94 replies to this topic

#51 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6691 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

If he uses that many desos then perhaps gb is a solid counter? It will be hard to keep up early game though.

on most maps gb would be worthless against him... like country swing, dry heat, poltergeist, etc.

#52 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

on most maps gb would be worthless against him... like country swing, dry heat, poltergeist, etc.

Why's that?

#53 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sovs can pressure a lot harder and are better in short and mid game especially on maps that have a lot of ore! So yeah a sniper can help you take out some desos, but when you have a ton of money you can just use your rhinos to run through the allies. 

Are not planes a great way to kill desolators? 

Also speaking of desos one of my donts is I do not build enough desos! 

When I am in a tank fight I will turn around and run with rhinos vs rhinos. I need to learn that if I am going to retreat I should retreat before I get into a tank fight. 

#54 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Most likely because its difficult to keep up with iraq on most maps without the use of airdrops or black eagles. But I think worthless is abit harsh. If you can last for the 3 first minutes and get a ifv sniper out and have solid amouth of tanks you got the upper hand I think. (or atleast be able to hold out untill you get the upper hand)

You could go late afc, and focus alot of tanks/dogs and not many air units in order to not get out-tanked.

Edited by Drasten, 23 May 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#55 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

I guess thats something I left out. Without airdrops and black eagles it would just be really hard on some maps to hold off. I think the first 5 mins will be sovs. I think sovs on those maps have the upper hand till late game. 

#56 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Sovs can pressure a lot harder and are better in short and mid game especially on maps that have a lot of ore! So yeah a sniper can help you take out some desos, but when you have a ton of money you can just use your rhinos to run through the allies. 

Are not planes a great way to kill desolators? 

Also speaking of desos one of my donts is I do not build enough desos! 

When I am in a tank fight I will turn around and run with rhinos vs rhinos. I need to learn that if I am going to retreat I should retreat before I get into a tank fight. 

if ur actually in the middle of a tank fight i think running away is a bad idea, probably better to fight it out and then try and recover.

#57 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

yeah thats what I know and think, but I seem to sometimes run which turns your tanks around and that's a bad thing. 

#58 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

if ur actually in the middle of a tank fight i think running away is a bad idea, probably better to fight it out and then try and recover.

yeah thats what I know and think, but I seem to sometimes run which turns your tanks around and that's a bad thing.

I think if it's rhinos vs grizzlies, 'running away' with rhinos might actually be a good strategy because rhinos can shoot 1 cell further than grizzlies, as long as you don't click away too much.

#59 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yeah I agree with that. 

Another thing I do wrong is not make fodder other than dogs. Connies actually make good fodder. 

#60 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

agreed especially running away from mirages bad idea, better off taking out as many as u can then losing your tanks to nothing.

#61 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

-go all in with all my rhinos to take out a grand cannon instead of distracting it with one at a different direction and then charge in with the rest, or use V3s and Kirovs.

i alt with 4 to 6 tanks the grand cannon so it cant shoot me and protect my tanks with there thanks, it only works when enemy does not have alot of pillbox

Talking in game is never a good call, something I used to do a lot more when I first started qming.

Indeed i dont know why people use to say hf gl like it matter.

attacking when you shouldn't, and not attacking when you should

this is one of my problems

Cancelling tanks to make flack and right clicking the tanks icon so fast that when u click the flack it stays on hold, dont know if i explained this right.

Any advice against it?

Or cancelling to make flak and forgetting to make more tanks after

i make tanks but not enough

Accidently starting to contruct naval yard insteed of war factory beacuse im used to non-water map, and since you have to right click maybe 5 times in order to actually cancel a building under progress you will have your wf come out atleast 3 seconds to late. (doesnt have often but when it does its annoying)

this happen too much to me.

