3 replies to this topic

#1 p0pnstyl3

p0pnstyl3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

Ok well I have been trying to figure out for a few months now why I can not get ts to work on my comp, I have had the game for years now and i recently baught a new computer and ever since I have not been able to get ts to work on it.

I will go through the install like I have done many times in the past on diffrent comps I have had... Now for my new comp when it gets to the end of the install right when its about to finish and is installing short cut icons and start menu properties, it then will hold (the progress light at the top right of the screen will normally freeze half way through) then after a lil hang up will then ask what I would like to do, this is the only thing that I will have happen during the install that i knotice diffrent then all the times i have done through the years..

So I then choose go back to windows, when I get to windows I dont have a start folder that containes any westwood properties, or the game it self, though when looking in c:/westwood it is in the same place as it allwase has been.... So I then try to use the manual patching process by downloading it, then I get the error Missing ini file and then gives me the option to select what file to patch it to.... In this I select the ts.mix file and the patch prociedes and gives me the info about the patch with updates and such stuff...

So now I try to go online, it then will say that I am missing the westwood shared internet components, I have then fallowed what it has sayed on here about getting them to work, none of the ways have workd, I have even tryed installing the shared internet components from renegade and ra aswell but still nothing...

Im at the point of wanting to play so bad, but at the same time feel like throwing the discs out on the freeway while driving at high speeds to insure that they shatter into dust.... Please any help would be great.

Edited by p0pnstyl3, 23 September 2006 - 04:12 AM.

#2 p0pnstyl3

p0pnstyl3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:55 PM

Its pretty messed up that i have seen admins, helpers and such sitting looking at my post yet none even made a sugjestion or flat out said they dont know what is up..... I understand that you guys do this on your own time, but I just feel that you could atleast if you take the time to click on a post and read it thats asking for help to acknowladge that you saw it and will get back to it when you can or that you just dont know what to do. ether or I am just getting frustrated, ea will sell games they dont support, I have allready payed for 3 copys of ts since i started playing in 2000, with this I dont want to go buy tfd just to have the same ish happen nor support it if its gunna happen, I could have used the no cd cracks in the past but no I baught the game agin to not bother with dooing such, so as it is now i have 5 cds and 3 serials all in wich are not scratched, or anything and in that should be able to get help on this for the close to 100$ i have put into this game.....

#3 THE BIL

THE BIL

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3584 posts
  • XWIS Name: maxxximus

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

I would suggest your CD being damaged, but uve already tried and tested that with multiple CD's so im dont really have an idea.

Maybe if uve got Antivirus programs or any other computer settings such as router/hub set up that stops u from downloading the necessary patches etc.

Also check your CD reader, if anyother problems reading other disks.

#4 p0pnstyl3

p0pnstyl3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

fixed, there was a file containing ra2 in my registery that i dont recall where it was but in that after i deleated it and a couple more trys of reinstalling then it worked...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users