Photo

Dear Bluebala

Best Answer BlueBala, 11 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

People not being able to post on a cheat report is mainly for ea and admins. They have nothing to do with the members. Cheat reports must be well organized for the good of xwis staff who analyze the reports and have to read everything in it. Might be stupid for some of you, but it makes our job easier if you keep out. Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I feel dump lately, After reading http://bit.ly/13IDoa8 and http://bit.ly/189Ri8F , i want to ask you some question?

Why am i given 2 warning points if the post i commented was deleted?

Is that a real "Cheat report"?

From my point of view that's not cheat report besides he made the topic in the wrong section, that post meant to be on "Support" and not "Ra2 Cheat reports" but well, since im just wasting time and space you can give your smart answer and close the topic so i wont defend my rights.

Thanks for the Warning points. :closedeyes:

#2 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12214 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

No problem

#3 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19854 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

You spam, you get warned. Its a simple system. Whether he wanted to post in support or not is besides the point, it was an active report as it is in the 'cheat reports forum'. The 'cheat reports forum' spamming rules have already been linked by yourself, so I really am not sure what your issue is.

You're post was hidden, not deleted.

#4 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Again, it was not a spam, I tried to help and i didnt realize it was on that section.... but well i cant do anything, just swallow my Warning points ....pssss

#5 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13424 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

and i didnt realize it was on that section....

And you're blaming our beloved Bluebala for that?

#6 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

No im blaming him for give me 2 warning points  for a post that was not a cheat report. ;)

#7 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Some rules are dumb. This is one of them.

Helping in a cheat report IS NOT SPAM. You can post valuable information about a cheat report without being involved in the game in question. What's the point of these useless warnings?

Lots of my posts have been deleted and then an admin comes and posts pretty much the exact same thing I posted. You really think having the red letters under your name makes your posts superior to others? It's not like we're making the final verdict in your place.

I promised myself not to offer help on this site anymore. Help is not always welcomed around here.

Give warnings to those that deserve them: spammers, cheaters, use of extreme foul language.

#8 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Some rules are dumb. This is one of them.

Helping in a cheat report IS NOT SPAM. You can post valuable information about a cheat report without being involved in the game in question. What's the point of these useless warnings?

Lots of my posts have been deleted and then an admin comes and posts pretty much the exact same thing I posted. You really think having the red letters under your name makes your posts superior to others? It's not like we're making the final verdict in your place.

I promised myself not to offer help on this site anymore. Help is not always welcomed around here.

Give warnings to those that deserve them: spammers, cheaters, use of extreme foul language.

I pretty much agree with everything you have said here. The problem is if 1 person is allowed to post in cheat report's, everyone will think they have the right to do so. Allowing player's to post even useful information just invites other's to spam or waste our time with stories about how they agree or whatever.

#9 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9127 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

There's some things that will never change, I find this point of rules normal and justified, the problem is not there.

For years the fair play forum was above the cheat report forum, there are a few time fair play forum has fallen below the cheat forum. And many people were wrong and commented in the wrong forum.

This rule is important for the proper functioning of the cheat report forum

A little distraction, but there's a zero tolerance for some people and not for others is what I find unfortunate here. The rules do not apply in the same way for everyone, some people have preferential treatment i think.

#10 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

There's some things that will never change, I find this point of rules normal and justified, the problem is not there.

For years the fair play forum was above the cheat report forum, there are a few time fair play forum has fallen below the cheat forum. And many people were wrong and commented in the wrong forum.

This rule is important for the proper functioning of the cheat report forum

A little distraction, but there's a zero tolerance for some people and not for others is what I find unfortunate here. The rules do not apply in the same way for everyone, some people have preferential treatment i think.

Such as who? not argueing with you just wondered if you had an example.

#11 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

May anyone tell me how stupid i am and  also tell me how is that a cheat report?

#12 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:16 PM   Best Answer

People not being able to post on a cheat report is mainly for ea and admins. They have nothing to do with the members. Cheat reports must be well organized for the good of xwis staff who analyze the reports and have to read everything in it. Might be stupid for some of you, but it makes our job easier if you keep out.

#13 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12064 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Misunderstatement.

#14 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6690 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you have said here. The problem is if 1 person is allowed to post in cheat report's, everyone will think they have the right to do so. Allowing player's to post even useful information just invites other's to spam or waste our time with stories about how they agree or whatever.

This is true dsector...

#15 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12064 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

It is seriously not Seke.

#16 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6690 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

It is seriously not Seke.

lol

#17 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12064 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

There is really not a thing to laugh about in this very topic.

