#176 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrono69x

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:13 PM

That's kind of hard, but it makes sense after you hear the explaination.
with sups and without sups Allies win.

mirage + prism + harriers + BF + robot tanks.
vs
gats + mags + UFO + MM + brutes.

Ok, so lets say you guys meet in the middle of a flat piece of terrain (the perfect map) and you battle it out.
The Gats can only do so much, so lets say they're focusing in on the mirages, but since the mirages are stationary the MM isn't quite mind controlling them. The BF is also hitting the UFO(s) and making them run back a bit. The harriers can come in and pick off mags. And the SEAL(s) in the BF can take out brutes. (if he masses brutes with the genetic mutator you can get a few SEAL IFV's).
So now the Yuri has no brutes (seals) and no Mags.
You have everything still (both sides take casualties when it comes to gats and mags). Your prisms will be firing at the gats now (the mags are gone) along with the mirages. and the prisms + mirages will beat the gats because of the prism splash damage and the mirages damage vs tanks. The BF can still take out the UFOs and the robot tanks can start moving up to kill the MM(s).
Then the supers come into play. the Genetic mutator = basically infinate money for a Yuri, and that might turn the tide in his favor if he can out produce you. But the chronosphere is a great weapon vs Yuri. 9 prism tanks > all structures and since Yuri can't gap, you can get spysat and see the perfect spot for you to chrono into. You can take out his con yard and at least two other structures before he can kill all of your men, and if you manage to take out PPs that means he has low power and can't use his sups.
Or you could take out anything else he just so happens to have one of (ex. he has one grinder, you could take that out and now he can't make a new mcv or grind his initiates for infinate money).
The Psychic Dominater does just that, it dominates. Depending on how he uses everything else, That's probably your largest threat. It can take over units, and take out structures, all within a second (you have no warning, so therefore no time to put up your shield).

#177 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:33 PM

well he didn't, get over it

#178 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:34 PM

You quoted me then said you. that would mean me.

You (sealdrake) were the first person i saw that had said that, so Your quote (what sealdrake had said) was being used as an example for the general You (community) to see. If Blee had said that i would have still said You (as in reference to the entire community). If you'd (sealdrake) like, i will go back and edit it and say
"somebody has a sniper ifv" or "ok so the community has a sniper ifv" just so you (sealdrake) wont get confused about this stupid thing anymore...

EDIT: in fact why dont you (sealdrake) read through that post and count how many times i said "you". Do you (sealdrake) honestly think every one of those is meant to mean "you" in the way that you (sealdrake) interpreted it ?

Edited by Chrono69x, 25 January 2004 - 07:37 PM.

#179 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:24 PM

You ****.

(Am i referring to chrono, or the person reading this message?  :D)

impossible to tell, which is why i clarified mine in the post right after :)

Edited by Chrono69x, 25 January 2004 - 08:25 PM.

#180 BOUNCER

BOUNCER

Security Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4255 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:42 PM

spam removed, only post stuff it its gonna help the other player .

#181 tottie_ba

tottie_ba

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tottie

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:16 PM

Yuri is overpowered there is no way allies would own a yuri player when they players are equal skilled even when you play on a big map like heck freezes without sups.

For the inbalance discussing i would mention that when a game is balanced it means every (group of)unit(s) has his anti (group of) unit(s) for example:

masses desos Get killed on yuri by seal bf

On yuri every kind of attack can be defended by an anti attack

Chrono and everyone else who claims ra2 is balanced tell me the defense unit for allies against 15+ desos in a flak ? You cant use planes or rockies if the sov player is a smart guy. Maybe you can counter desos but you will lose always more than the sov player if he plays right .

If you mention the yuri team well i would agree with you that ra2 owns but yuriplayers are rare on yuri nowadays.

#182 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

HiJacked by Indy =] Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10847 posts
  • XWIS Name: Blee

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:25 PM

For the inbalance discussing i would mention that when a game is balanced it means every (group of)unit(s) has his anti (group of) unit(s) for example:

No, there are other factors to consider than unit counters, such as price, Build time etc.

#183 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

No, there are other factors to consider than unit counters, such as price, Build time etc.

