#1 ItsJustLogic

ItsJustLogic

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:59 AM

Hey folks,

I am just starting to play a little again after about 5-years of inactivity. I remember a while back (not sure how long) there was a resolution patch for QM so you could play in whatever resolution you want. Where can I find this? Im not familiar with this new forum, back when I played the forum was called Strike Team or something. Thanks.

#2 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:09 AM

If you download and install the game from here, you won't need the resolution patch: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177134-downloads/

#3 ItsJustLogic

ItsJustLogic

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:12 AM

Is there another option? While I do appreciate your response I have already bought and downloaded the game through origin and having two copies on my computer and going through all of the schenanigans to delete one seems a little excessive if there is a copy of just the patch out there.

Edited by ItsJustLogic, 13 June 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#4 hardman

hardman

Commander

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

AFAIK you are able to have both copys of the game installed at the same time.

#5 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4958 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:18 PM

@logic install the xwis version to a different folder- no need to delete and the install for xwis ra2 is very quick

#6 ItsJustLogic

ItsJustLogic

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

Alright thanks guys. I was more worried about disc space. I prefer to clean as I go so it doesnt get cluttered with a  bunch of useless files. I will just download the xwis version. I have another question about finding nicks of previously banned players to see if they are ban dodging. Should I start a different thread? I think I encountered a kid who is dodging and using the same hacks as before. 

#7 ItsJustLogic

ItsJustLogic

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

Great now I have the black screen issue again after an hour of fooling around and doing the recommended Windows 10 fix. /:

#8 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4958 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:03 AM

Win10 is the devil

#9 ItsJustLogic

ItsJustLogic

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:14 AM

I agree. I dont even use Windows on my personal computer. I use Linux. But I thought it would be fun to play again after so much time so I put in on my GF computer lol.

#10 St0erte

St0erte

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:30 PM

I agree. I dont even use Windows on my personal computer. I use Linux. But I thought it would be fun to play again after so much time so I put in on my GF computer lol.

You can play it on a virtual machine on your linux system. ;)

No joke! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users