93 replies to this topic

#1 MaidenTy1

MaidenTy1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

I notice that XWIS does not have a clan ladder for Renegade at the moment, and many players have been asking about one. I don't know if you have something in the pipeline, but if there aren't any plans then for the benefit of those XWIS Renegade players who want a Renegade clan ladder, perhaps you would consider Clanwars.cc?
If you haven't heard of Clanwars.cc let me tell you a little about it.

Clanwars.cc
Our first ladder (Dark Reign 2) went live in April 2001.
In March of 2006 EA released Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II and officially made Clanwars.cc their integrated clan ladder - match results are now automatically sent to Clanwars and as of May 2006, 42,000 matches have been logged. That is an average of 14,000 matches per month so far, and growing. EA and Zboard have combined to sponsor the league providing dozens of prizes to top finishers each month!
In June 2006 Big Huge Games offered a thousand dollar prize to our brand new Rise of Legends league. Also noteworthy is the Zero Hour league which is officially sponsored by ZBoard and has recently surpassed a quarter of a million clan matches to date.
We have been hosting a consistent clan ladder for C&C Renegade since 2002, which was an automatic league for several years, then was converted into a manual report league in summer last year.
It has recorded over 100,000 matches to date and has been revamped several times, the most recent of which was yesterday.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for your time - if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me at spoony@clanwars.cc.

#2 MaidenTy1

MaidenTy1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:03 PM

bump in case admins haven't seen it yet.

If it wasn't clear, the main reason I'm saying this is I've seen Olaf say a few times that if Renegade players want a ladder/clan ladder they should ask the community. I'm simply saying that Clanwars.cc has had great success and experience in managing gaming ladders, including Renegade -therefore are probably more suited to handle this than anyone else I can think of, so I suggest that Strike-Team could simply direct Renegade players to Clanwars.cc for Renegade clan support - perhaps with a link on your homepage and/or a mention in the XWIS login MotD? It would surely require minimal effort on Strike-Team's part and would make many Renegade players happier, I think, and leave them with the feeling that XWIS are supporting Renegade better.

Thanks,
Spoony

Edited by MaidenTy1, 03 June 2006 - 01:05 PM.

#3 DonCarlo

DonCarlo

Omertan

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18264 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

Hi Spoony
Yes, we know of clanwars.cc and have spoken to Pat via e-mail before.

This sounds like a good idea and we are happy to recommend the clan wars ladder via the websites and Ren MOTD

#4 Jelly

Jelly

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:42 PM

This would be a good idea, clanwars.cc is unknown to most people new to Renegade, this would help the word spread that there is a very good league setup. A few more active clans would be great for the league, active competition makes the game more fun in my opinion.
The Renegade community as a whole could benefit from a little more publicity for clanwars.cc.

#5 Sh0TGuNeR

Sh0TGuNeR

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

This is a very good idea, I have played on clanwars.cc for about a year on and off. The competition is great and I think that this will be a good way to bring more active players and active clans to the league.

-Sh0TGuNeR

#6 JTeKE

JTeKE

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

I've been apart of clanwars for about 4 years now and it's fueled my interest in gaming. When there's something to compete for and a way for you to get games (more specifically clan games); the game is much more fun and competitive. Because of the clanwars.cc system I find myself constantly coming back to renegade and the clanwars ladder after playing games such as battlefield 2 and ut2k4, and even half life 2.

#7 SpaZ

SpaZ

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:57 PM

i agree with spoony 100%, not only because he's a nice guy or because im a cw.cc player for renegade but becuase i would love to see new people participate in the league

#8 hammerh0

hammerh0

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

I agree spoon has a good point. Clanwars.cc would be good to handle the official renegade ladder, its always upto date and well organised.

#9 Tempozia

Tempozia

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:22 PM

Wow, I love Spoony's idea. Only a small effort would give Renegade a lot more active players. A big amount of gamers keep playing this game because of the fun in clanwars.

Thanks in advance.

#10 Heat

Heat

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:33 PM

XWIS has been giving a great service to the Renegade community. When it comes to keeping the server up, it seems to be doing a lot better job then EA. I just want to thank XWIS for its contribution.

I also like the idea spoony brings to mind. I have been on clanwars.cc for 2 and some odd months and it’s a great place to play and meet to people. More people coming into the league well create a lot more competition and a lot more fun overall for the renegade community.

