30 replies to this topic

#1 chemage

chemage

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

With everyone (even Pete) moving to CNCNet, I assume this was an eagerly awaited XWIS christmas present to know they can soon shut down the TS server and only manage RA2. Ouch. Lol

#2 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

To be honest, CnCNet offers a lot for TS that XWIS doesn't (or is unable to due to WOL limitations). I certainly wouldn't want XWIS to ever shutdown support for TS but, I'm happy knowing there's a somewhat better alternative.

#3 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

XWIS has ladder, clans and auto-ss though.

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13410 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

With everyone (even Pete) moving to CNCNet, I assume this was an eagerly awaited XWIS christmas present to know they can soon shut down the TS server and only manage RA2. Ouch. Lol

Eh, what? Shutting down (TS) servers isn't and never was a desire for XWIS.

#5 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

I'd just ignore this post creator...he seems to forget timing of events...despite disagreements if any, without XWIS we would of been without for a long time..remember your past even if you choose a different future :]

#6 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

Mike, that's probably the smartest and most intellectual thing i have ever heard you say.

#7 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • XWIS Name: North

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

On the contrary, without XWIS EA would have possibly continued to impartially support the WOL servers. Or at least merge it into a larger new server. EA obviously didn't want it but if they didn't have xwis to use as a garbage can then they probably would have at least managed it in its current state.

The only problem with WOL was they turned off public chat due to lurker hacking the shit out it with irc or whatever people used back then. All EA had to do was turn the public chat back and reset the battle clan website and things like xwis or cncreloaded/net/etc. would have never even been needed.

What I find funny is that the people in the community were so accepting of the people that destroyed this game. Ultimately it was lurker/ty/revolts fault that WOL got ruined in the first place and yet when he decided to show his face again a few years later people just accepted him back like nothing happened. Same with that bettzeug creep that single handedly wiped out half the player base by spending months auto starting games and hacking the rankings and shutting down the server. But people refused to ban him from forums or the community during his shit storm and after.

I want TS to die so it no longer is shamed by olaf. But still when I think about it, it annoys me that xwis ever even became relevant. The childish, petty, simple mindedness of the ts community got what it deserved by harboring and accepting hackers, cheaters, and generally shitty people. XWIS was/is such a garbage private server compared to the ones that Revolt and that other guy made. The cncgamer community bitched them both into scrapping the project just because they wouldn't be partial to their community over champsites.

There is 0 reason to thank xwis for giving anyone a place to play. They only did because they were forced to and the only support they ever gave the TS community were changes in which caused massive reductions in players (removing mod maps from counting towards rank).

If you think for 1 second that olaf didn't have a personal grudge against the TS community think about the fact that all he ever had to do was flip a virtual switch to fix all the complaints we ever had and he didn't even need to lift a finger to do that. All he had to do was spend 1 minute appointing a representative for the TS community and give them proper access to handle the issues we had. This suggestion was made MANY times and there were  MANY people ready, willing, and capable of doing everything needed to be done. The only reason to not allow this to happen is if you personally want TS to stay broken.

TLDR:

1. EA would have continued to support WOL if xwis didn't exist

2. Olaf hates the TS community

3. Please let TS die off from the xwis brand

PS. This post will be deleted in less than 24 hours because they know everything I said is true and it makes them burn when people that know their past speak.

Edited by FrzFlame, 30 December 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#8 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

1. Name me one other 15 year old EA game that still has online support.

2. Yes, Olaf prefers RA2 over TS. Olaf also prefers YR over TS. Most of the community does. Regardless, Olaf developed his RA2 server to add TS support, which isn't trivial like you make it sound.

I won't refute that the TS community is shit, though. Your post is a pretty good example of that.

#9 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18168 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

I enjoyed TS during 2005 when I played there quite heavily.

It's a shame that it didn't become the alternative I had hoped it would

#10 Faith

Faith

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

1. EA would have continued to support WOL if xwis didn't exist

Like all the other servers EA have kept online... oh wait... hundreds of EA games have had their servers shutdown over the years.

#11 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

Maybe not now in 2015.. But certainly several years longer than it was. It's not like the TS community has been anything to talk about since 2007, maybe 2010 if your desperate. That was 5-8 years ago.

