#101 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

to be honest who cares xwis never really supported yuri finally someone is and i'am thankful for that. will continue playing on cncnet and gr but god damn it miss quick matchs :D

If cncnet where to develop ladders, XWIS would be a ghost town.

#102 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

If cncnet where to develop ladders, XWIS would be a ghost town.

What if they were trying to?

#103 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

What if they were trying to?

Then XWIS needs to change in order to survive.

#104 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

yup kick olaf off xwis it will change lol

#105 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Then XWIS needs to change in order to survive.

Too late for that, everything that has needed to change since 2006 has been pretty much done within a few months on CnCNet.

XWIS has lost it's charm to many, including a diehard fan such as myself. I've played casually since 2004/05. Now I haven't logged into XWIS games in over a month or so.

There's the same annoying players to flame me or greet me when I get on with a 20 minute waiting time to get reasonable games, even on the ever so popular Mount Olympus ones.

The only best case solution would be for the remaining XWIS dedicated staff to consider joining with CnCNet, if the staff were to stay to see the slow decay of the server's population then it will only end up killing any motivation that's left. Instead of wasting all the experience gained here from all the years this good service has been running, it should be directed into something that has a future.

When the fans of the game don't get what they need or want then the server will die.

#106 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

:suicide: darn all this nerd talk

#107 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Checking in. Why hasn't the merger occurred yet? Something tells me the reason is, quite simply, Olaf.  

#108 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7089 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Man, Olaf was not even able to put the W/L stats per map and faction back for the joy of us as players.

Even with several st polls were all the players agreed with it.

His only awnser in 7 years time was : ''to clean up the ladder' the most ridicalous awnser i ever heard cause the more stats the better, but this guy has been so stubborn all these years he never did it.

So thinking he would do something to merger and make the players happy is just stupid, it will never happen, he is this way and he will never change.

Edited by Mikoz, 24 March 2015 - 08:55 PM.

#109 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8535 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

I don't want to be a reactionary and insist that Olaf is the source of the problems. Perhaps he knows things we don't. However, CNCNet seems like an excellent place to play at if it is supporting YR FFG's with as many players as the SS's show. Go CNCNet Go!  Perhaps someday I will get on and play, I can only hope it survives until the day I want to play again (and have time :p). 

#110 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

Mikoz still talking about W/L stats per map, the only thing he cares about...

#111 eZiz

eZiz

[Da-d-y] Leader.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2268 posts
  • XWIS Name: FFS

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:15 PM

weren't you involved when xwis got hacked frequenzy? im pretty sure you were involved, why are you being persuasive about xwis joining cncnet ?? sending your slaves to make topics to advertise cncnet, very pathetic you know? your hatred is very obvious, stop making topics and stop talking about your new server,

cncnet or to be accurate your server will never be like xwis and no server will be, if as you say its too late for xwis to be changed and that cncnet is better than go play there and focus on your own server rather than focusing on sending slaves and trying to take players from one server to another, i give you my word man, your server will never be like xwis, nor your server leaders will be like olaf who you dont like or most people dont like

do not talk about other servers having +22k players or more or less or whatever number of players they have, it was never about quantity, its about quality, 2-3 players from xwis are worth all of the other servers, because all the other servers are full of new/decent players, but pro players? i have no doubt that all of the other servers dont even have 1 pro player, its not olaf's problem that youre afraid to play tourny/qm/cm games

your way of trying to say/claim that cncnet is better than xwis is very pathetic and you know yourself its not correct, there is no need for a change in xwis in order to increase activity, olaf doesnt force you to pay money to play online, you have many other options/servers, the game is very old and olaf is already doing well, keeping it running without cheaters

and just because you cant make your server an anti-cheat server like xwis doesnt mean you come here and send your slaves to advertise and beg for a merge, very cool how youre being so persuasive about it because you want to benefit from the work of olaf who worked really well in keeping the server alive and anti-cheat for years and still going

very annoying you guys complain about olaf, if not for him you guys wouldnt be playing the last 10 years or so, i recommend that if any1 wants to play in other servers go play and stop advertising for other servers, this is not an advertising forum k? bye

#112 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13417 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

Checking in. Why hasn't the merger occurred yet? Something tells me the reason is, quite simply, Olaf.

Sure, what else could it possibly be?

weren't you involved when xwis got hacked frequenzy? im pretty sure you were involved, why are you being persuasive about xwis joining cncnet ?? sending your slaves to make topics to advertise cncnet, very pathetic you know? your hatred is very obvious, stop making topics and stop talking about your new server,

XWIS was never hacked though we have suffered from denial of service attacks multiple times.

Olaf doesn't need to throw anything away. You don't know the actual details that has been discussed. If he had shown any indication of it being a possibility and opening broader discussion it could have had a completely different direction. It could start by writing a unified client for all games and it could be all under Olaf's belt. Nothing of old CnCNet needs to be left around. We are understanding, or I think I am. I've been open to any suggestion or idea how to get this thing done but the stance is that Olaf... something, he doesn't really say anything. It seems everyone thinks that merging with CnCNet would mean that XWIS is a redirector to cncnet.org and that's it, it was only one of the less popular suggestions and it would never go down like that.

Nobody has been able to provide any details of what a merger would look like, Grant came up with having a new name and a new site and not much more.

As I've said before, the CnCNet client is quite nice and I'm not against having a better MP frontend.

#113 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:36 AM

weren't you involved when xwis got hacked frequenzy?

No.

why are you being persuasive about xwis joining cncnet ??

