Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • XWIS Name: fgj

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yea there are a lot of ffa 8ers being played daily...lol

98% of people can scout without resorting to alt...its a last ditch effort to scout your enemy...at that point if you need to at scout, your likely far behind anyways, not to mention losing the 1k

let ppl alt...gives me more of an advantage

#27 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

1 REF to Heli pad Rush scout activated. Whole FF map scouted within 2mins.

#28 trunkie

trunkie

New Conscript

• Duplicate account
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

someone already said that planes shouldnt be able to go into the black. nuff said.

#29 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

who cares.  

adds more possibilities to the game which is good.  to say that it limits it more is just stupid.

#30 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Wiggling wasnt intended by the developers, but its considered legal. Alting was allowed on wol, not sure why ur saying it wasnt. Its like being bl on terr and using.harv bombs early on, its petty, but not a cheat

#31 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Wiggling wasnt intended by the developers, but its considered legal. Alting was allowed on wol, not sure why ur saying it wasnt. Its like being bl on terr and using.harv bombs early on, its petty, but not a cheat

#32 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

yes,mainly pro's used it in 1 vs 1's back in wol days johnson n whoever resorts to alt scouting in a 6er or 8er should get smacked. tomo's clueless!

stowned unfortunately kid I don't know you which means you don't know me , saying I'm clueless just shows your age, this is an opinion topic  about alt scouting , I'm giving my opinion , if you disagree that's fine as we live in a democracy, insults with no facts are childish, cheers Tomo 

#33 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Everyone knows me as the alt scouter :) Nice to see correct rules in place. Gj!

I think you're better known for something else, son. I don't alt or care if a player alts me.

#34 stOwned

stOwned

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

stowned unfortunately kid I don't know you which means you don't know me , saying I'm clueless just shows your age, this is an opinion topic  about alt scouting , I'm giving my opinion , if you disagree that's fine as we live in a democracy, insults with no facts are childish, cheers Tomo 

i wouldn't say calling someone clueless is an insult? sorry you feel that way :) not the one turning a alt scouting topic in to a gdi disadvantage
debate.this is a game and i could care less if i know you,all i know is you bring no competition to me.

I think you're better known for something else, son. I don't alt or care if a player alts me.

knocking the bottom end out of ms beck? hahah! im using auto ss..whats your excuse ms england?

I'll only alt someone if they alt me.Alt is frowned apon by most.

Edited by stOwned, 02 August 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#35 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

i wouldn't say calling someone clueless is an insult? sorry you feel that way :) not the one turning a alt scouting topic in to a gdi disadvange
debate.this is a game and i could care less if i know you,all i know is you bring no compition to me.

kocking the bottom end out of ms beck? hahah! im using auto ss..whats your excuse ms england?

I'll only alt someone if they alt me.Alt is frowned apon by most.

I gave my opinion that's all , the other posters disagreed and gave good reasons for their disagreement rather than throw insults , oh and by the way its 'competition' --- clueless

#36 stOwned

stOwned

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

misspelled knocking n disadvantage too..why wasn't this pointed out?? :rizla:

Edited by stOwned, 02 August 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#37 nodrescue

nodrescue

nodrescue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

:busted:

Edited by nodrescue, 09 August 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#38 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I actually think allowing ALT scouting will favour GDI. The hardest thing as a GDI player against a good Nod player is being able to scout enough to send in your first dizz or 2 dizz into a spot where they can be guaranteed to take out a good whack. Especially on big maps, nod can just place 1 sam as a jj is coming and remain unscouted, so GDI's early advtange is scuffled.

If a GDI player and Nod player are both scouted the GDI player is by far the most dangerous in the first 10-15 minutes, generally speaking.

An unscouted Nod base is a dangerous Nod base.

And alt scout is cheating.

#39 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Interesting comments... 

I've posted my thoughts here:

http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/a-response-to-the-alt-scout-debate/

(P.S. If you would like to contribute or help out with my TS blog, please contact me :-) )

#40 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Interesting comments... 

I've posted my thoughts here:

http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/a-response-to-the-alt-scout-debate/

(P.S. If you would like to contribute or help out with my TS blog, please contact me :-) )

A quick response to your blog frodo:

1) MoveToShroud=no

The developers intended subs and planes to be unable to move to any shrouded area on the map. Cross scouting isn't the same because their desitation has to be unshrouded.

2) Of course it dumbs it down. Scouting and anti scouting is a large part of the game. Taking elements out of the game simplifies it and removes tactical options.

