1) Ensure you have a working internet connection on the computer Tiberian Sun is installed on.
2) Ensure a firewall, (including the windows firewall) isn't blocking Tiberian Sun from accessing the internet.
3) If you are still unable to get online, try reinstalling Tiberian Sun using THIS improved installer version .
4) Once reinstalled, enter the nickname and password you desire into the appropriate fields, and click OK, you do not need to register one.
Having Connection Issues Loading With Other Players When Games Are Launched?
If you are able to get online to the Tiberian Sun server,
but failing to load with other players when a game is launched, you may need to need to forward the ports on your router.
In order to do this, you will need to do the following:
1) Identify the make, and model of your router.
2) Visit THIS SITE, and select your router from the list, then click the link in the top right to skip the advert.
3) Now select, "Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun" from the list, and follow the step by step instructions for your router.
Basically you will need to add the ports that Tiberian Sun uses (listed below) to the DMZ, or port forwarding page in the control panel of your router:
Tiberian Sun uses the following Ports:
TCP Ports: 3840, 4005, 4808, 4810, 4995, 7000-7002
UDP Ports: 1234-1237, 4000, 5400
By forwarding these ports, or adding them to the DMZ, any connection issues you are causing will be resolved, however, if you are still having difficulty connecting to a particular player,
it may be them that needs to forward their ports, so give them the link to this page.
If your router is not listed on the site linked above, try choosing one of the same brand from the list, with the closest model number to yours, the instructions will likely be very similar.
Getting Internal Errors During Games?
If Tiberian Sun often crashes as a result of an "Internal Error" during a game, you will need to do the following:
For Windows XP:
1) Click "Start"
2) Click "Run" and type in "dxdiag", then press Enter.
3) Click the display tab, and then DISABLE Direct Draw.
Edited by SkeletonNod, 20 April 2010 - 05:43 PM.