^^ exactly.

And tottie, why can't you use planes or rockies? Planes take out flacks, rockies take out desos.
Btw, even if a deso flack got through, your tanks could take out the flack and run away (some will get hurt of course) then repair the tanks that DID get hurt with repair IFVs..

But again, Planes and rockies DO work.

#184 tottie_ba

tottie_ba

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:27 PM

I agree and that is exactly the reason why allies can stop sov late game on ra2.

Chrono you need 2 harriers for every flak if he goes 3 flaks for every harrier he will win the battle. 2 harriers are 2400 on ra2 and 3 flaks are 1800 so lets say he will make an extra flak for the rockies.

+ sovs have better miners on both ra2 and yuri but yuri has some maps where sovs hardly cant get close to the ore late game so allied miners are better there.

WW thought that sov and allies were balanced but they never realised that sovs can stretch to the ore.

For your point blee
Allied units are generally very expensive take for example rockies and the grizzly tank. Rockies are 600 and get killed by an unit who is 600 or 500 ffs i am not sure about the flak price.

Sov miner> allied miner by far
Built time is more balanced on ra2 but the price of those products and the miner issue made built speed irrelevant.

I agree with you all that allies can beat a sovs on ra2 but you need to be a hell of a player to do it. I think ra2 and yuri are both inbalanced but it is easier to play with the yuri inbalance i rather play a yuri player as allies on heck than a sov player as allies on heck on ra2. Just because in theorie i can beat a yuri there.

Edited by tottie, 25 January 2004 - 11:28 PM.

#185 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:30 PM

I agree and that is exactly the reason why allies can stop sov  late game on ra2.

Chrono you need 2 harriers for every flak if he goes 3 flaks for every harrier he will win the battle. 2 harriers are 2400 on ra2 and 3 flaks are 1800 so lets say he will make an extra flak for the rockies.

+ sovs have better miners on both ra2 and yuri but yuri has some maps where sovs hardly cant get close to the ore late game so allied miners are better there.

WW thought that sov and allies were balanced but they never realised that sovs can stretch to the ore.

For your point blee
price allied units are generally very expensive take for example rockies and the grizzly tank. Rockies are 600 and get killed by an unit who is 600 or 500 ffs i am not sure about the flak price.

Sov miner> allied miner by far
Built time is more balanced on ra2 but the price of those products and the miner issue made built speed irrelevant.

I agree with you all that allies can beat a sovs on ra2 but you need to be a hell of a player to do it. I think ra2 and yuri are both inbalanced but it is easier to play with the yuri inbalance i rather play a yuri player as allies on heck than a sov player as allies on heck on ra2. Just because in theorie i can beat a yuri there.

There's no way that anybody can convince you otto. People have tried but you just can't accept it.

Yes, allies have to be better, but it's really not that much of a "better". He only needs to be slightly better.

And remember playing as allies and as sovs are two different things. Sovs are being able to control your desos and Rhinos very well. If i can't control my desos and rhinos well, but i know where to place drops and can move rockies around very well, wouldn't allies be easier for me ?

Btw, why dont you take a look at the top 10 RA2 XWIS ladder. Almost half of the top 10 are allied players. And after talking to all of them every one of them have said that they like allies 1000 times more than sovs....really says something about allies sucking huh ?

Edited by Chrono69x, 25 January 2004 - 11:32 PM.

#186 tottie_ba

tottie_ba

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:36 PM

Tell me who is better with allies instead of sovs here ? Take for example i suck on ra2 i admit but my best team here is sovs by far and that counts for everyone. Maybe i played yuri for too long and i need to give ra2 a good try but i am talking about theory.

#187 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:39 PM

Tell me who is better with allies instead of sovs here ? Take for example i suck on ra2 i admit but my best team here is sovs by far and that counts for everyone. Maybe i played yuri for too long and i need to give ra2 a good try but i am talking about theory.

me for one.

EDIT:

here's a convo between me and veg just now.

Chrono69x [--BA--] - ! says:
r u better as allies or as sovs ?
-Dave! Pull up ur pants, we need an Ambulance, theres's a girl upstairs talking to plants- says:
allies
-Dave! Pull up ur pants, we need an Ambulance, theres's a girl upstairs talking to plants- says:
i think

Edited by Chrono69x, 25 January 2004 - 11:41 PM.