3) It's not unfair as everyone can do it. But everyone can glitch firewalls, emp's build anywhere etc. Anyone can use trainers. But once you start doing that why bother playing the game at all.

Edited by elitegi10, 03 August 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#41 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

LOL Elite....Mole's raging, It's his blog not mine...(see what you wrote above)

#42 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Haha apologies I guess I saw the M at the start of the username and assumed it was you Frodo! Nice blog Mole but yeah I completely disagree :p

#43 kab00m4u

kab00m4u

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

The developers at westwood did not intend for alt scouting for planes to be used, and its not a fallacy. Its in the coding, as elitegi said. It's a bug that was not fixed, and should be considered cheating, just like the emp glitch, or infinite FS etc.

The fact that XWIS says its okay means nothing really, its still a cheat to most players, or at the very least completely cheap and shouldnt be allowed.

Edited by kab00m4u, 04 August 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#44 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

I didn't mean the wiggling build anywhere glitch. I meant the one where you place units behind the build bars and move with arrows.

Ogre, WOL didn't allow force alt scout nor did most of the ton2 players. im talking about 99-01 era.

it was frowned upon. Especially at that era, anti scouts was HUGE. People would hide firestorm/ion in the corner of the map or hide expanded or big rushes.

oh and.. BL can make harv bombs.. make sure u kill all his blu tib tho as a retaliation!

After reading Moles response on Argument 2

My Response...

You are right. A heli does have a small enshrouded area around it as it scouts. But this does not stop it for the fact that it can GO DEEP in your base. This results to easier scouts as you already scouted the end or foremost area of the base. Once I have the edge of the map scouted, I can easily send another plane scout and scout the rest of the area with ease. My biggest problem with scouting a meticulously anti-scouted base is getting to the core. Once I hit any part of the core, I can easily navigate around the base. If I cannot see the core, it makes it harder in the long run as I get a scout eventually in..

SHROUDED BASE = This results in valuable guessing time of what the opposing enemy is doing (rush? long game? hoarding units?) resulting my current build to be based on assumptions. If im scouted early enough with ALT scouting, I have to rely on pure brute force and attacks based on the enemies base. Less brain power/less thinking. LAZY! Reminds me of those mod maps that is fully enshrouded! The only strategy is who can build faster and attack better.

Assumptions is what the first 5-10mins of gameplay and strategy! 

If you can find a official tiberian sun strategy guide that shows any indication of force scout, I will rest my case!

After reading Mole's response on Argument 3:

My response..

WORST CASE SCENARIO: You guys WIN.. Alt Scouting is legal.

Lets just say we make ALT scouting legal. Can we have all players agree that alt scouting will be used in the game before starting a match? This way I don't waste time creating antis and people won't have a hissy fit after or during game. Not everyone reads the forum so people won't know its a accepted measure. This will help make it a norm.

Can we make a POLL vote in this thread?

Should we make alt scouting legal?

1 YES

2 NO

3 I can care less

Edited by hefeweize, 05 August 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#45 rooisugly

rooisugly

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • XWIS Name: nil

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

u can try and use waypoint instead of alt.so ppl will not blame u

#46 zosimos

zosimos

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

planes on a waypoint dont go into shroud

#47 bambambam

bambambam

New Conscript

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Plz no alt is a glitch should be banned

#48 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Not everyone is as good as everyone else but...I have managed to scout every single game no matter what side you choose or map, they can focus there entire play on tryin to stop you from scouting, if you think about it, you will always open someone.

So......i don't know i dont even worry about it, even if its legal, i won't use it.. just my personal choice, verse most people i know that don't like engineer rushing as nod or gdi, i don't use that ethier... though i prepare to defend against it, its my standards...i'm not desperate for a win i'd rather play 100000 games, win 50000 lose 50000 and have fun playing how I find fun.

#49 GsterY2K

GsterY2K

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Alt scout was never technically illegal.. it's just a very cheap, no-skill tactic and no good players would ever have used it during TS prime years (few exceptions, obviously). It made things that did require some degree of skill such as anti scouting and keeping your tech path hidden for as long as possible totally redundant because any idiot can just blindly alt a plane to you. So when you had two evenly matched, good ww players (i.e. no fs players or modders) a single alt scout would just ruin the game 'cos you get an instant read on your opponent while remaining unscouted yourself.

I think you have to reach a certain level of skill on TS to fully comprehend why alt scout was a legal but very cheap 'tactic'.

#50 GetGood

GetGood

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • XWIS Name: JohnZpro

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

AlT IS A CHEAT

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled12.jpg

Edited by GetGood, 19 August 2013 - 12:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users