#1 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

This is Neogrants how-to, not mine. Thank him :)

Posted Image

Downloading the file
!

• First download ScreenGrab via this link: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
  • A seperate window will open asking you to open or save, please save the file to your desktop.
  • A file name should now have downloaded onto your desktop named :'scrgrb11.zip' The file may be in different areas such as my downloads, this all depends on how you have your browser set.
  • Right click scrgrb11.zip and scroll down to 'extract file, or extract here' - See screenshot below.

Posted Image

Installing

• You should now have three files on your desktop from extracting, if not go back to step 4 above.
  • Next: Delete file_id.diz and readme.txt and double click on setup.exe
    Posted Image
    You should now be asked to install screengrab 1.1, continue by pressing yes.
  • Go through the navigation of next buttons until you reach the end. Do not read 'readme'.
  • Once fully installed you should be able to find screengrab via your start menu, or wherever you selected to install it. If you still can't find it check C:\Program Files\ScreenGrab

Before we go any further - Match your screengrab settings to what mine are - apart from output folder to which we are coming on to next.

Posted Image

Settings
  • Setting your output folder, if your new to this then follow my steps:
    -Create a new folder on your desktop, or in my documents>my pictures.
    -Name it something sensible and know you can find easily
    -Select an output for your screenshots by pressing the folder icon [see below screenshot]
    Posted Image
    -Before i selected an output i created a new folder on my desktop called Red Alert 2 Screenshots. Once i found my folder, i clicked 'OK'.
  • You should now have your output folder created - this is where you screenshots will save.
  • Next is setting your hotkeys

Just below where it states output folder is 'global hotkeys'. These are shorcuts if you like to take your screenshot, instead of pressing printscreen you can press any other keys you like. Some keys may require ctrl/shift/or alt.

If you want a good setting that i find works well when playing and taking screenshots - use 'Alt C'

Click the first hotkey field area where it states 'Capture' press 'alt' once and then 'c' once. You should now see a field with Alt + C. Now when you hit them together it will now take a screenshot.

Things to note:

Your files should be saved as JPG Quality, 60% or above. Anything below 60 is considered a poor screenshot and may be used against you in reports.

Files should 'Auto Save' to your folder - See first diagram.

What is needed on a screenshot ?
Check here and read this quote:

If you are posting a screen shot that has been requested by another player to show that you do not map hack, the screenshot must show some shroud in the main picture.

Shroud on the mini map/radar screen alone is not enough to show that you do not map hack.

If i have missed anything or if you are stuck anywhere through this tut - post here and i'll help you.

Edited by neogrant, 05 March 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#2 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

Screengrab download link updated.

#3 CLuMzY

CLuMzY

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

is this the easyest one there is bc this **** looks hard to do .... i try to do something and somethings dont even come up

#4 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

Method 1. neos method with his pretty tute.

Method 2. Press CTRL + C in-game. Screenshot is saved as a *.pcx extension file in the game directory.

Method 3. Press the PrtScr button on your keyboard, then open Paint, and press CTRL + V, save your screenshot as *.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users