be patient

#3 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

lets all stay and keep on playing and all people just need to come back and play this best game ever and lets hope something will chance these kinda topics doesnt do anything i have stopped making topics like this i gave up but still play the game that i love

#4 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

lets all stay and keep on playing and all people just need to come back and play this best game ever and lets hope something will chance these kinda topics doesnt do anything i have stopped making topics like this i gave up but still play the game that i love

View Post

indeed :)

#5 antonios

antonios

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

Strike-team still trying to keep c&c alive like it says on the site?
I still remeber when i first heard of xwis barley anyone was ever on and it was fun cuz less cheating and those that did cheat where banned quick but after the redirection so many cheaters from wol came over.It wasnt as active b4 the redirection but was limited to good fair players who enjoyed playing that game it should be.

St has done good in my a opinion and they tried to make xwis better with the redirection.And yes there where more games but also more cheaters.A little to much to handle i think too.

I know this is kinda off subject but felt like saying it :flowers:

#6 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12258 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:37 PM

? Is it?
:ph34r:

View Post

No.

stupid :chair:

I like your avatar Anthony :)

#7 antonios

antonios

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

thank you niek you have been a big fan of a couple of my avatars.

MARIO FTW and Ren and stimpy!

#8 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12258 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

It's only dead when you think it is. Think it's alive! Think its healty! Go and play instead of using words on Strike Team!

#9 ramilation

ramilation

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

its pretty much dead

#10 c0zi

c0zi

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3472 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:01 PM

its pretty much dead

View Post

you there hush ! :argue:

#11 bobbo

bobbo

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

yep

#12 snipe

snipe

R@PTOR Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1811 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

in my oppinion this game is just as alive as it used to be, except when it comes to clans on YR because no 1 plays, and ppl who do play 1 map. YR is my favorite game but having to go back to ra2 and clan is what im gonna have to learn to deal with. This game wont die for years its got a very strong community unlike a lot of other games.

And all this bring back the good players bla bla, if u dont think theirs enough good players go and clan or q/m and come back and tell me what rank u got. I cant remember the ranks on wol reaching as high as they do now on ra2 expecially.

#13 MgS

MgS

Tyler/MG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3261 posts
  • XWIS Name: MgSnake1

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

its pretty much dead

View Post

#14 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:28 PM

the game sucks now, people flame, people whine, people bail, do you know why? mainly because there are no changes, we need maggots that play active qm and clan, and you can only gain that by doing new things like adding new maps into qm or what the hell do i know, but when you play the one and the same over time, it gets boring, but when looking for the chances of that, somewhere near 0, because the hof's didnt even get updated, not to talk about server changes, just leave ra2 until it gets better, actually its your choice, but there is no use imo atm, i have played a half year the same people month after month on the same **** maps, first months it was fun and interesting, but it fastly got boring for me

#15 Steve™

Steve™

You just got served

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2793 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

People are not so motivated now because of ST not FUC KING updating HOF or adding the other maps on YR and adding new maps on ra2.

#16 jonisb4ck

jonisb4ck

XCL Benefactor

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4382 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:51 PM

Well atleast it saves us from having cheaters there.

#17 Aegis

Aegis

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • XWIS Name: NA

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

Its very much dead compared to say 2002 where i could come online at nearly any time of the day and there would be hundreds and hundreds of people playing.

No point S-T pulling their finger out now because it is probably too late. Anyone who was every any good at this game does not play anymore.

Sure, games like C-S Source have cheaters and bugs in levels and so on, but i rarely see them because the game is maintained, RA2 is not maintained. Give up.

#18 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:26 PM

Its very much dead compared to say 2002 where i could come online at nearly any time of the day and there would be hundreds and hundreds of people playing.

View Post

captain obvious~!

No point S-T pulling their finger out now because it is probably too late. Anyone who was every any good at this game does not play anymore.

View Post

what would you know? :D

Sure, games like C-S Source have cheaters and bugs in levels and so on, but i rarely see them because the game is maintained, RA2 is not maintained. Give up.

View Post

If you don't care about the game then why are you still posting here?

#19 -aRedGhost-

-aRedGhost-

[-EF-] Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4084 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:30 PM

clanning is dead :(

#20 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:37 PM

View Post

shut up, just shut up. Since you don't play it's a dead game?

Anyone who was every any good at this game does not play anymore.

so wrong.

The game isn't close to dead. On YR today I had lots of ggs, both clanners (2v2) and qms. So I doubt ra2 is "dead" seeing as it has 10x more people.

#21 Aegis

Aegis

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:38 PM

Wow, i made a couple of posts everynow and then, i rarely even come to the site. But even the website activity seems to be pretty low IMO.

I just have trouble understanding why people still think this game is so good when there is obviuosly way better games out there.

#22 -aRedGhost-

-aRedGhost-

[-EF-] Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4084 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:42 PM

shut up, just shut up. Since you don't play it's a dead game?
so wrong.
The game isn't close to dead. On YR today I had lots of ggs, both clanners (2v2) and qms. So I doubt ra2 is "dead" seeing as it has 10x more people.

View Post

u cant get games all the time, once u get a game u have to play the same ppl 3x or else u'll be bored to death for another 3hrs.

#23 Aegis

Aegis

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

I didnt say it was dead because i dont play it.

But it is not as popular, it will never get updated, S-T dont give a ****.

Starcraft, Wc3, HL 1 - 2, now they are popular games, not a game where there is maybe 150 unique players, 50 of which may have any ability and u play the same ones over and over.

#24 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:54 PM

I didnt say it was dead because i dont play it.

But it is not as popular, it will never get updated, S-T dont give a ****.

Starcraft, Wc3, HL 1 - 2, now they are popular games, not a game where there is maybe 150 unique players, 50 of which may have any ability and u play the same ones over and over.

View Post

you exaggerate. There are still lots of people playing and even new people who are just beginning. I agree the game isn't as active as others, but IMO and in the opinions of many others it's the best rts ever. And it's the only game I'll ever play competitevly.

#25 Aegis

Aegis

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:59 PM

I agree, i think it is a great rts too, but you just play the same people over and over and over and over, doing the same thing nearly every game.

Does get boring... Especially when the game has changed and engi walking, rushing and engi eating is so (or was) popular just for easy points, thats not a good game, its boring.

I like some variety.

The tactics are non existant, the maps are the same old **** for 6 years. The HOF means nothing now days and doesnt even get updated.

You know in 2002 i got like 1000pts or there abouts playing entirely on Euro server cause i was banned from USA server... now to get 1000pts you probably have to play 3 or 4 people 10x.

Lack of players and lack of updates makes it boring.

Take CS:S for example, the smallest of updates makes the biggest difference, on de_train they made a few minor changes and it changes the level so much :|

If they had changed QM a bit, made QM more popular, would have been a bit more fun.

Edited by Aegis, 06 October 2006 - 12:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users