#26 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

These topics annoy me for a number of reasons. I see where you're coming from Corps, and I know you like competition in your little niche of TS, but really, I do wonder why any of you even care.

Take the other day for instance. I enjoy playing with Mike as a) he's a laugh, b) he's pretty good, and c) he knows how to have fun. When one of the so called 'top terrace players' (diego) plays a ffg with me, Mike and Stej, he left after a minute because he mis-placed a ref. I mean seriously -- SERIOUSLY -- what is the problem? It's just a game people -- a game that's old, unbalanced, has two viable legitimate maps, and has a player base well below 100. Why do you all then need to take it so seriously? Mis-placing a ref slightly really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. And when it comes to terrace, you know what? I don't care who's got the best bo from TL. In fact, I'd much prefer not to play with someone who equates terrace ability to life.

This really isn't meant to be a dig at Chris as he's a good friend of mine, but it's a comment on all of you tez 1v1 players. As it goes in that same game where diego quit, Mike, Stej and I had a really fun FFA, We didn't bitch, we didn't moan about bo's, heck it didn't matter that Stej and Mike spent most the game trying to double me along with the AI that did more damage to me than they did. It was FUN and we played the game in the spirit that it's intended to be played in.

In my opinion this is one of the main problems with the game, and embodies a problem with both the modder and ww sides of the 'divide'. Open your minds people and play TS competitively yes, but please, please, please don't take it so seriously!

#27 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Amen. Embracing the 'fun' side of TS can also help in our efforts in attracting new players. ;)

#28 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

lol mole<3

Very true! I'm sure chris and some other people are perfectionists, but in my opinion, the more mistakes you make and keep going, the better it is to learn how to adapt once you messup, whereas, trying to prevent ever messing up is hard.

#29 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

But in a ffg? In a stacked team vs u and Stej? Have fun I say, and don't take it so seriously. Heck, if anyone's seen my inconsistent form recently would see I don't!

#30 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

competition is fun, mole. diego has always done things like that, he sees it differently than you do. some of us find the fun challenging ourselves to pull off hard tactics and recover from them (like he does), and having refs out of place can screwup the flow of your cash enough to prevent it from working. i see what you're saying, but some players have fun doing different things than others.

#31 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

if i played standard id prob win more but be bored.

i have fun and die stupid sometimes!!

#32 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • XWIS Name: North

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

If this thread was named "10 remaining TS players list" All information within it would still be accurate.

#33 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

If this thread was named "10 remaining TS players list" All information within it would still be accurate.

yep.

#34 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Yeah specifically, c0rpsmakr not on the list lol

#35 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Yeah specifically, c0rpsmakr not on the list lol

lol btw i dont see you anymore? come online at night i train u:p

#36 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Giving you guys time to gain actual skill. lol

#37 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

lol

Edited by MaYwEaThErDaZ, 06 December 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#38 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3825 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

These topics annoy me for a number of reasons. I see where you're coming from Corps, and I know you like competition in your little niche of TS, but really, I do wonder why any of you even care.

Take the other day for instance. I enjoy playing with Mike as a) he's a laugh, b) he's pretty good, and c) he knows how to have fun. When one of the so called 'top terrace players' (diego) plays a ffg with me, Mike and Stej, he left after a minute because he mis-placed a ref. I mean seriously -- SERIOUSLY -- what is the problem? It's just a game people -- a game that's old, unbalanced, has two viable legitimate maps, and has a player base well below 100. Why do you all then need to take it so seriously? Mis-placing a ref slightly really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. And when it comes to terrace, you know what? I don't care who's got the best bo from TL. In fact, I'd much prefer not to play with someone who equates terrace ability to life.

This really isn't meant to be a dig at Chris as he's a good friend of mine, but it's a comment on all of you tez 1v1 players. As it goes in that same game where diego quit, Mike, Stej and I had a really fun FFA, We didn't bitch, we didn't moan about bo's, heck it didn't matter that Stej and Mike spent most the game trying to double me along with the AI that did more damage to me than they did. It was FUN and we played the game in the spirit that it's intended to be played in.

