eskimo

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • XWIS Name: eskimo

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hello to whoever looks in!

I used to play Tib Dawn, RA1 and RA2 some years ago. Tbf i was quite nooby at Tib Dawn and RA1, but was capable of a base walk and a tank rush  :p

I never played RA2 competitively but got fairly competent with teamwork. My worst map to play was Hammer & Sickle, i hated that map. My favourite was Country Swing. I had to Google the names, cause i literally couldn't remember anything! I am guilty of biting and engaging in arguments online, but then i was a teenager, so that's all past me.

I wanted to come back a year or two ago, but couldn't cause i had tennis elbow/ tendinitis. I didn't really play any games after finishing on RA2. I went to the Xbox a few years later to discover COD and relive Halo. COD died a quick death imo, and now Halo 4 is on the edge. As i'm not working much atm, still recovering from another bike riding injury, and going travelling at the end of summer i'm wanting something better to play. I questioned a few games, Skyrim being one, but still costing a bit of money. 

So Red Alert 2 maybe? 

TL:DR

What's RA2 like these days? Forums seem active. I think i was most active in 2007, so what's it like now compared to then? I seem to remember RA2 was having some issues then, but before that i have no idea, as i was just purely casual playing. 

I'm not going to type anymore for the moment as i think that's enough  :)

Edited by eskimo, 18 February 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#2 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14914 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hello to whoever looks in!

I used to play Tib Dawn, RA1 and RA2 some years ago. Tbf i was quite nooby at Tib Dawn and RA1, but was capable of a base walk and a tank rush  :p

I never played RA2 competitively but got fairly competent with teamwork. My worst map to play was Hammer & Sickle, i hated that map. My favourite was Country Swing. I had to Google the names, cause i literally couldn't remember anything! I am guilty of biting and engaging in arguments online, but then i was a teenager, so that's all past me.

I wanted to come back a year or two ago, but couldn't cause i had tennis elbow/ tendinitis. I didn't really play any games after finishing on RA2. I went to the Xbox a few years later to discover COD and relive Halo. COD died a quick death imo, and now Halo 4 is on the edge. As i'm not working much atm, still recovering from another bike riding injury, and going travelling at the end of summer i'm wanting something better to play. I questioned a few games, Skyrim being one, but still costing a bit of money. 

So Red Alert 2 maybe? 

TL:DR

What's RA2 like these days? Forums seem active. I think i was most active in 2007, so what's it like now compared to then? I seem to remember RA2 was having some issues then, but before that i have no idea, as i was just purely casual playing. 

I'm not going to type anymore for the moment as i think that's enough  :)

Welcome back! :)

Activity will seem a lot different in comparison to 2007 nonetheless you can still get some great games. I recommend installing with our Multiplayer installer. 

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171448-read-me-first/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users