#1 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

So what is wash EXACTLY?

I see in 4v4 ff ffg that one guy on each team die and everyone start shouting wash! wash!

Then middlesky and wuss were tellin how it was used in clanners only...m confused, dont really understand a "wash"

Edited by MrFrodo, 12 October 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#2 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

disconnect when loosing so you dont get the points

Can be used in: QM, CM and Torny

If the opponent makes a report he must get a free win from the offender, if the offender does not give a Free win will loose all the points of the month and a possible Ban for the rest of the month.

3 bans = Ban forever.

Edited by AMadKirov, 12 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#3 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

No offence AMad, but I think you will find TS is a rather different game to Ra2. This isn't what Frodo is talking about. 

#4 Fjnecjgar

Fjnecjgar

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

In clan games, 2v2,3v3 or 4v4. If one person in each team dies it is considered a wash/draw and no on wins or loses points. Typically amongst the ww community, in a 4v4 it is considered a wash if 2 or more die in each team but this is only reflected in ffg.

#5 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

In clan games, 2v2,3v3 or 4v4. If one person in each team dies it is considered a wash/draw and no on wins or loses points. Typically amongst the ww community, in a 4v4 it is considered a wash if 2 or more die in each team but this is only reflected in ffg.

So wash =draw? In a ffg If so why if one or two player die on each side call it a draw(wash)? why not play till last side stands....unless its become a very long stalemate. Still i see people NOT callin it quits in "1v1 terrace raging".

#6 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yes, basically. If I recall, it goes back to WW days when points wouldn't be awarded unless it was a clear victory in one team's favour as Dan has outlined above. Personally, I agree with you that a win is a win is a win, so if only one player is left in a 4v4, then that's still a win for whichever side they were on. 

#7 GrapeSoda

GrapeSoda

Sergeant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

everyone here got it wrong, it goes like this, a win is a win. and a wash is when the same amount of people die on each team. doesnt matter how many. if 1 person dies on 1 team, 1 must die on another. 2, 2, 3, 3 etc.

now clanner washes are whats dumb, cuz only 1 person has to die.

WASH basically equals no pts for tournament games

WASH for ffgs means the same amount of people die on each team

^ fact jack

Edited by GrapeSoda, 13 October 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#8 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

What 'grapesoda' said.

#9 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

So basically in TS  if its 3v3 and your team wins the game with only 1 player left its a wash? am i interpreting this correctly? Sounds strange.

#10 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

A wash is when you run a bath / shower, get in it, rub the water against yourself using some form of soap or gel and then rinse it off once rubbed in. This usually ends up in you smelly fruity of some sort.

#11 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

So basically in TS  if its 3v3 and your team wins the game with only 1 player left its a wash? am i interpreting this correctly? Sounds strange.

Yes. I didnt play TS back when ladder was active with actual competition and that is when washes were common in clan ladder.(atleast one player died on a each team and no points awarded)

So when i started playin(ffgs) players would say wash and start leaving games which is stupid considering a 2v2-4v4 is team game so even if you win with 1 player standing, objective accomplished. Right?

Edited by MrFrodo, 05 December 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#12 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yes. I didnt play TS back when ladder was active with actual competition and that is when washes were common in clan ladder.(atleast one player died on a each team and no points awarded)

So when i started playin(ffgs) players would say wash and start leaving games which is stupid considering a 2v2-4v4 is team game so even if you win with 1 player standing, objective accomplished. Right?

I would think so, interesting the way it works on TS though.

#13 yeppers

yeppers

New Conscript

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

ust shouting wash when someone dies is in a way humbling to some people kind of like saying haha we didnt lose because we won a battle but not the war by killing a guy on the winning team.

Edited by yeppers, 05 December 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#14 Kujo

Kujo

New Conscript

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi Frodo,

There seems to be some confusion in the responses, so let me clear it up for you.  The system and rules for clan games (i.e. the only official team games that counted for points on the ladder) were created by Westwood.

When you played a clan game, if both sides were fairly evenly matched and managed to eliminate one of the opposing players, the game was said to be a "wash" simply because Westwood awarded no points to either team, regardless of whether the game was played out to the very end so that one side did ultimately "win".   

In a 2v2 and 3v3, if each side killed one player from the other team, the game was a wash because Westwood awarded no points for the game.  In a 4v4, each side had to kill 2 players from the other team in order for it to be a wash (again because Westwood would award no points for the game).  Again, this was all based on the official rules and system in place for clan games set up by Westwood.

People who would play ffg's thus applied the same rules as were applied to clan games - since those were, after all, the official rules for any team game for points.

I hope this helps.

#15 rooisugly

rooisugly

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • XWIS Name: nil

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

clean with water and, typically, soap or detergent.
"Auntie Lou had washed all their clothes"
synonyms: clean, cleanse, sponge, scrub, wipe, scour; More
clean, cleanse, sponge, scrub, mop, hose down, squeegee, sluice (down), swill (down), douse, swab (down), flush, disinfect
launder, clean, rinse (out);
dry-clean;
literarylave
shampoo, lather, clean
antonyms: dirty, soil
clean oneself with soap and water.
"he reached for the soap and began to wash"
synonyms: clean oneself, have a wash, wash oneself; More
(with reference to a stain or dirt) remove or be removed by cleaning with water and detergent.
"they have to keep washing the mould off the walls"
synonyms: remove by washing, sponge off, scrub off, wipe off, rinse off, remove, flush out/away, expunge, eradicate More
(of fabric, a garment, or dye) withstand cleaning to a specified degree without shrinking or fading.
"a linen-mix yarn which washes well"
do one's laundry.
"I need someone to cook and wash for me"
literary
wet or moisten (something) thoroughly.
"you are beautiful with your face washed with rain"
(of flowing water) carry (someone or something) in a particular direction.
"floods washed away the bridges"
synonyms: sweep, carry, convey, transport, move, deliver, deposit, drive More

#16 D34DF45T

D34DF45T

Corporal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

a wash is the most stupid thing i came across in ts.

almost all games you battle for victory ZZZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users