:(

#18 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

People not being able to post on a cheat report is mainly for ea and admins. They have nothing to do with the members. Cheat reports must be well organized for the good of xwis staff who analyze the reports and have to read everything in it. Might be stupid for some of you, but it makes our job easier if you keep out.

two good reason why the rules are there, if you see some thing that can be added might be better to pm the topic maker.

#19 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Again, warn the players who spam or waste your time with stories, not the ones who give coherent posts that contribute to the cheat report in question. What's the point of deleting good posts that answer the person's question?

What does EA have to do with cheat reports? You really think EA will come here to complain if they see a non admin posting in a cheat report? Also, no, it doesn't make your job easier at all if you delete a well organized post that contains valuable information about that cheat report.

Let me give you a clear and recent example: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/178779-flight-s%C3%A9rial-and-used-my-nick/

First of all, this topic shouldn't even be in the cheat reports section in my opinion and it should have been moved from there since it doesn't contain all the info that a cheat report requires. I was the first one to post and I gave the original poster two links to show him that nobody stole his nick but rather somebody else was using the nick "ronaido7" instead of "ronaldo7". My post CLEARLY answered the person's concern and it didn't include any spam, useless information nor was it poorly organized. Then, an admin comes, deletes my post and sends me a warning message via PM. An admin then comes and re-answers the question without providing the links to the nicks so that the original poster can clearly understand what is going on.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day, it's just a game. You can continue to give warnings.

#20 Yuri96

Yuri96

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5311 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yuri96

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

well what about this : What if the cheat report analyzers can still do their job but someone else looks after the posts in there that don't really add anything to the report? Then The analyzer can do their job without having to worry about also looking after the spamsters and the players who have valuable info to add can still help out.

#21 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Such as who? not argueing with you just wondered if you had an example.

Why do people always ask this. No one really remembers the specifics.
Though there's been numerous occasions where I've been warned for a post that has almost the same content as another poster.

I didn't post anything vulgar or offensive, but I got warned for it.
Yet, because the other poster made the staff member laugh he didn't receive a warning.

The poster himself told me that he knew he was way out of line and he didn't get warned and ended up saying "Olaf likes me".
If the rules apply the same to everyone as been stated by Don Carlo and Olaf both, then why is this not practiced?

I'm not going to post any names of the people involved in these incidences either. I know what I've witnessed over the years on this forum.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 12 September 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#22 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12214 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Again, warn the players who spam or waste your time with stories, not the ones who give coherent posts that contribute to the cheat report in question. What's the point of deleting good posts that answer the person's question?

What does EA have to do with cheat reports? You really think EA will come here to complain if they see a non admin posting in a cheat report? Also, no, it doesn't make your job easier at all if you delete a well organized post that contains valuable information about that cheat report.

Let me give you a clear and recent example: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/178779-flight-s%C3%A9rial-and-used-my-nick/

First of all, this topic shouldn't even be in the cheat reports section in my opinion and it should have been moved from there since it doesn't contain all the info that a cheat report requires. I was the first one to post and I gave the original poster two links to show him that nobody stole his nick but rather somebody else was using the nick "ronaido7" instead of "ronaldo7". My post CLEARLY answered the person's concern and it didn't include any spam, useless information nor was it poorly organized. Then, an admin comes, deletes my post and sends me a warning message via PM. An admin then comes and re-answers the question without providing the links to the nicks so that the original poster can clearly understand what is going on.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day, it's just a game. You can continue to give warnings.

Dsector, I can waste my time to answer your post but it's only going to be followed with another of your post to back up your argument. While that is fine and understandable, in the end the rule will stay and it is one that is very easy and simple to follow. Don't post on cheat reports that don't include you. We're not asking for anything that will hurt you as a person or player.

#23 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3664 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Spend more time playing, rather than wasting everyone's time on the forum.

If someone has something 'vital' to say in a report that's isn't theirs, then i'm sure the admins are already aware.

#24 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19854 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

two good reason why the rules are there, if you see some thing that can be added might be better to pm the topic maker.

This is a good point, I have done this many times in the past. If you have a tip, PM it.

Are we happy that this conversation has come to a conclusion?

#25 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

These are the smart answers to my questions.

No problem

Dsector, I can waste my time to answer your post but it's only going to be followed with another of your post to back up your argument. While that is fine and understandable, in the end the rule will stay and it is one that is very easy and simple to follow. Don't post on cheat reports that don't include you. We're not asking for anything that will hurt you as a person or player.

What i think about all that? tumblr_m980lsfp0q1rb0ezgo1_500.jpg

Me: That is not a cheat report! THAT IS A POST ASKING FOR HELP!!!! WHY NOT MOVE TO THE RIGHT SECTION!!??

Admins: Well, We dont know, but you deserve 2 warning points for make a post in "Cheat report" cuz we are lazy to move to move it to "Support" forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users