#188 tottie_ba

tottie_ba

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

Well maybe he never played with sovs but that sounds weird to me its like the fact that everyone is better with yuri

#189 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:01 AM

Well maybe he never played with sovs but that sounds weird to me its like the fact that everyone is better with yuri

he has a name that's rank 3 that's sovs, and a name that's rank 2 that's allies :)

#190 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:03 AM

multiple warf with allie on ra2 owns.

#191 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:17 AM

That's kind of hard, but it makes sense after you hear the explaination.

vs

Ok, so lets say you guys meet in the middle of a flat piece of terrain (the perfect map) and you battle it out.
The Gats can only do so much, so lets say they're focusing in on the mirages, but since the mirages are stationary the MM isn't quite mind controlling them. The BF is also hitting the UFO(s) and making them run back a bit. The harriers can come in and pick off mags. And the SEAL(s) in the BF can take out brutes. (if he masses brutes with the genetic mutator you can get a few SEAL IFV's).
You have everything still (both sides take casualties when it comes to gats and mags). Your prisms will be firing at the gats now (the mags are gone) along with the mirages. and the prisms + mirages will beat the gats because of the prism splash damage and the mirages damage vs tanks. The BF can still take out the UFOs and the robot tanks can start moving up to kill the MM(s).
Then the supers come into play. the Genetic mutator = basically infinate money for a Yuri, and that might turn the tide in his favor if he can out produce you. But the chronosphere is a great weapon vs Yuri. 9 prism tanks > all structures and since Yuri can't gap, you can get spysat and see the perfect spot for you to chrono into. You can take out his con yard and at least two other structures before he can kill all of your men, and if you manage to take out PPs that means he has low power and can't use his sups.
Or you could take out anything else he just so happens to have one of (ex. he has one grinder, you could take that out and now he can't make a new mcv or grind his initiates for infinate money).
The Psychic Dominater does just that, it dominates. Depending on how he uses everything else, That's probably your largest threat. It can take over units, and take out structures, all within a second (you have no warning, so therefore no time to put up your shield).

ok ok, my turn ^_^

first of all, Ra2 is not balanced. Allies are way shitter than soviets. And soviets can in late game, when they make cloning vats and like 50 deso <_< ....
And I never tried the apoc deso rush but i guess it's unstoppabble.

Now, with allies against yuri on a big map, allies actually WHOOP the yuri. Now people think yuri is easy to use, easy to own, easy everything. Yuri is ****ing hard and ****ing **** to use. Allies on a big map should win against yuri specially if supers r on.

agreed there.

vs

Don't need mirage, only 5 or so as soon as you get your lab. Harriers are nothat crutial because of yuri's great anti air, so unless you got shitloads of money, don't make harriers. Definitely don't need BF and DEFINITELY don't need robot tanks. They key is to make mass prisms. Mass prisms owns everything in yuri's arsenal. The only problem left is floating disk. DON"T MAKE BF to counter UFo's. BF's suck against yuri, you learn that after a while. TO counter UFO u make ggi ifv. Ctrl shift it away from the disks, they get their **** wooped. Remmber don't wait ages to tech, and as soon as you do, go for chronosphere. Hell, if you are sure they aren't gonna rush, don't make anymore grrizlies, go for lab to save money. Then make 4 or 5 mirage, then start mass prism.

With your scenario... I think a good yuri should win :lol:
Because you are doing the wrong things.
With the BF, what woulda you do, if i brought my disks forward so the BF is shooting the disks, then mag it with 1 mag, use my other mags by doing ctrl shift, bring my gatts and MM forward. The BF shoots the disks, then i drop it, mindcontrol it, u try to bring your mirage, they'll be magged cause of the ctrl shift, most of them destroyed by gatts, maybe mincontrolled, and I still have my disk. And if you had more than 1 BF, I could of did same thing. With the harriers, you can always move mags back, and the gattlings and disks will whoop them. Which leaves you very ****ed.

