29 replies to this topic

#1 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Oh wow, where do i start off. Well let me see.

Ive been playing ra2 at 01, nothing serious. just a game from time to time, my very first account was "tomchrono". i was pretty much, what you would call a "nub".

It all started for me at 02, after YR was just released. I remember my bro (ante - flexocrep/paykohan) would wake up early in the morning before school just to play some YR QM's. The PC was in my room, so i woke up aswell and watched him play everytime. He was pretty good. To that time i still wasnt into CNC that much, atleast not competitive-wise. I used abit of sovs, and a bit of allieds. My brother used Yuri, we had alot of "fights" - conversations. It mainly ended up me saying yuri is for noobs and unfair. He would always say something like "you just dont know how to play yuri".

Well one day i got **** and started to play Yuri myself, thats where everything started. It was somewhere early 02, january or february. We were switching roles, i played yuri that month, and my brother soviets.
The first month ever as Yuri, my account was "Yurikilly" - my brother had the account "Sovkilly" - i copied him tongue.png
Anyways we both were qming, him as soviets - me as yuri - who would do better. I finished rank 1.
After that month i was so much into yuri, that ive continued playing it, i got famous. i finished one rank 1 after other, T0mislav, live0rdie, Murd3rlnc, just to name a few.

Very soonly i was so into YR and increased my yuri play that ive faced the bests and beaten the bests for a rank 1. ir0nclad, yurisiave, bapor93, darlok45, lwinagain, imsoneone, just to name a few.
Then i met people like Tommi, Lahham, Yak, Ryan. We started to clan together. We finished several clanrank 1's. *Y-Y* was our first famous clan in YR history.

XCL started very soon, since i was anti-cheaters, i straight joined the server. To that time i was pretty "unknown" in the ra2 scene, since I used to be a YR player all the way. I continued my streak getting rank 1's.
RA2 got more famous to that time, more competitive, people like kane/kit/aeg1s would return again. Play competitive.
I was still heading YR and people like babak/willy would spread my success on forums, then it all started from new.
I got blamed, i was a "yuri newb". i couldnt handle a real game like ra2. That was mainly stated from the RA2 legends, all the yr players would try to defend me and put me up, but without success. I was a "Yuri newb", and thats it.

So one day i decided to switch to ra2, lets see if they're really better than the YR oldschoolers, very first month i met people like
kane/kit/veg/w0nna, etc.
I destroyed one after other. People went around saying i "lag", i "cheat", they just didnt understand how a "YR noob" could own the bests his first month of ra2.
To that time i was so into CNC that ive continued playing both games, i successed everywhere. there were a few months in row - or short time of period, where i finished rank 1 in QM and clan - both games.

Later on XWIS started, i keep continued playing. Sadly the game started to get inactive and people left the game due to that. I didnt, i didnt give up hope. Until one day i was in the lobby, just like every other day. It was early october 05.
60 people were online, immediatly it increased to 100, 200, 300, 1000. A dream come true, the redirection happend! on sundays there were almost 2k players online!
The top 100 had 1000pts+, you could go to qm and get insta games until 1100pts. Even after that, you just had to wait some time in qm to get games, or arrange in lobby.

The legends returned, didnt stop me off anything. I keep continued playing and succeeding. The game was bumping, everyone was playing everyone. Clan was active. QM was very active. You had usually 10-20 clangames up to join. FFG's a tons. It was almost like back in the days.
Everyone was so excited and we all had a great time.

I decided its enough for me at middle 06, where i dropped my activity and hardly played until 09, where i returned and straight got rank 1 - four times in a row. But it wasnt the same for me anymore, i missed the competition, the action.

Now 3 years later, march 2012. I returned once again. some people increased hardcore over the years, but thats what happens when u dont compete in 6 years:P

lets see how long it will last this time until im gone .....

Edited by Tomi, 20 February 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#2 Darknessx

Darknessx

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Good read, makes me think back to how i got started playing the game. i started with red alert 1, and was so excited when the sequel came out. Its cool how your name is synonymous with being the best. there have been polls and contests and the consensus is that you are the undisputed Michael Jordan of Red Alert 2 and YR. congrats on that. i hope the game has many good years left. I'd like to play you sometime. 