Because it represents progress on a huge scale that I've wanted to see since 2006.

sending your slaves to make topics to advertise cncnet, very pathetic you know? your hatred is very obvious, stop making topics and stop talking about your new server,

Which slaves? I don't have any, unfortunatley.

your hatred is very obvious

Really?

stop talking about your new server

It's not mine. It's hifi's.

its not olaf's problem that youre afraid to play tourny/qm/cm games

I was never afraid, but I don't like falling asleep while waiting for QM games.

your way of trying to say/claim that cncnet is better than xwis is very pathetic and you know yourself its not correct
Ohh, but it is correct.

there is no need for a change in xwis in order to increase activity
The numbers here at xwis.net/yr/online speak for themselves.

olaf doesnt force you to pay money to play online
Actually he does, ya know those €10 a piece XWIS accounts? You kinda have to buy one to play on the 'official' server.

you have many other options/servers, the game is very old and olaf is already doing well, keeping it running without cheaters
You mean the hard to find out options?

and just because you cant make your server an anti-cheat server like xwis
It's not my server. Did you know that CnCNet already has an 'anti-cheat' and it's also more true to the word than the so called Auto-SS.
As players don't have the option of not using it, meaning no one has the option to cheat in the first place.

you come here and send your slaves to advertise and beg for a merge
No one is begging. Everyone who's passionate about this game and still enjoys playing it is attempting to convince people on both sides.

very cool how youre being so persuasive about it because you want to benefit from the work of olaf who worked really well in keeping the server alive and anti-cheat for years and still going
He kinda gave up doing anything serious for a few years. He just kept it running, not improving it.
Unlike what the migrated staff members have achieved and wanted to achieve here on XWIS prior to their migration.

very annoying you guys complain about olaf, if not for him you guys wouldnt be playing the last 10 years or so
Actually we would have problably played on other networks as many already have. Due to XWIS's low activity.

bye
Hello?

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 25 March 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#114 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

Edited by jalary, 25 March 2015 - 06:22 AM.

#115 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

XWIS was never hacked though we have suffered from denial of service attacks multiple times.
Nobody has been able to provide any details of what a merger would look like, Grant came up with having a new name and a new site and not much more.

As I've said before, the CnCNet client is quite nice and I'm not against having a better MP frontend.

Has to work both ways Olaf. If you like the concept of a 'merge' then you can always give some idea to what you would see it as too...

This whole concept/idea is probably too much to be agreed over the internet anyway.  

#116 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7089 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

Mikoz still talking about W/L stats per map, the only thing he cares about...

Yes. ive been very very very mad and dissapointed about this for 7 years now.

I hope Olaf can live with himself, and if he ever needs help from other ppl and he wont get it, it will be MASSIVE KARMA

#117 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

Tbh arguing or moaning about it all isn't going to improve anything. Nor will it make any changes.

#118 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

weren't you involved when xwis got hacked frequenzy? im pretty sure you were involved, why are you being persuasive about xwis joining cncnet ?? sending your slaves to make topics to advertise cncnet, very pathetic you know? your hatred is very obvious, stop making topics... :yawn:

In fact you look a die-hard slave of Olaf.

If you have in mind any clue to help ra2/Yuri activity then give it or just keep quiet in your hole, no one asked xwis players to move to cncnet, already enough active players from GR who gives ggs moved to the new client.

http://xwis.net/yr/prev/

:rofl:

#119 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Can a representative of CNCNET please elaborate any ideas/details on what a merger would look like? Olaf mentioned this a few times, this may get the ball rolling. 

#120 hifi

hifi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:23 AM

As long as you see it this way, there's nothing to discuss. If we were around a table and after every idea thrown in the air you'd say that I'd be the one punching you in the mouth for being such a douche.

While you aren't able to see "what it would look like" over and over again, the players will vote with their feet because they certainly can see it. If you cared even a little you'd be brainstorming with us instead of watching this nonsense going on in public. This attitude of yours will never bring XWIS and CnCNet closer together and will inevitably be the reason why XWIS will go empty if CnCNet can implement all the features the players really need so they can have the platform these fine games deserve.

Also the hypocrisy of telling everyone CnCNet are pirates while you host the pirate downloads is just ridiculous.

I'm still waiting for that email where you show any sign of interest to bring the community closer together. Despite all this public crap, I'm still not saying no if you came to that conclusion.

#121 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

Hifi what would you expect from a merge? How would you like to see thing's happen?

Olaf has never once sayed he's against the idea, after speaking with him today, it's clear if we can find a way foward we can make progress, but flaming and telling him you'd punch him in the mouth isn't moving anything further foward.

Olaf would also need to hold discussions with EA before any such merge could take place.

That bieng sayed if there is a clear route foward that can be agreed upon by both parties. Then this isn't impossible.

#122 hardman

hardman

Commander

• Strike Team
  • 10515 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

To move things forward i think there needs to be some sort of 'conference call' between both parties. Maybe via skype. Before the call both parties should draw up topics of discussion and general brainstorming of ideas (maybe some sort of agenda) and go through each point in the call, hopefully resulting in some kind of POA and things to achieve (and who is responsible for each) before the next call .

Discussing such important matters via a public forum isnt going to work.

Edited by hardman, 26 March 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#123 hifi

hifi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

I'll wait for Olaf to contact us.

#124 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

dear hifi,

so ur idea is " u wait for Olaf to contact you " that is what a merge look like to you ? you have any other ideas to discus or some ?

Edited by XWISMOSTWANTED, 26 March 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#125 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

Dear XWISmostwanted,

Did you read any of this thread at all? Ideas of what a merge looked like were clearly explained in long paragraphs only to get an Olaf famous few word reply.

This is why things like this never work well in a public format. Too many low information voters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users