In my opinion this is one of the main problems with the game, and embodies a problem with both the modder and ww sides of the 'divide'. Open your minds people and play TS competitively yes, but please, please, please don't take it so seriously!

this is the most annoying thing ever, is people misplacing things, o r messing up then just quitting...

like really? it is a game and you should be thrilled by the challenge of having an uphill battle!
Or just build around mistakes.
IT doesn't hurt to play differently everyonce in a while anyways -_-

#39 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Especially in a game where you can count the 'good' standard players on two hands, where it takes 30+ mins to get a game in the first place!

#40 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Whereas Middlesky was a true elite because of how he'd keep playing in games even if he was experimenting with weird tactics which might not have worked!

#41 Mjddleski

Mjddleski

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Variety keeps things interesting... I waste my time with visceroid and new age modders regardless if they have a rule for everything just to make nod a semiadequate side.

#42 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

I find Nod to be the superior side seeing as how in long games, it's just too much of an advantage when they have lasers, artillery, stealth, EMP and tons of sams and bans!

#43 Mjddleski

Mjddleski

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Not if I emp your main and send 5 dis at u. None of your defense is versatile to be offensive. Gdis defensive units double as assets towards the offensive end.

#44 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

indeed, gdi is the better team only on, 1-close range maps(Terrace) and maps without veinS

a map like conflict which favors nod (small entrances... + big map + infinite veins that u cannot kill)

PLUS dont get me started on hijacking and engineer harvesters that can blue up 2 2000$ buildings.

of course theres always an exception such as

Well i own as all TEAMs coz im the best eva, also......... i can train u for moneys!1

#45 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

LOL! All I can say is I'm thankful TeamSpeed never wants to play Tread Lightly, because that seems to be the ultimate Nod map!! Even more of a Nod map than A River Runs Near, even! Even if you repair every bridge on Tread Lightly, I still don't think it's possible to get titans from one corner of the map to the other1 ;*( On that map if the Nod stealths, builds up bans and sams and defence, they'd probably be unbeatable! ;*(

Mid, I very seldom play as Nod! Plus, I've found that when Nods have lots of bans, they can destroy big groups of titans almost as fast as bombers! ;*( And even take out a dis before they can fire! ;*(

#46 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

presently

kapa
dar/trz
c0rps
fjnecigar
movieno0b
middlesky
mammy2k12
diego
madwolf82
alter3go

all time

dachschaf
megaf0rce
killerkg
aphrodlte
f1ref0x
a1mighty1
goldnglow
kapa371
xistentz
atombombu

kapa/schaf dominated ts most.

megaf0rce most consistent.

best nod = maxpovver, anac0ndax, dachschaf
best 2v2 = megaf0rce/movieno0b

best all around player ever = schaf
most improved = c0rpsmakr

best ally personally = cambria

the end.

#47 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

What's Diego's name, now? ;*O

#48 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Chris ^ :p

And Mid is 100% spot on ^

#49 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

i disagree good luck emping rocket men, and all those arts, ona chokehold map, :] and landing ur mcv without it dyin to bans or a cc or hijacker or so many other options lol

unless u can get 5 disr and emp before I can get my defense up:D

on terrace, or any close-range map wit no choke point u can simply click titans and men, alt them both to enemy, its gg.

#50 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

I don't get why so many Nod players consider Terrace, and other Terrace-sized maps to be unfair to Nod players, seeing as how in the past, there were elite Nod Terrace players, such as XtrmForce (who had a build order named after him) and Insyder19! I believe Stefor had a great Nod on Terrace as well, although I only played his GDI! And sometimes, even I think Terrace is too big because of how you can send your man rush after selling your second ref, and a good GDI player can still have a disruptor out by the time your man rush gets to his base, which means GG to you! ;*(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users