Photo

Now that HOF is caught up, tweak yr qm maps?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:05 AM

First off, i'd like to say excellent job on getting caught up. I didn't think yall would do that, but it looks as if yall are on some serious ish.

But now to present day, while being caught up is an amazing job, its time to look towards the endless game flaws (the millions upon millions of discussions, that no matter what yall do... yall will get some discussions from).

So with that in mind, coming from a yr qm vet, I think there is indeed some issues with yr qm. I think ra2 qm is much more defined, ra2 qm is very good as it is. Now dont get me wrong, im no ra2 100% qm'r, so i dont know perfectly, but what ra2 players have is tourney option. YR players do not. Which makes the yr qm option the most important tool in the game of yr.

I'm a very PRO-MAPs player, i love adding alot of maps. I love techs, love water, love land, i just love the game.

So to start off with is:

Maps I think should be taken out:

Anytown, Amerika

Thats it! I think admins have done an excellent job in yr qm. The reason I want anytown out is simply due to the level of hard playing top compared to bottom. I cannot stand getting top on that map. It's just so much more difficult compared to bottom.

Maps that should be added :

-Arctic Circle / Lost Lake - One of these, not both due to them being the same basic thing. Id go arctic circle since its on ra2. Excellent map.
- Turfwar
- Austin, TX - Both turfwar and Austin, TX are excellent one on one qm maps! I remember them being in xwis when it first started and it quickly became a favorite of mine and others. While their not "original" qm maps, they offer great new terrains that have mostly gone UNPLAYED by many of the players due to them being in team alliance.
-El Dorado - Great map! many good tactics. Fair to allies, fair to sovs. I remember having one of my favorite games ever vs tomi in yr qm on it.
- Loaded Barrel - Why why why can this not be in!! This was one of my favorite qm maps as a newb in westwood times. We gotta think about the new comers, these people that go 60-300, they don't want to keep playing and getting dominated. Loaded barrel gives them a good chance to lose looking good. Lose in a 10 minute battle were they camp, not in a 2 minute rush. Was a great tactical map.
-Let there be fight - I have a feeling this map wont be to loved by many people, but was in yr wol qm and once again, proved many GREAT combats for me.
- Little piece of dune - Kinda get where im going with this? I loved wol qm because always were so random games! Little piece of dune is great in so many ways to win the game. It can be argued airport = auto win, but then rush them from other side!!
- Four corners - I think this is a map that should need to be put in. Old WOL qm map, the only negative is middle being a bit overpowered. But so send 10 dogs to middle?
-Tsunami - Reason being is if adding in 5 of the above maps, you'd need something to equal out the maps. You dont want 100 land maps then one depth charge. Tsunami wud be a great equalizer, and is basically a map similar to depth / alaskan. Which are fun maps to play since you must switch your combat style.

Maps that I doubt will ever get considered, but id LOVE to see in qm:
- Trailer Park - A big map with no techs. Why not? It will be a fan favorite for the 'new players.'
- Double Trouble - Why not? Very strategic map
- Heck Freezes over - On ra2 they have tourney option. On YR there is no tourney option, heck goes unplayed. Heck is probably the single most tactical map in the game, why not add it to qm, imagine fighting for rank 1 on heck?
- Happy Trails / Hail Mary - While they may not be the greatest skill vs. skill maps, hail mary in alot of ways is like face down, and happy trails is just a great qm map to play, other then the crates giving advantage to 2, but so be it!
-Isle of oades - Another great tactical map with many things to do and think about.
- Valley of Gems - Was a fan favorite IMO from the early xwis days, i had many great battles of this map in qm back then.

I'd really appreciate any consdieration to the maps. Theres some great maps that go completely unplayed, and while once again, yr qm is not bad, why not add those maps to make it much more colorful. When you guys added the maps before, I thought it was great additions. Roundhouse kick is an excellent map, and alot of the maps i listed would really fit in well with the yr qm playing.

But finally, the third and most IMPORTANT thing to look at:

Doing SOMETHING with country yuri in quick match. It is so dull and boring to play this team. I duno if I bail them because their overpowered, or if its just because how boring the games are with them. It has been a strong while now since anything has been done to the yuri maps. Most the yuri maps in qm are the exact same, maps like blood/ dune / hidden valley / urban rush are near replicas of perfect 1on1 small combat.
Why not add a map like heck to yuri to make it different. Or even better, tanyas training grounds?

Hopefully I can get a response from an admin on these issues. Mainly the last one, as the last one i see as a major problem affecting my level of fun. The first 2 are more wishful thinking. :)

#2 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

Nice, wudnt mind seeing new qm maps. for Anytown, Amerika just do wat m4ster does alt delete :D

#3 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:34 AM

appreciate the positivity.
Everytime I do that, i gain a lose for the match tho.

It would be best to just get rid of it all together.

#4 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

i agree, funny m4ster never does :S

#5 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:49 AM

i also have some more suggestions for QM maps, if the admins take this seriously ill put my input in =]

#6 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

ye anytown should definitely be taken out, bottom has such a huge advantage on there:/

#7 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

XGS for Yuri or at least admin screen shot requests should be the first step. You can't have good, clean competition when so many use map revelers.