Edited by FrzFlame, 05 January 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#12 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

Hmm... I tell thy that seek truth, appreciation, love  and respect is best given in many forms, creations, can be fruitful to many things, sometimes its hard to keep up with the abundance of fruit, other times, the fruit isn't enough. Take heart. In this sentence you find a lot more than just words, in actions, it can effect many. if you understand the meaning so be it , let it be. Blessed are you :]

#13 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

zzattack, Sorry for being a little bitter towards the ra2 community but don't pretend that you and olaf and all other ra2 players that played the game long term wouldn't feel the same way if one of the TS player private servers had gotten the EA deal instead of olaf and they decided to treat your game the same way that Olaf treated ours.

Matt, Dang you gottta be pushin 30 years old and you're still salty as anchovies. Helax.. Are you still gaming? What are you paying these days? Download clash of clans if u have a smart phone/tablet

mikerara ur fakemammy right? nice to see you've found the jesauce.

Edited by FrzFlame, 05 January 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#14 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13410 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Would you like to talk about it?
How exactly did we treat 'your' game?

#15 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

Remember how we had blatant and rampant cheating by the same people for YEARS while you ignored countless requests and ideas for help and solutions. Funny how the ra2 servers didn't have the same issues?

Remember how our battle clan system was broken/limited? Funny how ra2 didn't have the same issues

Remember how we had large community forums that all TS players went to but the newer players had no way of knowing about to get in touch with the player base? And you refused to advertise anything but strike team where there was 0 TS player activity? Leaving all our player base that wasn't in the know with no where to go to meet players and learn strategy. Funny how ra2 didn't have the same issues

Remember when we took it upon ourselves to start catching cheaters and we made countless threads with screenshot and game data PROOF that people cheated and you out right ignored it

Remember when bettzeug and his crew spent MONTHS auto starting games causing nearly the entire player base to give up and quit and you did nothing about it.

Remember when mod map games were more than 50% of the activity on our ladders but 1 or 2 people were using maps that had built in cheats so they would never lose? And instead of banning the 1 or 2 players that were doing this you decided to remove mod maps from counting towards rank entirely which caused a 50% drop in activity? Funny ra2 never had these kinds of issues

I could go on for a while but that's plenty to get the point across. Keep denying it though.. Not like its gonna change anything.. And it's not like I have the patience or desire to continue roasting you for my entire life for it.

Edit: Yes you solved SOME of these issues "eventually" but don't act like you did something for the game when you serviced it 5-10 years after it mattered.

Edited by FrzFlame, 06 January 2015 - 08:32 PM.

#16 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

Not only that, 80% or more suggestions and ideas get refused/ignored and/or rejected anyway regardless of how many people/members/players actually agree and LIKE such ideas to be implemented.

#17 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

lol one of the only people whose posts i actually read, glad youre back frz. mike, get on aim.

#18 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13410 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

AFAIK there was never consensus in the TS community about what should happen. There was The Bil, but most of the time there also wasn't someone suitable for a staff position. Mod maps were disallowed from the ladder based on a request from the community. And the community insisted on keeping serial validation (partially) disabled, greatly limiting our options for banning.

Remember how our battle clan system was broken/limited? Funny how ra2 didn't have the same issues

No, I don't.

Remember when we took it upon ourselves to start catching cheaters and we made countless threads with screenshot and game data PROOF that people cheated and you out right ignored it

What were you expecting? That's how it always worked and works..

Remember how we had large community forums that all TS players went to but the newer players had no way of knowing about to get in touch with the player base? And you refused to advertise anything but strike team where there was 0 TS player activity? Leaving all our player base that wasn't in the know with no where to go to meet players and learn strategy. Funny how ra2 didn't have the same issues

Ads for other (RA2) sites weren't allowed either.

#19 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9406 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

I literally think I lost a few iq points reading these TS posts

#20 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18168 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

AFAIK there was never consensus in the TS community about what should happen. There was The Bil, but most of the time there also wasn't someone suitable for a staff position. Mod maps were disallowed from the ladder based on a request from the community. And the community insisted on keeping serial validation (partially) disabled, greatly limiting our options for banning.

No, I don't.

What were you expecting? That's how it always worked and works..

Ads for other (RA2) sites weren't allowed either.

I do remember a large public outcry when Mod Maps were disallowed on ranked games. As someone who has played TS a bit, that made no sense.