Funny story, I was playing Diablo 3 a few months back and the guys i had been matched with asked me what other games i played. I said i have always enjoyed Red Alert 2. They asked me immediately if i ever heard of a guy named Tomi. i chuckled to myself, yes... i have heard of him, who hasnt? youre one of the few great players that hasnt had their reputations killed by being caught cheating.

#3 antonios

antonios

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Class player.One of, if not the best I've seen while playing the game. From an old YR noob :D.

Edited by ANT, 20 February 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#4 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

nice little read tomi :) 

#5 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Good read, makes me think back to how i got started playing the game. i started with red alert 1, and was so excited when the sequel came out. Its cool how your name is synonymous with being the best. there have been polls and contests and the consensus is that you are the undisputed Michael Jordan of Red Alert 2 and YR. congrats on that. i hope the game has many good years left. I'd like to play you sometime. 

Funny story, I was playing Diablo 3 a few months back and the guys i had been matched with asked me what other games i played. I said i have always enjoyed Red Alert 2. They asked me immediately if i ever heard of a guy named Tomi. i chuckled to myself, yes... i have heard of him, who hasnt? youre one of the few great players that hasnt had their reputations killed by being caught cheating.

:p

i also hope c&c lasts for a long time yet, but for myself i hope i get more time/motivation to play competitively again.

p.s. ive also met a few guys on hon and they knew who im, just from cnc, was kinda nice :cool2:

#6 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

:p

i also hope c&c lasts for a long time yet, but for myself i hope i get more time/motivation to play competitively again.

p.s. ive also met a few guys on hon and they knew who im, just from cnc, was kinda nice :cool2:

Want to come and clan with me? :) 

#7 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3664 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Tomiiiiiiiiiiiii <3

#8 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

no speako englisho?/

#9 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18171 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

good read, thanks for including me :)

#10 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Left out the part where sash pwned you?

#11 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

oh cmon now that was pretty mean, but we both know what your problem is, i didnt mention you in my bio!

but since im a nice guy, here we go for an addition.

martin one day decided to start his career creating his own site and consider himself an admin!

the site actually has 2 views a year!

a total of 7 members, including himself and 2 of his dupplicate accounts!

a total of 100 posts, 97 by himself and 3 on his dupplicate accounts!

after accepting his fail, he decided to give it a new go by creating a map called "alaskan outback".

ever tried the map sinkhole and thought it sucked? oh well then you never have played alaskan outback.

only for you honey :cool2:

Edited by Tomi, 28 May 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#12 KoninhoPau

KoninhoPau

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Left out the part where sash pwned you?

sash cheated

#13 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

ever tried the map sinkhole and thought it sucked? oh well then you never have played alaskan outback.

Now this, made me laugh.  Thanks.

#14 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4098 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

sash cheated

Yeah, but you can't take the credit of how good he was away. He was a top player with sovs and allies.

#15 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8661 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, but you can't take the credit of how good he was away. He was a top player with sovs and allies.

I agree

#16 hardman

hardman

Commander

• Strike Team
  • 10521 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

oh cmon now that was pretty mean, but we both know what your problem is, i didnt mention you in my bio!

martin one day decided to start his career creating his own site and consider himself an admin!

after accepting his fail, he decided to give it a new go by creating a map called "alaskan outback".

this is lols

#17 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

Martin is making new ra2/Yuri client that will rip the heck of every ra server in the planet.

It seems that you're having nightmares about this map :p

#18 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

lol

#19 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

WHY I DONT GET MENTIONED ?  :crybaby: :bye2:  :bicycle: i created the legendary nick " BIKETIME" plz Change ur BIO!

#20 hardman

hardman

Commander

• Strike Team
  • 10521 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Spot on ^^

ignored his posts ages ago...

#21 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

lol i like when ppl hate me.. im on the right track Buddy :bye1:

oh and since when mentaly weak Kids like you can give me edvice what to stop or not lol u funny kid... :lollol:

Tomi when u mentioin me maaan ?

Edited by XWISMOSTWANTED, 29 May 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#22 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3825 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Lol I feel a Tomi fan club in the works......

#23 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

pfft. tomi is a nerd. And a nub as well. :bicycle:

#24 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

Of course he's a nub, he plays sov... Playing soviet is like a point n click adventure, like some of them flash games..

#25 ImJordan

ImJordan

The Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

@ piners, noob newb or nub? what's the difference :p

And yeah Tomi it was epic back in the days when thousands were on......never had to wait didn't matter what timezone you were in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users