#1 bloodr4yn

bloodr4yn

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:15 PM

Dear Olaf, Admins and Gamers!

I have the feeling to play a little more RA2 :) after i played it more then 10 years, stopped in 2013, tried to come back in 2015 but didn't worked.

As i see correctly, Olaf from the old Admins is still activ here, so Hi Olaf!:) I'm sure You don't remember me from the thousands of players, but i do remember You!

My frist question is, how much activity is on the server in RA2 right now? Is it worth to come back to play QM-s?!
I found the ladder, and see the difference in the points compared to the "old days". On the 5th day of the month, top10 had like 7-900pts :)

I have lost all my skill cause of not playin for years, thats for sure. So its good to me if the players are a bit easier today :)

Second is, what do i need, to play the game. I still have the original game and serial, but last time i was here in 2015, there was some kind of complet file, that contained the game,
the auto ss thing, the new maps etc. So a little help would be great in "how to come back on strike-team/xwis"
I use win10 if that matters.

The third thing is that im looking for a player, a very good player, his most used nick name was Emanuel. Mostly allied player, finished in top20.
He was very kind and friendly, and speaked englis very vell! (not likem me)

So thats all, i hope that i find someone, at least Olaf, and the way to get back in game.
There is no chance to become as good as i was when played all day every day :D but i would be fun to see and hear the old things from the game.

Whoever took the time to read this on a 20years old game topic, thank You!

- str4tegix

#2 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13442 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

Whoever took the time to read this on a 20years old game topic, thank You!

You're welcome.

I use win10 if that matters.

It matters a lot, unfortunately. You might need to download some directdraw patch DLL... :(

The one file install you might be talking about can be found @ http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

Activity is at a record low..

#3 TAK02

TAK02

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • XWIS Name: TAK02

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:35 PM

Everyone has either moved on from RA2 onto TW/RA3, moved to other franchises, or is using the fancy CnCNet client and those shiny mods like MO.

#4 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4976 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

the above statement is false. 

A number of us still play ra2 and use custom tournament games mostly to play ranked games. You can also arrange to play qm's with someone, but its not really possible to just wait in Qm and get a steady amound of games (or any games)

here is a dropbox link to a "Win 10 XWIS ra2" which includes the auto ss, new maps, reso patch etc + the .dll that Olaf mentioned so you can play on win- I would recommend installing this version into a seperate directory and making sure ra2.exe. red alert 2.exe and game.exe are being run as admin and compatibility with XP sp3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nojoe84h8966sn1/XWIS%20RA2%20W10.zip?dl=0

best bet to meet up with other players is here at the XWIS ra2 discord- come join us all there :)

welcome back 

https://discord.gg/kQkvBp

#5 rick

rick

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:07 PM

welcome back

#6 bloodr4yn

bloodr4yn

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:50 PM

First of all, Thank You guys, for the activity here!:)

My VGA just died last week, new one arriving in 2 days. I try to install the game as soon as my pc is back online!

Rumblesom, so all i have to do, is download all the files from your link, and use Red Alert 2.exe to install the game (with my valid serial number i guess?!)(and use the dll files as well)

Would You mind to send me the discord invitation again?! I just ran out of time to join, and its expired :(

Hope to see You guys online!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users