Photo

Issues with the Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge Serials

Best Answer thunderkatt, 19 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Anyways, everything went through and it let me create the nickname and the second charge was refunded so everything appears fine for the moment.  I could have copied the cardboard serial numbers, but that game is probably over 10 yrs. old now--easier to just to buy the new serial and save everyone the hassle.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thunderkatt

thunderkatt

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

I know my CD pack is really old as I have 2 different sets, but my wife uses one and I use the other.  The problem is the older pack Tiberium Sun codes work, but for some reason the serial numbers are giving invalid messages for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge---definitely legitimate codes, but I have had for probably at least 10 yrs.  Not sure if codes from that far back are causing the problem as this was back when you had single CDs for everything---Tiberium Sun worked though so not sure what the issue is.--I am positive I am using the correct serial code---even double checked my registry to make sure that the one installed on my computer matched.

#2 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

what is the error message in full.

#3 thunderkatt

thunderkatt

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Very simple it just says invalid serial when I try to add the nickname---will be happy to provide the serials for both RA2 and RA 2 Yuri's Revenge if it makes any difference as is definitely a legit serial--i am fairly certain I have never registered, which even if I had it would say serial in use, not invalid serial.

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13446 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Could you email a photo of the serials on the original manual to olaf@xwis.net?

#5 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Could you email a photo of the serials on the original manual to olaf@xwis.net?

I was going to ask him to do this^ because I've seen you ask for this a lot of times before, but what's the purpose for it? When you purchase RA2 from...

http://www.mastertronic.com/productSoldOut.asp?pid=174&productLabelID=1

the serial isn't on a manual (as it doesn't come with one), instead it's on a piece of paper that looks like something anyone can print out at home.

#6 thunderkatt

thunderkatt

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

Well I just decided to forget the old serials and buy a new one via Paypal, which has turned out to be more complicated then I thought it would be.  I never got a serial code and then had to dispute one charge because my computer decided to back out at one point causing two charges.  Where do you find the serial code when you purchase via Paypal?

#7 thunderkatt

thunderkatt

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:11 PM   Best Answer

Anyways, everything went through and it let me create the nickname and the second charge was refunded so everything appears fine for the moment.  I could have copied the cardboard serial numbers, but that game is probably over 10 yrs. old now--easier to just to buy the new serial and save everyone the hassle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users