66 replies to this topic

#1 DonCarlo

DonCarlo

Omertan

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18264 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Elect a representative or 2 that represent the WHOLE community - not only one category of player.
Come up with a proposal that is agreed on by the whole community (or at least the vast majority).
This must take into consideration all the threads that have gone before on this subject.
You must show in your proposal what you have done to make sure the views of the whole YR community are included.
You may request us to make announcements if neccessary to get feedback/include the whole community.

When you have the FINAL proposal then make a topic for the attention of admins.
We will not be reading multiple topics or multiple arguments back and forth on this subject.

Remember this is for YR only, if you don't play the game, your input is not required.

Good luck YR's.

#2 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

I'd honestly be up to doing this, I think the only other option would be tony...

tony: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=152466

Prep: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=151990

I'd say it would be between the two of us as representatives unless theirs a third party.

Maybe make a poll tomorrow if no-one speaks up by then, and let the yr community pick. I just don't see anyone else (other then justin), who really has this much devotion.

I also think it'd be better if it's one person working on the job, not 2 ;).

#3 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • 11381 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

you do it prep :)

#4 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

By the way, anyone who is elected I think NEEDS to understand two things:

1. The focus NEEDS to be on the yuri faction. They have not have a map renovation since the beginning of xwis. (unless there was a tweak here or there). Yuri maps will most likely be the trickiest ones. But in todays qm there is average yuri players beating top 10 players simply because of map selection. The focus of this renovation needs to be on making the yuri team playable again.

2. Is not to overdue the renovation. I dont think the average player wants to be playing east vs. best in qm, or sedona pass in qm. That isn't the point of a sedona pass / east vs. best. I think this renovation would be great if 8-14 maps are added to qm.

#5 AmPLiFY

AmPLiFY

-AuF-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2525 posts
  • XWIS Name: AmPLiFY

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

Prep, get it done mate. You got my vote.

#6 luLz

luLz

Eric - amazingness personified

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2101 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tanz

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

You got my vote.

And my axe.

i'd either vote for prep or adam

#7 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

If things go properly, hopefully we can get this done in time for first day of March.

#8 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

tbh prepz map list is 2 short and he wants to play the bigest maps, so he can turtle the hardest no thanks prep id rather tony do this then mr france boy. we all know ur a pt hungry noob on a dead ladder in cm anyway not qm.. but awsme some new maps !!!

#9 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

tbh prepz map list is 2 short

It's not a permanent list, the list is needed by the community. The representative is here to guide things along, not to tell which maps are in and out.

he wants to play the bigest maps, so he can turtle the hardest no thanks prep id rather tony do this then mr france boy.

I play a different team each month, the biggest maps issue is one that will undoubtedly be added to the qm renovation whether you like it or not. Most the nice small maps are already in qm. The key to a successful renovation is to add a balance of maps. You don't want to add 8 hail mary/face down maps, and then not add a tsunami... You want a balance of small maps, sea maps, large maps, tech maps, money maps, etc.

we all know ur a pt hungry noob on a dead ladder in cm anyway not qm..

The personal attacks should be left out of a topic like this, however I think I've demonstrated over the months that I've been playing, that I'm out for fun, rather then ranks.

but awsme some new maps !!!

Cheers

#10 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

Ill vote for the person who can get me heck in qm because then I would actually play YR. Until that day the disk stays in its case. I am a big map fan. Stuff maps like urban rush.

Edited by Carl, 19 February 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#11 pianist

pianist

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

GO prep GO! your the man for this job for sure! :) you got my vote matey!

#12 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

prep also has my vote
I would do it but it takes forever :(

#13 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

By the way, anyone who is elected I think NEEDS to understand two things:

1. The focus NEEDS to be on the yuri faction. They have not have a map renovation since the beginning of xwis. (unless there was a tweak here or there). Yuri maps will most likely be the trickiest ones. But in todays qm there is average yuri players beating top 10 players simply because of map selection. The focus of this renovation needs to be on making the yuri team playable again.

2. Is not to overdue the renovation. I dont think the average player wants to be playing east vs. best in qm, or sedona pass in qm. That isn't the point of a sedona pass / east vs. best. I think this renovation would be great if 8-14 maps are added to qm.

This is exactly why prep is the wrong person for the job, he is completely biased against the Yuri faction. The fact is on many of the current maps allies do have an advantage over Yuri and only those players who have never vs a top allies with Yuri don't understand this.

We need a more balanced view of the maps and the only way to get it would be for the top players in each faction (Adam,Sunny,n44bj?) to have an equal vote on each of the maps then present an agreed list to the admins.

#14 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • 11381 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

sunny, you want that mapping piece of **** to decide what new maps are going to be added... no thx!

#15 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:21 AM

sunny, you want that mapping piece of **** to decide what new maps are going to be added... no thx!

Ah ok, how about Reano to represent the Yuri Faction?

Edited by kickyou73, 20 February 2009 - 10:23 AM.

#16 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • 11381 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

still a stupid idea :)

don said we had to include the views of the whole community, i don't think let 3 gd players decide is what she ment.

#17 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

still a stupid idea :)

don said we had to include the views of the whole community, i don't think let 3 gd players decide is what she ment.

Much better than letting one player who panics when he sees a bunker decide what is a fair map. The maps he lists below are really good to use sovs vs yuri. He is just coming at this from an allied perspective.

quote from prep

Dune and blood, the yuri players have developed so highly to the rush of sovs /allies that they now have 10 tank bunkers in their base every damn game i play them on there. It makes it impossible to win and that is the main 100% reason i bail yuri. End up getting a map like that.. near imossible.

