6 replies to this topic

#1 Usilusken

Usilusken

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:05 PM

Ok first of all i bought The First Decade, and uninstalled all C&C things before i installed it

I tried to play ra1 online and used this guide http://xwis.net/nuke/html/index.php
i also downloaded and installed the wol tool that the guide tells me to do.

when i try to connect with the tool i get:

Login to XCC Online failed!
Strike Team: http://xwis.net/
Your serial number has been marked as invalid. Please visit Strike Team for more information (SID: 5681).

and at the same time the wol tool crashes, windows xp tells me the program has encountered an error and must be terminated.

i can play TS online without problems, but that doesn't use this tool.
one thing that crossed my mind is that i don't have ipx installed, but seriously, is that required for online play?

what do i do to fix this? this question shouldn't really be on this forums if EA had done their fu(king job...

Edited by Usilusken, 17 February 2006 - 09:08 PM.

#2 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13436 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:26 PM

Did you try XWIS before?

#3 Usilusken

Usilusken

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:42 AM

not this tool, only ra2

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13436 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:08 AM

Run http://xwis.net/downloads/XWISC.exe and click Reset.

#5 Usilusken

Usilusken

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:22 PM

thanks for the help Olaf, i did as you told me and the tool works fine with the wol ip (reset button). But when i exit the tool, press set (xwis button), and start it again it crashes at the same place as before.

when logged in to the wol server i also tried to disable everything in "preferences" in the tool, and then tried it with xwis, but it didn't work.

i also tried to run the tool in compatibility mode (win 95 and then win NT4) but it made no difference =)

maybe xwis server uses some different protocols or something that original wol doesn't, and it doesn't work on my computer. i have no idea, just guessing...
I have lan internet connection (Swedish ISP: BBB 100/10), so no adsl or cable or anything. but that shouldn't really be the problem either...

if anyone knows a solution to this little problem i would be very happy =)
Am i alone with this problem or has anyone encountered it before? (that the tool crashes when logging in)

Edited by Usilusken, 18 February 2006 - 01:36 PM.

#6 DonCarlo

DonCarlo

Omertan

• ST Retirees
  • 18264 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

thanks for the help Olaf, i did as you told me and the tool works fine with the wol ip (reset button). But when i exit the tool, press set (xwis button), and start it again it crashes at the same place as before.

maybe xwis server uses some different protocols or something that original wol doesn't, and it doesn't work on my computer. i have no idea, just guessing...

if anyone knows a solution to this little problem i would be very happy =)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do not need to press SET any more.
WOL is no longer exists and all traffic automatically gets directed to XWIS.

So press RESET again then chuck the connectiom tool in the recycle bin and go play :)

#7 Usilusken

Usilusken

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

oh

i hope EA pay you guys for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users