Then, add/remove maps from RA2 and Yuri QM. There have been many good suggestions about which maps to add and which to remove.

Also, advertise the QM resolution patch in the QM screen.

Olaf, you could easily make this game more active and more fun for everyone. You're the only one that can at this point... No one is asking you to spend hundreds of hours to make a new patch for the game or anything of this sort. These are simple fixes that would make the game/s more enjoyable and hopefully more active. Please listen to the community and make these simple changes.

Thanks!

#8 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts
  • XWIS Name: Minjeeta

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

All official maps should be available for qm. No maps should be taken out, it might be true that anytown is unbalanced but it is always possible that you could end up in the best positions.

Edited by Kundalini, 27 January 2009 - 04:47 AM.

#9 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:17 AM

All official maps should be available for qm. No maps should be taken out, it might be true that anytown is unbalanced but it is always possible that you could end up in the best positions.

was that a joke or are you actually an idiot? O_O

#10 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:39 AM

was that a joke or are you actually an idiot? O_O

Which part of that makes me an idiot? :huh:

#11 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:19 AM

Which part of that makes me an idiot? :huh:

specifically? the start, the middle and the end.

#12 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13500 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

Actually, we still have 8 HoFs from 2006 and 1 from 2007 to do...

#13 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

I would come back to YR if certain maps were taken out and a lot added.

I dnt like versin Yuri on maps that give them large advantage like hidden valley or bf. I also really like water, land... maps lik lost lake and heck would be lovely if added. Heck is the reason I play ra2. If ppl on YR played it I would play it there.

Edited by Carl, 27 January 2009 - 09:48 AM.

#14 GerWar176

GerWar176

:o

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • XWIS Name: GerWar176

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

I agrree with everything except El Dorado, Four Corners and Hail Mary.. but thats just me

#15 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

you forgot my favorit map, head for the hills to add, CArvilles convoy is kool to. there are alot of maps id like to see added, but no point putting my feedback in until admins actaully say there gonna do something -_-

#16 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

you forgot my favorit map, head for the hills to add, CArvilles convoy is kool to. there are alot of maps id like to see added, but no point putting my feedback in until admins actaully say there gonna do something sleep.gif

the problem with those maps is it borderlines straining the player. Carvilles vonvoy is much like no rest for the wicked in its a battle of who can get 20 techs first :p. I realise i have valley of gems and artic circle on there, but those for some reason, are much less hard on the player.

I would come back to YR if certain maps were taken out and a lot added.

I dnt like versin Yuri on maps that give them large advantage like hidden valley or bf. I also really like water, land... maps lik lost lake and heck would be lovely if added. Heck is the reason I play ra2. If ppl on YR played it I would play it there.

Above all, I think the BIGGEST issue on yr is the yuri qm maps. I cannot vs. a yuri now. Luckily, there isnt many top yuri players around so it doesnt have much effect. But i'd love to have some yuri games if something was done with these current awful map settings for yuri qm.

My apologies.

That was not very logical if you really think about it. Say your Rank 2 at 890 points, rank 1 has 900 points, and your vsing rank 7 at 690 points. Say Rank 7 gets bottom, how fun is that going to be for you to overcome the odds to win 10 points? But most likely lose 50.

XGS for Yuri or at least admin screen shot requests should be the first step. You can't have good, clean competition when so many use map revelers.

Then, add/remove maps from RA2 and Yuri QM. There have been many good suggestions about which maps to add and which to remove.

Also, advertise the QM resolution patch in the QM screen.

Olaf, you could easily make this game more active and more fun for everyone. You're the only one that can at this point... No one is asking you to spend hundreds of hours to make a new patch for the game or anything of this sort. These are simple fixes that would make the game/s more enjoyable and hopefully more active. Please listen to the community and make these simple changes.

Thanks!

While I agree with alot of those points, that is something that will take more effort then what I want. XGS for yuri would have to be made and distributed. Which to us may not be hard, but you must understand, I think only one person can make XGS, and thats Olaf, he would have to spend a good amount of his free time to do that. The QM add/drop maps should only take a few minutes.

I dont know what they did for admin ss's, but also that would most likely take alot of extra work for them.

I'm not promoting no XGS or no SS's, but at the end days of this game, whatever we can get, i'd like, and I think asking for add/drop maps is a much more feasible option.

Patching the game? That's something that has never been done, been asked a million times. Im pretty sure theres a reason they stay far away from it.

i agree, funny m4ster never does :S

Players like him ate the 5% of XWIS community that NEEDS and WANTS only like 10 maps in qm, because they can only manipulate 10 or so maps. The majority of yr xwis qm players are at least 50% lower then average players looking for fun. You give them more 'fun' maps it makes their experience better. I'd think alot of those players that don't have voices on here, would love to see maps like artic circle, and Let there be fight in qm. I remember so many average players having 30 minute games with me on map like Let there be fight simply because theyd fill the garrisions 100% haha.

