Photo

New Version of YR for XWIS in the future?

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

Poll: Which version of YR would you like to see in the future of YR?

Which version of YR would you like to see in the future of YR?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts
  • XWIS Name: Krazy

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:12 AM

Please vote for which version of the game you would like to see played in QM in the future.If you have any idea's as to what needs balancing, upgrading, nerfing, etc. then please feel free to post your opinion here.

No Flaming please.

#2 Guest_Mr FiSh_*

Guest_Mr FiSh_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:24 AM

YR wol version.

No need to change it, i can easily continue to bail yuri. sovs and allies arnt that much differnt in my oppion so im all for keeping it the same.

#3 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:26 AM

Id go for the current one, from what ive played so far.

#4 Yada

Yada

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ratty

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:26 AM

I voted for any other version. The only thing i would like to change is the magnetrons range

#5 Krazy™

Krazy™

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts
  • XWIS Name: Krazy

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:27 AM

YR wol version.

No need to change it, i can easily continue to bail yuri. sovs and allies arnt that much differnt in my oppion so im all for keeping it the same.

Yeah, how dare we learn new strategies. :rolleyes:

#6 Guest_Mr FiSh_*

Guest_Mr FiSh_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:48 AM

YR wol version.

No need to change it, i can easily continue to bail yuri.  sovs and allies arnt that much differnt in my oppion so im all for keeping it the same.

Yeah, how dare we learn new strategies. :rolleyes:

;)
Now you understand :p

#7 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 12 October 2003 - 01:01 AM

#8 Nanolight

Nanolight

For the GLA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 03:58 AM

Everythings dandy the way it is, cept for ye od glitch the whole yuri system is pretty good...

#9 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 12 October 2003 - 05:54 AM

Yuri ain't that unfair in QM ;) unless naval and they gonna stop that

I don't think there is any need for another version, and this might discourage some newer players to join XWIS...

And how r u supposed to change game versions to go to WW and XWIS, many ppl (not including myself) still wanna go to WOL as well as XWIS.

#10 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

HiJacked by Indy =] Again

• Members
  • 10847 posts
  • XWIS Name: Blee

Posted 12 October 2003 - 10:59 AM

,Oct 12 2003, 06:54 AM] And how r u supposed to change game versions to go to WW and XWIS, many ppl (not including myself) still wanna go to WOL as well as XWIS.

To change back to WOL version, you simply delete 2 files.

#11 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:07 PM

Correct. Yuri isnt unfair in QM unless there is naval.. in that case it may be unfair in some situations.

Deso > Yuri

#12 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

• Members
  • 10847 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:10 PM

Correct. Yuri isnt unfair in QM unless there is naval.. in that case it may be unfair in some situations.

Deso > Yuri

Magnetron > All
"Yay! Let's go drop a miner on a cliff! Then maybe I'll pull a few Dreadnoughts out of the water... then after that, I'll go to McDonalds and drop a couple of Rhinos onto trees, destroying them instantly!"

And I've already posted about the discs in other topics... don't make me repeat myself...

Edited by Sualocin, 12 October 2003 - 12:11 PM.

#13 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:11 PM

Deso > Yuri

Magnetron > All
"Yay! Let's go drop a miner on a cliff! Then maybe I'll pull a few Dreadnoughts out of the water... then after that, I'll go to McDonalds and drop a couple of Rhinos onto trees, destroying them instantly!"

And I've already posted the thing about the discs... don't make me repeat myself...

LoL

Deso > Mag

#14 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

• Members
  • 10847 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:12 PM

Deso > Yuri

Magnetron > All

And I've already posted the thing about the discs... don't make me repeat myself...

LoL

Deso > Mag

Virus > Deso

#15 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:14 PM

Deso > Yuri

Magnetron > All

LoL

Deso > Mag

Virus > Deso

Yeh but virus cant hit deso out of deployed range.

#16 HaLLiE[BA]

HaLLiE[BA]

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5322 posts
  • XWIS Name: WhAtApAsS

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:14 PM

current version ;)

#17 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

• Members
  • 10847 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:17 PM

Deso > Yuri

Magnetron > All

LoL

Deso > Mag

Virus > Deso

Yeh but virus cant hit deso out of deployed range.

The Virus can hit 1 Deso out of deployed range, but not 2 desos.

But so, even if you try to Deso a Yuri player, his army simply runs their **** off and camps like hell until they have discs and Masterminds. And you can't chase him because mags will keep your army at their distance.

#18 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

• Members
  • 10847 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:18 PM

current version ;)

unjustified :rolleyes:

#19 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:19 PM

Try this....

As soon as game starts. Deso his Slave miners. When/if he chases you with miners just put back in flak and keep doing it. His stuff cant get near if you got a few deployed.

Now how is yuri unfair when his economy is so weak vs deso?

#20 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

• Members
  • 10847 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:21 PM

Try this....

As soon as game starts. Deso his Slave miners. When/if he chases you with miners just put back in flak and keep doing it. His stuff cant get near if you got a few deployed.

Then his mag picks up teh Flak Track and brings it a little closer so it can be blown up while it's in the sky :blink:

Edited by Sualocin, 12 October 2003 - 12:21 PM.

#21 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:23 PM

Try this....

Then his mag picks up teh Flak Track and brings it a little closer so it can be blown up while it's in the sky :blink:

With 3-4 desos deployed infront of it? his mags wouldnt get near. Also his miners are a very easy target considering they move about all over the map and deploy there. They are a nice snack for a pack of rhinos.

#22 Guest_Mr FiSh_*

Guest_Mr FiSh_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:26 PM

FIGHT FIGHT

#23 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

• Members
  • 10847 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:27 PM

Try this....

With 3-4 desos deployed infront of it? his mags wouldnt get near. Also his miners are a very easy target considering they move about all over the map and deploy there. They are a nice snack for a pack of rhinos.

If the desos are deployed, the miner gets them.
If the desos jump in the flak the mag gets them.

And Slave Miners are not an easy snack for a few Rhinos, Slave Miners are the most heavily armoured units in the game. If you try to destroy the slave miners, your Rhinos will get munched by Lashers. If you go for the Lashers, you will win, but you won't have enough Rhinos left to take out the slave miners.

Edited by Sualocin, 12 October 2003 - 12:29 PM.

#24 SeaLDraKe

SeaLDraKe

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:27 PM

FIGHT FIGHT

Not a fight...

A debate :)

The mag isnt gonna run through the radiation that lasts atleast 7-10 seconds B) By that time the flak got away. If he keeps chasing undeploy desos and own the mag.

Slave miners are heavy armour. But rhinos do alot of damage vs Slave miners so in the seconds it takes for the yuri army to get to you you could of destroyed atleast 2 unless the yuri player made them run. (Im talking about 10 rhinos when i say a pack)

Edited by SeaLDraKe, 12 October 2003 - 12:30 PM.

#25 Indiana Blee

Indiana Blee

• Members
  • 10847 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:34 PM

Not a fight...

A debate :)

The mag isnt gonna run through the radiation that lasts atleast 7-10 seconds B) By that time the flak got away. If he keeps chasing undeploy desos and own the mag.

Slave miners are heavy armour. But rhinos do alot of damage vs Slave miners so in the seconds it takes for the yuri army to get to you you could of destroyed atleast 2 unless the yuri player made them run. (Im talking about 10 rhinos when i say a pack)

2 Slave Miners? No chance. Slave miners are built like hell. You will get one slave mier, but not 2. Slave miners are way too strong.
Oh, and btw, Yuri will probably be teched up by the time you have 10 rhinos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users