So the best way to beat yuri is chrosphere as you can, first wave of attacked get their dominator if they made one, ot try at least. Maybe MCV or other prodution buildings. Could even get their PP's if they put them all in 1 spot. Don't make BF, make ggi ifv. Don't make Robot Tanks. Make harriers only if you got shitloads of money. Make 4-5 mirage when u tech at first only. The key to winning is mass prisms. With GGi IFV,, use ctrl shift and click away from the disk.

#192 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:21 AM

me ^_^

#193 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:45 AM

With your scenario... I think a good yuri should win
With the BF, what woulda you do, if i brought my disks forward so the BF is shooting the disks, then mag it with 1 mag, use my other mags by doing ctrl shift, bring my gatts and MM forward. The BF shoots the disks, then i drop it, mindcontrol it, u try to bring your mirage, they'll be magged cause of the ctrl shift, most of them destroyed by gatts, maybe mincontrolled, and I still have my disk. And if you had more than 1 BF, I could of did same thing. With the harriers, you can always move mags back, and the gattlings and disks will whoop them. Which leaves you very ****ed.

So the best way to beat yuri is chrosphere as you can, first wave of attacked get their dominator if they made one, ot try at least. Maybe MCV or other prodution buildings. Could even get their PP's if they put them all in 1 spot. Don't make BF, make ggi ifv. Don't make Robot Tanks. Make harriers only if you got shitloads of money. Make 4-5 mirage when u tech at first only. The key to winning is mass prisms. With GGi IFV,, use ctrl shift and click away from the disk.

your whole first paragraph is under the impression that the mags are still alive...

The gats are shooting at the mirages, the mags can START magging ****, but harriers are bombing them (the harriers live because the gats are shooting the mirages, not harriers...) a couple harriers might die after they bomb, but usually you dont MASS mags, since they can ctrl shift **** anyway. Usually there is about 4 mags tops so there is more than enough harriers to make sure mags are dead (and if you're korea, all the better).
if you move them back they wont be magging anything, so they're useless anyway...so what if i just leave my planes hovering right behind my things for the whole battle? You're not magging anything and im not bombing anything. When you do move them i i wont tell my planes to kill them because that's what you want, i'll wait until you actually start doing something with your mags.
Either way your mags are screwed...
By the way since you fast teched and its a large map you have the money to afford more than enough ****, so why not have 2 AFC's full of harriers or even better Black Eagles?
You can take out the mags in the battle with 4 of the BE's, make sure the mags are taken out with them, and if they're not then you can bring in the other 4. If the mags are taken out, you can elimate a MM or so with the rest...

Mass prisms will own just about anything, tour of egypt proved this. however it's not practical to use mass prisms all the time. The scenario i described however IS practical. What's wrong with Robot tanks? can't be mind controlled, can travel over water...i dont see why you wouldn't use them. What's wrong with 1 BF, as long as there's no mag (which i elimated right away) there will be almost no threat to it.

Edited by Chrono69x, 26 January 2004 - 12:46 AM.

#194 tottie_ba

tottie_ba

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:47 AM

Allies doesnt own yuri late game thats an illusion they have a better chance the only scenario where allied have more than 30 % chance against yuri is on meatgrinder mod and when you are gb.

You are right about the prisms but a good yuri would never give you the time to get so many prisms

About 5 mirage i think 5 mirage are not strong enough to stop an attack from yuri at that time period you need atleast 10 and maybe 15.

The bf is good for base defense against discs but for unit defense you need ggi ifv.

Oke about the chronosphere i say this NEVER USE CHRONO FOR YOUR OWN UNITS AGAINST YURI AND HARDLY NEVER AGAINST SOVS OR ALLIES.

The best chrono tactic is attack him at his base and when he groups his units ( he is forced to do if you attack him) chrono is units away to the other side of the map or into the water. I gave good yuri players like vespi, martijni,jokujak and some others a real hard job to beat me late game at those days because when you do it once the yuri player becomes scared and he will try to make more groups from his tanks and try to get you from different sides what is very hard to do . btw and you can still chrono some tanks away.