I hope you consider Spoony’s proposal, he has a lot of dedication and is always helping the renegade community.

-Pat

#11 LurkerX

LurkerX

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

Yeah Great idea spoony

This Clanwars.CC will bring more people to Xwis (Renegade) and make XWIS more popular than before as alot of people would love the clanwars.cc ladder set on Renegade

I wouldn't mind a public ladder like WOL had...

I am also part of clanwars.cc

-UksRene

#12 Ne0ELiTE

Ne0ELiTE

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ne0

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:00 PM

I hate to say it, but Renegade has been dying slowly throughtout the years. I've been playing since back in November of 2002, just to let you all know where I'm comin from...but with spoony's awesome idea, it should help keep this game alive, and enlaarge the population of XWIS immensely! spoony kicks ****...and unfortunatly, i didnt need to help him out on this one, he figured it all out on his own ;) ...im out

#13 remek

remek

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • XWIS Name: adg

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:10 PM

There are many renegade clans that dont even know that a real clanwars league exists to play renegade more competitively. Spoony and Xwis ftw.

Edited by remek, 03 June 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#14 Trunks

Trunks

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:13 PM

yeah this is a great idea

it would only benefit the players

lets get the word out and increase the C&C competition :)

#15 Ando

Ando

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:43 AM

Hi Spoony
Yes, we know of clanwars.cc and have spoken to Pat via e-mail before.

This sounds like a good idea and we are happy to recommend the clan wars ladder via the websites and Ren MOTD

View Post

Thankyou for your support :D

#16 Orcaflam3

Orcaflam3

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

Im all for this idea and would love to see it actually implemented. You guys have put Renegade Ranks back up so why not Clan ranks while your at it ;) It will get more people interested in joining clans. Good thinking Spoon

Edited by Orcaflam3, 04 June 2006 - 10:03 AM.

#17 AhTeUhHhH

AhTeUhHhH

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • XWIS Name: AhT

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

I agree with spoony! I have been a ladder ****in the past and i can say that the clan games are really really funnier and the players are really better... but only a few people know about the clanwars.cc league that's why It would be a good idea to spread the word and bring more players to the league :D More we are, better it is!

AhT-

#18 JohnDoe

JohnDoe

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

I think it's a good idea as well. Clanwars.cc has been basically running the Renegade clanladder for years and now with the manual report league cracking down on cheaters, pointpushers, etc is easier than ever. The average joe however doesn't know about the existance of such a ladder and by including it into the XWIS message, a lot more people would get involved in the clanscene.

-Eric

#19 Wyld1USA

Wyld1USA

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

I too agree this would be a great process to implement and really give a boost to the game. It should be a normal part of XWIS being that it has been a part of the game as you can see for some time and well received.

Lets ramp up those efforts and get the emails flying to Pat!

Edited by Wyld1USA, 04 June 2006 - 02:13 PM.

#20 JamesBond000

JamesBond000

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:14 PM

I agree just for the hell of it cause everyone else is doing it!

#21 MaidenTy1

MaidenTy1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys :)

#22 blkstorm

blkstorm

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:48 AM

Without the existance of the Clan Wars ladder, I probably would have quit Renegade a looooong time ago, instead I find myself coming back every couple of months. I think it's like that for a lot of people, and that really keeps the game interesting and fun for everyone involved in the clan scene. Anyway to get new clans involved would be awesome, and it would only contribute to keeping this game alive longer. goroyals?

#23 CONFUZOR

CONFUZOR

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:06 AM

I've played on the Clan Wars ladder for a couple years now and it is alot of fun. The competition and excitement of clan games make you want to play for hours. This is definitely a great idea!

#24 h2halo

h2halo

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

I've been playing on cw.cc since March 2005. Actually, clanwars.cc is one of the reasons i didn't quit playing renegade after i got bored of public servers; getting more clans involved is a great idea.

#25 HiTMaN47

HiTMaN47

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:46 PM

I havent been playing clanwars on clanwars.cc for that long , but i can say it owns, i really recommend anyone that plays c&c renegade to begin on clanwars , u'll be so much better when u play with people who know exactly what their doing , and we have a great admin running it too( Spoony ) , i suggest Xwis admins make this public so everyone can have a nice time playing competetive in a league where u can even win prizes in, and everyone works in total co-operation in opposite to a public server.

I recommend it.

HiTMaN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users