25 replies to this topic

#1 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:59 AM

I'm having trouble being able to play online.

Heres what happens: I get my game up and I go into the Internet part and when I try to go into anything else from there (ex: quick match, my information, whatever) it gives me a message wich reads: "An upgrade is required for this game do you want to download it now?" and i click yes. Then it says "Connecting..." and "Downloading file 1 of 1 …" then the "Connecting..." changes to "Finding patch…" (and the "Downlading" part is still there). But then it doesnt do anything and after a little bit it says "The download failed, please check your connection and try again later."

I have tried a few things to fix this problem, but nothing has worked yet. I have tried turning off windows firewall and forwarding the needed ports on my router, and i even downladed the latest patches i could find find (RA2 1.006 patch) , but it still gives me the same messsage.

Is there anything else I can do? I would really like to play online.

#2 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:47 PM

Open a DOS box and execute the following commands:
ping xwis.net
tracert xwis.net
ping servserv.westwood.com
tracert servserv.westwood.com
telnet servserv.westwood.com 4005

View Post

I found someone else with a similar problem and this is what someone suggested they should do and report results. Well, i tried it and i got alot of "Request timed out." What does this mean? And what can I do?

#3 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:43 AM

I also just attempted the full uninstall and reinstall and I downloaded the patch from this site, but I still get the same results. Can anyone help please?

#4 Mikey

Mikey

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4751 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:55 AM

Got a router or firewall?

#5 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:11 PM

Yes I do have a router its a Netgear and im pretty sure i opened or forwarded all of the ports I needed to. And I have windows firewall and I think I put all of the ports I need on the exceptions list.

#6 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:14 AM

DUDE! I HAD THAT SAME EXACT PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP ME! SO here's my problem---that what I think is, I did Download that patch from the site, BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO MANAGE ACCOUNT IT SAY YURIS REVENGE CANT FIND SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that it was because I bought the 5 in one command and conquer pack, how can I get an account I WANT TO PLAY ONLINE, I AM SO TIRED OF PLAYING WITH A SILLY COMPUTER ive beaten the entire game in all modes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeee help me. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. HAVE MERCY

#7 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:15 AM

DUDE! I HAD THAT SAME EXACT PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP ME! SO here's my problem---

View Post

Open your own topic!

#8 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

sry im a newb how do i open my own topic?

ty

n...sry

#9 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:27 AM

NVM...

Crammill did you maybe get your RA2 and YR from a command and conquer collection with the 5 in 1???

#10 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:12 AM

No, i just have RA2 and YR together in a 3 (or 4) CD case. And on the front it says Command & Conquer Red Strike.

#11 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:51 AM

What I did was trying to download that patch, I just looke it up and got it from this website. After I got the patch--it's like something 1.001 or something--- I tried to manage an account and it wouldn't let me, it would keep saying that it cant finda connection and that I should turn the game off and on or something.

It keeps happening Lemme know if you have the same problem after you download the update patch.

#12 UNkeeper

UNkeeper

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:32 AM

I found someone else with a similar problem and this is what someone suggested they should do and report results.  Well, i tried it and i got alot of "Request timed out."  What does this mean? And what can I do?

View Post

By pass your router (i.e. plug directly into the modem) and then try it. Will this work? Hell, I don't know, but it will tell you if the problem is with your router or not.

#13 -SoQ-Warlock

-SoQ-Warlock

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

What ISP do you have?
xs4all?

#14 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

Hey listen up you know this DOS box thing that Olaf is talking about? (go to start ---run----cmd-----then type the stuff iun)

So..im doing the dos box thing I typed ping whatever and it responded to everything, but when I typed in Tracert for whatever it responded after two times and then it just went dead.I too got a bunch of REQUEST TIMED OUT.

Try and contact Olaf, He's good at this stuff and if you figure anething out lemme know, or if he tells you nething..

Thx man can't wait to play RA2 and YR

#15 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

That doesn't matter. :)
But this looks like a routing issue somewhere on the internet. You should contact your ISP and ask them for support with this. Tell them you can't access host servserv.westwood.com.

View Post

Seems like someone has had a problem with wireless or something.

If you use wireless try installing the game on a cable connected computer and test it out, that's what Im going to try

#16 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:17 AM

Ok heres the deal: I turned off windows firewall and I bypassed my router, but it still doesnt work. So it looks like the problem is with my ISP. I will try contacting them.

#17 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:38 AM

you have wireless internet?

#18 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:49 PM

you have wireless internet?

View Post

Myself, I have a wireless router from my internet connection to my computer but that doesnt seem to be the problem. But, are you asking if my ISP is wireless or whatever, I'm not sure.

#19 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:56 AM

First on RA2 go to internet part and make an account, then go to yuris,..... it should work.

Thats how I fixed mine..lol

#20 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:41 AM

Well, I found the problem and I can fix it. It looks like my anti virus stuff doesnt allow me to connect to the server, so when i have that turned off, i can connect fine.

But, now, I am getting the internal error message when i try to connect to a game, so i will try following the suggestions to fix that error.

#21 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:06 PM

k

#22 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:57 PM

Has anyone had success in fixing the internal error problem? Ive tried a few of the suggestions, but nothing has worked yet.

#23 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

when you were doing Dos Box key under what command were you getting lots of request times out

#24 cramill

cramill

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

when i did the two ping ones i only got Request timed out, and on the two tracert ones I got request timed out from the 2nd line on, and on the telnet one it just said telnet servserv.westwood.com on the title bar and the screen was black and it had the blinking cursor thing on the top left and it seemed to do nothing, and when I typed anything and pressed enter it said something like unknown command and a little further down it said connection to host lost.

#25 death_seeker

death_seeker

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:21 AM

call your server n tell em that you cant trace xwis.net n the other one, they can help you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users