If they gave chrono the same time as iron curtain well i think the chrono would own ic because ic is not that good compared to the chrono. Sometimes when i faced a sovs who made a ic i just waited until he groups his tanks for using ic and i transferred them into water. WW knew that chrono is overpowered so they gave ic less time what made it slightly better.

If you decide to chrono your tank to the opponements base always send a tanja bf /ifv with you because tanja is awesome when she is near your opponements base.

Too bad i am not that good with yuri anymore otherwise i would like to show you how overpowered yuri is late game. A good yuri will go masses discs and try to make a couple mm s for the ggi ifv. Nothing can beat mindcontrol it is because yuri clones are rarely used on ra2 otherswise sovs would be more overpowered over there. Yuri clones are ownage fodder especially when you face the ordinary ra2 allies who goes for straight grizz and prefer extra warfac above lab.

#195 tottie_ba

tottie_ba

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:50 AM

With your scenario... I think a good yuri should win

your whole first paragraph is under the impression that the mags are still alive...

The gats are shooting at the mirages, the mags can START magging ****, but harriers are bombing them (the harriers live because the gats are shooting the mirages, not harriers...) a couple harriers might die after they bomb, but usually you dont MASS mags, since they can ctrl shift **** anyway. Usually there is about 4 mags tops so there is more than enough harriers to make sure mags are dead (and if you're korea, all the better).
if you move them back they wont be magging anything, so they're useless anyway...so what if i just leave my planes hovering right behind my things for the whole battle? You're not magging anything and im not bombing anything. When you do move them i i wont tell my planes to kill them because that's what you want, i'll wait until you actually start doing something with your mags.
Either way your mags are screwed...
By the way since you fast teched and its a large map you have the money to afford more than enough ****, so why not have 2 AFC's full of harriers or even better Black Eagles?
You can take out the mags in the battle with 4 of the BE's, make sure the mags are taken out with them, and if they're not then you can bring in the other 4. If the mags are taken out, you can elimate a MM or so with the rest...

Mass prisms will own just about anything, tour of egypt proved this. however it's not practical to use mass prisms all the time. The scenario i described however IS practical. What's wrong with Robot tanks? can't be mind controlled, can travel over water...i dont see why you wouldn't use them. What's wrong with 1 BF, as long as there's no mag (which i elimated right away) there will be almost no threat to it.

In theory you are right but there is no player out here who can beat mags with planes if both players are equal skilled.

#196 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:53 AM

In theory you are right but there is no player out here who can beat mags with planes if both players are equal skilled.

to say "in theory im right" then saying "if they're equal skilled" is kind of contradicting.

My theory specifically says that both players are equal.

I bet i could manage to kill a mag with a plane.

#197 tottie_ba

tottie_ba

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:03 AM

Not without losing a plane and 1 mag doesnt matter anyway because I will simply go for some extra mags. If you are right well why dont you use rockies too then?

#198 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:05 AM

Chrono can u play YR now, I can show you. I'm on as CyReNiUsX on USA server. And the problem with robot tanks is that they need power, and it's too risky... I could see you using them because they can float on water, but that is about it.

And BF is not worth the money.

And trust me, it's REALLY hard to kill a good yuri plauers mags with planes. REALL Y hard, and usually not cost effective.

Can you go on YR now?

#199 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:32 AM

,Jan 25 2004, 06:05 PM] Chrono can u play YR now, I can show you. I'm on as CyReNiUsX on USA server. And the problem with robot tanks is that they need power, and it's too risky... I could see you using them because they can float on water, but that is about it.

And BF is not worth the money.

And trust me, it's REALLY hard to kill a good yuri plauers mags with planes. REALL Y hard, and usually not cost effective.

Can you go on YR now?

i could...but that would mean i have to find the disks and reinstall .. again...
Too much of a hassel.

Instead i'll just take your word for it :)

And tottie...im done. Really.

You wont listen to anyone but yourself about anything. Even at BA forums, you had guys like sydro, ajb, oldbold, whoever else, all saying the things im saying now, any you didn't listen to them then. So i wont expect you to now either.

Edited by Chrono69x, 26 January 2004 - 01:34 AM.

#200 fonger

fonger

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4478 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:40 AM

totties right. totties always right, suft noobs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users