#18 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

Much better than letting one player who panics when he sees a bunker decide what is a fair map. The maps he lists below are really good to use sovs vs yuri. He is just coming at this from an allied perspective.

quote from prep

Dune and blood, the yuri players have developed so highly to the rush of sovs /allies that they now have 10 tank bunkers in their base every damn game i play them on there. It makes it impossible to win and that is the main 100% reason i bail yuri. End up getting a map like that.. near imossible.

soviets need the best chance possible against yuri in terms of maps considering the blatant imbalances in the SvY matchup, although you're obviously oblivious to this fact because you're probably a yuri player yourself.

#19 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

This is exactly why prep is the wrong person for the job, he is completely biased against the Yuri faction. The fact is on many of the current maps allies do have an advantage over Yuri and only those players who have never vs a top allies with Yuri don't understand this.

We need a more balanced view of the maps and the only way to get it would be for the top players in each faction (Adam,Sunny,n44bj?) to have an equal vote on each of the maps then present an agreed list to the admins.

out of the 26ish qm maps there's only 5-6 that allies can actually have an equal match up against yuri and even then it's iffy(dmz, cs, hv, dh, sahara, and heartland)almost all the other maps are basically free wins for yuri...

#20 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

out of the 26ish qm maps there's only 5-6 that allies can actually have an equal match up against yuri and even then it's iffy(dmz, cs, hv, dh, sahara, and heartland)almost all the other maps are basically free wins for yuri...

I agree any small map where allies don't get much time to tech they are going to have a hard time on. But also allies give yuri a hard time on any map large enough to give time for mass mirages\prisms\bf.

Sovs on the other hand are much more dangerous to Yuri on small maps where they can rush or the travel time for ic is cut down.

All I am saying is if the very best players could agree which maps they had an equal chance of winning on then the rest of us should also be happy. I maybe wrong but I think Adam was winning the majority of his games vs sunny in the end but I am not sure if they played all maps or not?

#21 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • 11381 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

Sovs on the other hand are much more dangerous to Yuri on small maps where they can rush or the travel time for ic is cut down.

???

#22 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

good soviets can beat yuri easily on a small map.

#23 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way kickyou, but I respond with:

1. First and foremost, being a representative I am only a guide. The plan of attack would be as follows: I'd set up discussions post for each added map on the yuri side.

See, the yuri thing is the trickiest, im not looking to kill the yuri side, im looking to give it a balanced approach. Now I will tell you this: I will push HARD for blood, hidden valley, urban rush, maybe offense defense to be eliminated forever from yuri qm. I think i'd keep dune patrol as its a much more fair map then blood feud. Blood feud just has to much hills/trees and power for mags. But the discussions are for the future.

2. I've said time and time again, the reason I do not play vs yuri is because of the maps. Not only is it unfair, its just boring playing the same situations vs yuri.

As a yuri player, don't you want maybe a water map? I mean hell, yuri only has small maps to mediocre sized maps.

See this is were xwis went wrong in the first map selection with yuri:

XWIS's philosophy was to put yuri on all small maps, because they thought the supers/the long game would be to easy for yuri. My philosophy is put yuri on maps with techs (tanyas?), large maps and yuri then has to use SKILL to win the game.

Imagine a yuri playing heck, the camping players will lose everytime cause a nuke/wheather storm would keep destroying them while the other player will have the whole map all its resources. Now at the same time, a skilled yuri player can play heck with the best of them due to the amount of trees, ability of his slave miners to go anywhere, the cliffs, and it would be a little paradise for ufos. It would be all GG's.

What I want out of the yuri faction is to produced skilld games, not the blood feud/hidden valley games were they make a line of bunkers and mind control to the point where a superweapon cant do anything, even if you can make one because those 2 maps have so little resources for you.

Thats another thing tho, the genetic mutator stimulates yuris economy to good on low resource maps. THATS why you need big resource maps to give the other player a chance at having the same economy.

good soviets can beat yuri easily on a small map.

Now I do agree with this for "the most part." But once you make the yuri side a good player, then it differs drastically. I have never beaten sunny on a small map like blood/dune with yuri.

each faction (Adam,Sunny,n44bj?)

The funny thing is mate, Sunny was the one who wants tower of power and heck freezes into qm for the yuri side. His map requests will be put into consideration. I really want heck in it for yuri, but tower of power ill have to discuss/think about.

with all due respect to sunny's mapping ability lol, he is one of the smartest players in the game. I certainly hope he chimes in on the discussions of maps.

I agree any small map where allies don't get much time to tech they are going to have a hard time on. But also allies give yuri a hard time on any map large enough to give time for mass mirages\prisms\bf.

All I am saying is if the very best players could agree which maps they had an equal chance of winning on then the rest of us should also be happy. I maybe wrong but I think Adam was winning the majority of his games vs sunny in the end but I am not sure if they played all maps or not?

Okay this is probably the most important thing you've said. Allies do not have a chance on small maps. Thats why i'd eliminate all small maps from yuri vs allies. Sovs have a much greater chance, that's why i'd keep dune in for SvY.

Now you must understand, the best players sometimes just do not know all maps. It takes a community to prefect this. I think you've got the wrong idea that you pick me, then I pick maps. That's is not how it goes. The next week should be a fun one for strike-team/yuris community as many discussions will be held. :)

Edited by leigz, 20 February 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#24 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Fair enough prep I do think you will do a good job and yes some water maps would be good fun :)

Please consider the few Yuri players though. It will be hard going against fully teched allies every map. Some of the less ridiculus smaller maps (not hv or urban) would counter balance these.

#25 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Fair enough prep I do think you will do a good job and yes some water maps would be good fun smile.gif

Please consider the few Yuri players though. It will be hard going against fully teched allies every map. Some of the less ridiculus smaller maps (not hv or urban) would counter balance these.

:). All the discussions are on the horizon! I hope you decide to chime in especially on the yuri side of things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users