My top accidents are

1. not make enough tanks after miners
  2. not Stop the barrack waypoint
  3. Bad deploy of buildings while im attacking, when i see my units they are all wipe out.
  4. try to run over with a flack after gis were deploy
  5. Deso bomb my self while enemy goes away

#62 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

My top accidents are

1. not make enough tanks after miners
  2. not Stop the barrack waypoint
  3. Bad deploy of buildings while im attacking, when i see my units they are all wipe out.
  4. try to run over with a flack after gis were deploy
  5. Deso bomb my self while enemy goes away

1. Against sovs there is no reason to not make 30 tanks after your done making miners. Just max your orders out on tanks. Against allies I go miners if only one I build usually 2 or 3 tanks one flack then like 10 or so tanks for my orders. Then if I need more flacks I will worry about cancelling. (Do not really worry about flack tracks against korea). Really though the best advice is just always keep your tank tap up when your idle. Especially if your in a tank fight. Just when in doubt be looking at your tank tab. use the R button lol.

2. Really? lol ohwell I do this too sometimes Just remember to make a habit to change it back to where you need it to be.  

3. This is actually probably my biggest problem. Be sure to pull your tanks back before you look away from your army. 

4. Flack is a great tool to kill infantry, but flack is to weak to take on deployed gi's. Just don't do that. If you are talking about paradrop you should kill them in the air not on the ground

5.  Start trying to use desos as cut offs. I.e use them as a tool to detour your enemy not to kill them. If your desos are by your army its for fodder not deploying! unless against allies maybe, but do not worry about that. For now use your desos to control your enemy's tanks where you would like them to go. If you want more on this just ask me some time. 

6. as for your advice on cancelling tanks. Just be smart about it and always be watching your tank tab

#63 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

I think if it's rhinos vs grizzlies, 'running away' with rhinos might actually be a good strategy because rhinos can shoot 1 cell further than grizzlies, as long as you don't click away too much.

I was thinking of rhino vs rhino, yea running from grizzly can work in certain situations

agreed especially running away from mirages bad idea, better off taking out as many as u can then losing your tanks to nothing.

yea unless its am army of grizz running away is a bad idea imo, its a common mistake player's make while trying to kill bf's aswell 

#64 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3825 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Don't forget what your numbered teams are!

#65 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Dont build an Ivan when you have a deso deployed on your barracks :)

Good-bye barracks :(

#66 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Dont build an Ivan when you have a deso deployed on your barracks :)

Good-bye barracks :(

Hahahahahaha

#67 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

clicking battle bunker on yr, instead of sentry as the positions are swapped, happens to me a lot as i swap between the two.

#68 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

clicking battle bunker on yr, instead of sentry as the positions are swapped, happens to me a lot as i swap between the two.

When is it better to build a battle bunker and when is it better to build a sentry?

#69 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Battle bunkers are useful on certain maps for stretches in your initial BO (i.e. to place your barracks further away then you would normally be able to without scouting). I do this on Off tourney A for example to try and make sure i get middle, and on urban rush.

Also they provide an obvious tactical advantage in a camping scenario or on maps like Face Down, but generally they aren't used that much.

Edited by yiddo, 27 May 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#70 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

When is it better to build a battle bunker and when is it better to build a sentry?

sentrys are better for when ur under pressure, bunkers are better if ur vs yuri or if its a choke point or basewalking.

Edited by ZiGZaG, 27 May 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#71 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

on deadman's ridge on the left side it allows you to walk down with your barracks and eat all of the other side's engis 

#72 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Battle bunkers own on maps where you are stretching and fighting for position close to another base. It can basically cut off entire portions of maps like those. Ex face down.

#73 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

on deadman's ridge on the left side it allows you to walk down with your barracks and eat all of the other side's engis 

:busted:

#74 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Battle bunkers are useful on certain maps for stretches in your initial BO (i.e. to place your barracks further away then you would normally be able to without scouting). I do this on Off tourney A for example to try and make sure i get middle, and on urban rush.

Also they provide an obvious tactical advantage in a camping scenario or on maps like Face Down, but generally they aren't used that much.

i do it almost every map, only a few exceptions.

#75 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1713 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I really like battle bunkers. In maps where you know armies will come one way you can completely re direct them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users