version.
Its an improved installation package that installs the internet components automatically for you, the EA one doesnt.
I dont think your issue is with blocked ports.

If you want some tips for online playing. you can check out THIS thread , for some helpful and fun build orders to try online.

Let me know how you get on.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 19 April 2010 - 03:17 PM.

#7 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/168869-ports-for-tiberian-sun/page__view__findpost__p__1447018

Nice Link Neo, but I would not trust those ports listed by Bettz on the thread you linked to. As White Tib asked and was never answered, Bettz never did site his source for the ports he gave and two other reputable sites both list different ports for Tiberian Sun. Not sure what Bettz or Strike Team is up to, but that post should be edited to display the correct ports so people do not open unnecessary ports which could be a security issue.

Pete, please see below for the correct ports to forward.

Tiberian Sun:
TCP Ports 1140-1234, 4000
UDP Ports 1140-1234, 4000

Source: PortForward.com
http://portforward.com/cports.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiberian Sun:
Port Numbers 1140 - 1234, 4000

Source: NetGear
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1166

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your router has a DMZ option, that can also be used, but it is not as secure as forwarding the correct ports.
Also, make sure you add Tiberian Sun to your firewall exceptions list too.

#8 GamerX

GamerX

Corporal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

Having Trouble Getting Online To The Tiberian Sun Servers?
1) Ensure you have a working internet connection on the computer Tiberian Sun is installed on.
2) Ensure a firewall, (including the windows firewall) isn't blocking Tiberian Sun from accessing the internet.
3) If you are still unable to get online, try reinstalling Tiberian Sun using THIS improved installer version . (Used this and I got Internal errors! The previous was working good!)

Picture2.png

4) Once reinstalled, enter the nickname and password you desire into the appropriate fields, and click OK, you do not need to register one.

Having Connection Issues Loading With Other Players When Games Are Launched?
If you are able to get online to the Tiberian Sun server,
but failing to load with other players when a game is launched, you may need to need to forward the ports on your router.
In order to do this, you will need to do the following:

1) Identify the make, and model of your router.
2) Visit THIS SITE, and select your router from the list, then click the link in the top right to skip the advert.
3) Now select, "Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun" from the list, and follow the step by step instructions for your router.

Basically you will need to add the ports that Tiberian Sun uses (listed below) to the DMZ, or port forwarding page in the control panel of your router:

By forwarding these ports, or adding them to the DMZ, any connection issues you are causing will be resolved, however, if you are still having difficulty connecting to a particular player,
it may be them that needs to forward their ports, so give them the link to this page.
If your router is not listed on the site linked above, try choosing one of the same brand from the list, with the closest model number to yours, the instructions will likely be very similar.

If Tiberian Sun often crashes as a result of an "Internal Error" during a game, you will need to do the following:

For Windows XP:
1) Click "Start"

(TRIED THIS TOO!) NOT WORKED!

#9 Foxtrot10

Foxtrot10

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Can you describe exactly what issue you are having so we can help you get it sorted out?

Is it connection issue or an error message?

#10 GamerX

GamerX

Corporal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Can you describe exactly what issue you are having so we can help you get it sorted out?

Is it connection issue or an error message?

My problem has been solved.

#11 Harrythe3sub

Harrythe3sub

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

I can't use my router because I don't connect with certain players or I only load every few times.

I have to plug directly into modem before I play.  Anyone know how to fix the router issue?

#12 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Its most probably port forward issue m8. I use netgear  and sometimes linksys wireless routers. Both require port forwarding to resolve the "not connecting with certain players" issue.

What router you have?

#13 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

For Windows XP:
1) Click "Start"

I tried this in Win7, my ddraw is enabled but no option to disable it. Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users