I can understand trialling it but even after it was changed and the "community" cried about it, it stayed the same :(

Then the game was literally about 85% Terrace and 15% Forest Fires only. Got boring

#21 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Well let me refresh your memory... I'd love to ... Olaf and the community had a pole, we thought, by having westwood(official) maps, as the way for tournaments it would help stop this "cheating" everyone is rampant about, which is exactly what it did, and then... there was this other issue of the "banning" on these official maps, which people wanted for the remaining cheats..(it also helped a more skillful player base)

AT the time, players wanted to help newer members of the community learn as we do today.

The players who kill games are the same ones who are here talking about it... no offense I've been guilty of one of these at a time when i wanted specific people in my game..this was very LONG AGO as i play with everyone and know that the fun can be had if you play for fun, you will run into good players adventually...

1- Kicking people whom they reguard as new or just dont like
2-complaining about someone cheating 24.7 instead of just worrying about yourself...and play for fun games which not many would cheat on those and you could easily not play with them and i mean easily.

for the next response about tournaments ;
solution 1: we have forums, set them up.. if you want to see who's best in your eyes.
Solution 2: play rankings and accept you will come across a cheat or 2 and ignore it as you will adventually be banning the little player base we have nowadays(NOTE as a person who played for rank many times, those cheaters hardly could keep up if you played the amount you had to, to win...)
To the people who are busy and have jobs and life events and expect to come online and somehow play little games and win the ladder and if they don't claim the cheaters win all the time.. well..you get what you put in my friend..
(not talking about back in the days, but on XWIS DAYS which is relevant back in the days theres so many people and cheats running around you could play a thousand games and surpass the cheats anyways on points)

As for WOL days; I think i covered there was tons of people to play with mass reconning etc, but if you played enough you'd get to the top...
I can name several games that have quite a large database, few comes to mind, just as old and still rampant with cheats but widely alive because they simply choose not to react to hackers, and poor sports.
sounds silly at first i know but ....you'd have to lived through it to understand ts's example..I played from 1999, seen it all and can probably relay multiple occasions were the 'help' hurt.  and proud to play still :D

Enjoy and get what you will from this.

The only true help is a nice server, advertising, etc
When you log into a new game, do you think, am i bein cheated? I don't know about you but i never did, i thought, wow this guy is good or bad, or maybe i need to work on things if i want to improve or this is just fun(aka worrying about yourself)

#22 humble

humble

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:22 PM

Remember how we had blatant and rampant cheating by the same people for YEARS while you ignored countless requests and ideas for help and solutions. Funny how the ra2 servers didn't have the same issues?

Remember how our battle clan system was broken/limited? Funny how ra2 didn't have the same issues

Remember when bettzeug and his crew spent MONTHS auto starting games causing nearly the entire player base to give up and quit and you did nothing about it.

Remember when mod map games were more than 50% of the activity on our ladders but 1 or 2 people were using maps that had built in cheats so they would never lose? And instead of banning the 1 or 2 players that were doing this you decided to remove mod maps from counting towards rank entirely which caused a 50% drop in activity? Funny ra2 never had these kinds of issues

I could go on for a while but that's plenty to get the point across. Keep denying it though.. Not like its gonna change anything.. And it's not like I have the patience or desire to continue roasting you for my entire life for it.

Edit: Yes you solved SOME of these issues "eventually" but don't act like you did something for the game when you serviced it 5-10 years after it mattered.

I remember.

#23 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7089 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

Not only that, 80% or more suggestions and ideas get refused/ignored and/or rejected anyway regardless of how many people/members/players actually agree and LIKE such ideas to be implemented.

I made a poll to bring the W/L stats back per map and faction. This is something i asked Olaf 100 times. The poll was 30 Yes and 3 No. He didnt do shit with it till the day of today. 

#24 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13410 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

I made a poll to bring the W/L stats back per map and faction. This is something i asked Olaf 100 times. The poll was 30 Yes and 3 No. He didnt do shit with it till the day of today.

And you think bringing this up again and again is somehow gonna make me want to do that? ;)

#25 T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

Mladhiy Serzhant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • XWIS Name: Stingox

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

And you think bringing this up again and again is somehow gonna make me want to do that? ;)

Are you that careless?

Honestly, if people come with suggestions (they are not many to even complain about it) and PEOPLE do WANT it that bad, why don't you do it? Is it too hard?

Edited by T4nKD3sTr0Y3r, 28 July 2016 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users