#1 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

I wasn't aware that someone was still sharing nicks. The last time it happened it was Steffen and Adam but Adam isn't in the clan anymore and I think the nicks they shared weren't used in the last month. I don't know exactly how the rules apply so if you guys can help me resolve this i'd appreciate it. Thanks. 

#2 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

On March sexy was Rank 1. The only guys who played was Edd, Marko and me. So im really wondering who should share nicks?

#3 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13446 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Ganxster and becks shared an IP address...

#4 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

WTF? Becks??? Im GanXster and I didn't shared any IP address with any1... who should becks be?

I shared last year with Adam nicks ...Was months ago ... I don't understand this... Also I didnt clan Adam last month... The most of them who played for sexy was marko and edd... Also they didnt clan adam... And Adam isnt in clan sexy for couple of months...

So how does this work? And what does it mean for the future? We get reset cuz of what exactly ??? and for how long will this go on?

Edited by Steffen, 29 April 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#5 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

I was Becks but we didn't share nicks & I didn't play against Sexy all month. (even though I am no longer in it) 

#6 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

Ganxster and becks shared an IP address...

What can we do from here? How do we fix this issue?

As Adam and Steffen stated already, they didnt have nicks shared last month and no games from sexy were played against Adam whom is no longer in sexy.

#7 Steffen

Steffen

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

see this... Last month tim and me played on clan sonic2 vs adams clan too. the SAME thing like Edd and marko did on sexy vs adams clan... So sonic2 and sexy played  vs clan beer NOT vs ADAM!
and sexy get reset sonic2 not. I rly dont understand that all if its cuz of me and adam sonic2 need reset too, or?

#8 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

What can we do from here? How do we fix this issue?

As Adam and Steffen stated already, they didnt have nicks shared last month and no games from sexy were played against Adam whom is no longer in sexy.

same thing happened with me and marsh, shared nicks last a year apparently =S

#9 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13446 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

I was Becks but we didn't share nicks & I didn't play against Sexy all month. (even though I am no longer in it)

Are you using more than one forum account?

WTF? Becks??? Im GanXster and I didn't shared any IP address with any1... who should becks be?

It's about the IP address 82.31.46.235. In September 2013 it was used 5x for ganxster. IIRC it looks at the last 12 months of data.

#10 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Are you using more than one forum account?
It's about the IP address 82.31.46.235. In September 2013 it was used 5x for ganxster. IIRC it looks at the last 12 months of data.

How can we fix this issue?

Is the only solution waiting 12 months?

#11 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18178 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

thats a bit harsh to remove a rank 1 clan ^

#12 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

well at least nathan and I aren't the only who finds this absurd.....enjoy waiting one year (hooray xwis rule changes without anyone informed!)

ps : nath has been waiting for a reply on this matter for a while now, still no response, better to not waste the time guys, just saying.

Edited by marsh1, 30 April 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#13 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6691 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

It's silly, should be changed. The rules are put in place to ensure that pushing does not happen. Obviously no one is pushing here, use some common sense.

#14 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13446 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

How can we fix this issue?

Is the only solution waiting 12 months?

The sharing happened in September so in October all should be good again. Not having Steffen in the clan might be a solution too. Or I could perform database surgery when I've got time, but people are always crying rules = rules.

#15 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

The sharing happened in September so in October all should be good again. Not having Steffen in the clan might be a solution too. Or I could perform database surgery when I've got time, but people are always crying rules = rules.

I feels selfish saying this, but if everyone else is ok with this, do you think you can bend the rules on this case? I'm sure Steffen has learned his lesson. We'd appreciate it if you can. 

#16 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8661 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Make a poll :)

Edited by Shauny, 30 April 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#17 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Why is it a year? seems a bit excessive.

#18 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

if me and Nathan are having the same problem, there should be no consideration to anyone else who broke the rules.....

I'm just being realistic, if one person can have a rule exception, Nathan and I should as well

#19 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8661 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

Yeah but then everyone would want an exception like you said and Olaf said ealier. Rules are rules, fair enough changing the rules so you don't have to wait 12 months. But not changing the rules to suit people now.

#20 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

exactly my point, now just changing the rule to one month like I was for years before, I think is the best idea, but exceptions will accomplish nothing but people (like myself) to speak out upon it

#21 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Changing the issue to per month seems like the easiest most sensible option. i.e if you share in any given month you are disqualified for that month.  

I suppose an even more sensible solution would be just don't share serial's, it really creates too many problem's.

#22 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4099 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Changing the issue to per month seems like the easiest most sensible option. i.e if you share in any given month you are disqualified for that month.  

I suppose an even more sensible solution would be just don't share serial's, it really creates too many problem's.

I agree with everyone with changing the issue to per month. Like ZigZag said, seems like the easiest solution. 

I understand that sharing serials may make things complicated when it comes to pushing and probably more work in a report, but we're a pretty small community. Most of the issues can be solved without having to investigate too deep. 

TBH, I didn't expect people to start ranting about "if you do it to them, then me too" so quick. Completely understandable, but selfish non the less. This was my topic, if you felt like you could've fixed an issue on your guys' part or arrange something then maybe it should've been kept in a separate topic. It almost felt like Olaf was considering it (I may just be jumping to conclusions) and may have even helped you with yours and Nathan's problem had you not started what people hate the most. Like I said though, I do understand you but please don't throw things in Olaf's face before has even done anything which is going to make him think twice about doing something reasonable to help a pretty harsh rule. 

#23 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Sexy my rivals! But you guys have my vote. We should help eachother when the activity is so low. We need to get rid of the rules is rules mentality. I feel sorry your ranks been taken away since its a legit fair clan.

#24 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8661 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

I agree it's a fair clan, but now they have mentioned it some thing may get done now, which will be better. Like zigzag said, just dont share serials or nicks(as you know). Yes it woul be better for he community but then again a lot of things would be good for the community but would be against the rules. :(

Change back to one month. But still remove untill October is the only out come I can see?

#25 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

well edd, this was brought up months ago by Nathan and I, you can find it as selfish as you want, and this is nothing against you, but we never got an answer out of the staff, so I will clearly stick up for myself.

and throw into olaf's face? pfft, we haven't got a solid reply on the matter for months lol

Edited by marsh1, 30 April 2014 - 07:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users