14 replies to this topic

#1 i0ncl0ud9

i0ncl0ud9

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:26 AM

Hey I'm new to the forums and was hoping to see if anyone could reply on how the process of converting everything from Wol to XWIS for Renegade was coming along. I know you guys are working hard and am sure it will be great when everything gets done. Can anyone post on when this will be completely finished? Also, will everything be the same as far as not having to download anything manually... (will current wol users just be able to get an automatic patch that will set up XWIS for them?) If someone could provide me with a timeline, it would be much appreciated

#2 nastorm

nastorm

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

I'm also wondering some of the questions, especially as to when this is going to happen. There are already people posting on sites that Ren is now redirected and posting redirection downloads but I'm a little skeptical until I see something from either you guys or on the Ren Public Forums.

#3 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13438 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

No downloads will be necessary when the redirection happens.

#4 nastorm

nastorm

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:34 PM

Yeah that was my biggest reason to be skeptical was because they said this would be behind the scenes so to speak and I found it odd that they said there was a download. People are just finding that they can already connect to XWIS but that's a choice but they think that it's the final switch.

#5 Im#NuMBeR1

Im#NuMBeR1

Strike Team

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4977 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

Renegade has not yet been redirected.

#6 riz

riz

Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts
  • XWIS Name: riz

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:32 AM

it should be noted and spread amongst the renegade community that your wol clans will be no more, you should try and begin the migration process asap and claim your clan names etc before someone else does.

#7 CaRpTmNcH

CaRpTmNcH

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

Does anyone have a date on when the redirection for Renegade will be??

#8 -SoQ-Hugoku

-SoQ-Hugoku

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

Clans... most of us [probably] already did that. What we're waiting for is the completion of the migration.

#9 H0CKEYGUY

H0CKEYGUY

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • XWIS Name: xalterego

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:27 PM

Ok here is one for you ..say you have to reinstall renegade and when you have to patch it after its installed... xwiss dosent suport the patch ... how do you get it then ? reset the tool for WOL ? or do you have a speical place in mind for us to down load the update ? :chair:

Edited by ALTEREGO, 12 November 2005 - 08:28 PM.

#10 XTF

XTF

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • XWIS Name: xtf

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:05 AM

ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/renegade/updates/

#11 Tw1X

Tw1X

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:35 PM

we need a ladder... that would be awsome and bring a **** load of ren players back

#12 Blkhand11

Blkhand11

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:46 PM

yes indeed a clan ladder would bring many players back to renegade :).

#13 W0nNaPl4y

W0nNaPl4y

Colonel

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6952 posts
  • XWIS Name: W0nNaPl4y

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:14 PM

Hey I'm new to the forums and was hoping to see if anyone could reply on how the process of converting everything from Wol to XWIS for Renegade was coming along.  I know you guys are working hard and am sure it will be great when everything gets done.  Can anyone post on when this will be completely finished?  Also, will everything be the same as far as not having to download anything manually... (will current wol users just be able to get an automatic patch that will set up XWIS for them?)  If someone could provide me with a timeline, it would be much appreciated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm also wondering some of the questions, especially as to when this is going to happen. There are already people posting on sites that Ren is now redirected and posting redirection downloads but I'm a little skeptical until I see something from either you guys or on the Ren Public Forums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I SMELL OLDSCHOOL REN PLAYERS!

How r u m8s still playing renegade?

#14 CaRpTmNcH

CaRpTmNcH

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:30 PM

I SMELL OLDSCHOOL REN PLAYERS!

How r u m8s still playing renegade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bet ur @ss we are!! Renegade rules! I know i have a biased opinion, but it is a great game! Since XWIS take over there has been less lag and a lot smoother gameplay in the servers!! Once Everything is in it's "official" place Renegade should rock better than ever!!!

#15 Knit

Knit

Former Strike Team Analyser/Admin

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3708 posts
  • XWIS Name: Knit

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:51 AM

I'm also an old-school ex-Renegade player! Let's dance. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users