But back to the main goal:

Olaf or admins, if there's anything you can do in the upcoming month febuary, it would be just to add some maps for yr qm. Maps that come to my mind are tanyas training grounds, artic circle, heck freezes, maybe even tower of power. I'm sure admins have their knowledge of maps. YR QM is in dire need of change. The allies and soviets qm is still great, the other suggestions are pure wishful thinking. but the YR suggestion is much more needed.

#17 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

head for the hills is the greatest map ever.

#18 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

That was not very logical if you really think about it. Say your Rank 2 at 890 points, rank 1 has 900 points, and your vsing rank 7 at 690 points. Say Rank 7 gets bottom, how fun is that going to be for you to overcome the odds to win 10 points? But most likely lose 50.

That's luck of the draw, each player has an equal chance of getting that position. If you assume you are going to lose just because you don't get the choice position, then you probably will.

#19 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

That's luck of the draw, each player has an equal chance of getting that position. If you assume you are going to lose just because you don't get the choice position, then you probably will.

dude me,prep,adam, tj, some of the experienced players who actually know what they are talking about should present this kind of stuff.

you are the reason nothing happens, because you suck and think omg everymap would be kool.

considering you use yuri and still cant get top 10 after years. just shutup, let the pros handle this.

Prep would you care to 1v1 on alot of the maps? i perosnally 1v1ed on every map vs BRETT, and vs many other players. me and latof 1v1ed on every map so i know the maps pretty well just gotta see them again.

when i get back on ill bring a REasonable qm map list of what to put in =]

#20 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

Prep would you care to 1v1 on alot of the maps? i perosnally 1v1ed on every map vs BRETT, and vs many other players. me and latof 1v1ed on every map so i know the maps pretty well just gotta see them again.

when i get back on ill bring a REasonable qm map list of what to put in =]

I dont usually like to 1on1 ffg, but for this id be down. I mean, their really good games, because some of these maps have never really been played in a skill vs. skill battle.

I think i got a great list going right now, if half of those maps were in it'd be awesome :).

Isn't the key of a good qm system to eliminate luck, and produce the best player as rank 1? ;)

#21 Kundalini

Kundalini

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

you are the reason nothing happens, because you suck and think omg everymap would be kool.

considering you use yuri and still cant get top 10 after years. just shutup, let the pros handle this.

And you're obviously concerned that if all maps were available one would come up that you can't do. As for my abilities at YR, I know I'm not the best player in the world but that's hardly relevant in this topic.

#22 DaMMeT

DaMMeT

^^g0tHs^^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • XWIS Name: fuksme

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:19 AM

just add the tourney option for yuris that would help at lot

if i remember properly wol had that option but dont quote me on that i only played on wol for a month or two in 2003

Edited by DaMMeT, 28 January 2009 - 07:19 AM.

#23 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

just add the tourney option for yuris that would help at lot

if i remember properly wol had that option but dont quote me on that i only played on wol for a month or two in 2003

ok, but i dont remeba that option lol and i dout it can be done theses guys cant even do a patch.

#24 PrisonBreak

PrisonBreak

PlayFairOrDiE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • XWIS Name: aSovKilla

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

IMO, I strongly believe that the game ( ra2/yr ) would be one of the best games if they have constant updating such as adding/removing maps as requested. Also fix the

glitches/bugs. therefore, many people will come back and it will be more active even its in somehow 2.5 D , like SC i think it is older than ra2 but still active. obviously, YR side have

advantages in many cases like (cliffs/water/gem maps''eco'') which can be manipulated. Note: Sunny plz dont comment on this because you are YR team philosopher and bias to YR

About XGS,

Well someone said '' give me 2000 $ '' then i will make it, why ? for God sake, Ra2 had one and no one had2pay for improving the game ( patches/programs; XGS)

I wish that if i knew ra2/yr before 2005 (2 years of toe noobness then in 2007 played my first qms and i couldnt play more than 1-2 months constantly because of studying)

#25 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

IMO, I strongly believe that the game ( ra2/yr ) would be one of the best games if they have constant updating such as adding/removing maps as requested. Also fix the

glitches/bugs. therefore, many people will come back and it will be more active even its in somehow 2.5 D , like SC i think it is older than ra2 but still active. obviously, YR side have

advantages in many cases like (cliffs/water/gem maps''eco'') which can be manipulated. Note: Sunny plz dont comment on this because you are YR team philosopher and bias to YR

About XGS,

Well someone said '' give me 2000 $ '' then i will make it, why ? for God sake, Ra2 had one and no one had2pay for improving the game ( patches/programs; XGS)

I wish that if i knew ra2/yr before 2005 (2 years of toe noobness then in 2007 played my first qms and i couldnt play more than 1-2 months constantly because of studying)

Well you got to understand it is hard to make a patch. Olaf prob doesnt have time to spend making one so if we paid him then he might. Yes I would love a patch but talking like that is not going to help. I would think changing the maps is probably much easier so if that can be done it would be great :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users