#51 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

[/font][/color]
Did you and everyone else in the match have serials in your XWIS Game Accounts?

idont know if they had. wht does that matter? btw can u check my game log and let me know if they had?

#52 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

@Ste_J and Mole: Any more games (with nicks), that should have counted that you could report for Olaf to investigate?

I know you're going to say that the people who I played against didn't have valid serial numbers. But what am I supposed to be, a mind reader? If someone's making a tourny, or joins my tourny, I have every right to assume that they're an official tournament player, and that I'll get points for beating them. If the regular tournament players know that 90% of their games aren't going to count because according to the XWIS leadership, most players don't have serial numbers, then the ladder will die. No one wants to get a bunch of wins and losses, and then find out that only the losses have counted on the ladder. I feel like the people who have serials such as myself are being punished because lots of others don't have serials. I mean, what motivation could someone possibly have to buy a serial number to compete on a tournament ladder where most of their games won't count anyway? I feel the people who have serial numbers should be rewarded by being given points, even if they beat someone without a serial number in a tourny.

And the reason I say most games don't count in general, is because there's no one on the TS ladder who has played 5 or more tournament games in one day since the 16th, or so.

#53 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Completely agree with the above post by Stej. This whole thing is then made more confusing / enfuriating when you play someone who is ON THE LADDER then to not have it count as apparently THEY dont have serial.

#54 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I know you're going to say that the people who I played against didn't have valid serial numbers. But what am I supposed to be, a mind reader? If someone's making a tourny, or joins my tourny, I have every right to assume that they're an official tournament player, and that I'll get points for beating them. If the regular tournament players know that 90% of their games aren't going to count because according to the XWIS leadership, most players don't have serial numbers, then the ladder will die. No one wants to get a bunch of wins and losses, and then find out that only the losses have counted on the ladder. I feel like the people who have serials such as myself are being punished because lots of others don't have serials. I mean, what motivation could someone possibly have to buy a serial number to compete on a tournament ladder where most of their games won't count anyway? I feel the people who have serial numbers should be rewarded by being given points, even if they beat someone without a serial number in a tourny.

And the reason I say most games don't count in general, is because there's no one on the TS ladder who has played 5 or more tournament games in one day since the 16th, or so.

i played 2 clan tournees last night on tezz and bbg . not on ladder yet or ever will be .. this is bs! outrageous!

#55 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Completely agree with the above post by Stej. This whole thing is then made more confusing / enfuriating when you play someone who is ON THE LADDER then to not have it count as apparently THEY dont have serial.

Thanks a lot!!!!!! ;*D

i played 2 clan tournees last night on tezz and bbg . not on ladder yet or ever will be .. this is bs! outrageous!

Ya, I saw your entertaining argument in the lobby with NodRescue. ;*P

#56 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

We need to promote awareness guys. Users need to have their serials added into the XWIS Game Account.

1) If you've lost your serial, use the XWISC tool to extract it.

Posted Image

2) Visit your XWIS Game Account and hit Create Nick.

3) Enter your TS serial. You can do this by clicking Red Alert 2 or Renegade and pasting your serial (The system automatically detects that it's a TS serial).

This will add your serial into your XWIS Game Account, if you haven't already and will allow your games to count on the ladder. This will also associate your nicks to your XWIS forum account. This will apply to anyone who has had their nicks for several years and has yet to register an XWIS account.

Edited by Sean3z, 25 October 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#57 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Can there be a link added on xwis control panel interface regarding players that are qualified for ladder? that should be np ez for you guys

And what mole40k said above how would anyone know if some one is ladder qualified or not? there has to be a solution for this STRIKE TEAM

What if non serial players were given generic nick names(newbie1, newbie2, etc etc), and they cannot make or join clans.

Edited by MrFrodo, 25 October 2012 - 09:47 PM.
post clarity.

#58 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Perhaps something could be added to the XWIS Game Account that notifies the user which games they've registered valid serials.

Olaf, do you think this would be possible? It could eliminate a lot of confusion.

While it should be possible from a technical standpoint, would it be worth just preventing users without valid serials from creating Tournament Games? This way, only serial verified users can host tournament games therefore eliminating additional confusion.

Albeit, I haven't tested this but, the client should just stay in the lobby if the server join confirmation isn't sent. Then 'xwis' could page the user informing them to register a serial to play tournament games. If possible, this same method could also prevent them from joining Tournament games.

Edited by Sean3z, 25 October 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#59 xtrmtea

xtrmtea

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

You could just ask the player if they have a serial.....

#60 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

That's not really a solution since there's so much confusion among the community at this point. Some players originally had serials but, have since downloaded the freeware version (which doesn't send serial data); so their nicks still work but, there's no serial associated.

#61 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Thanks Sean!!!!

#62 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

When I tried to register my TS serial with Renegade like you said Sean, it said my serial has already been registered!!!!!

#63 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

What was the entire error message?

#64 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I can't remember. ;*( Sorry. I thought about taking a screenshot, but didn't. ;*|

#65 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

That's not really a solution since there's so much confusion among the community at this point. Some players originally had serials but, have since downloaded the freeware version (which doesn't send serial data); so their nicks still work but, there's no serial associated.

There is patch in working right?? if it is, you could fix this problem. and make compulsory for people to download patch or else they be disallowed to login

#66 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Regarding serials and tourneys, it seems to penalise players with serials that they can then only play against people with serials as well. Perhaps as I suggested before, consider having it so if you have a serial it counts FOR YOU, but for the other person it won't count.

Also, can someone please look to see if my (very old) Xwis account Mole40k has a serial attached to it, and what other logs I have under that one etc. I have two serials so I have some other logs that do have serials, but I have no idea if my original Mole40k is set up under the current system, and what my login details are etc. TYVM.

#67 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

I must agree with elitegi here, too many cheaters in the game, but may i suggest when the patch for the auto ss is available can the so called good players listed throughout this forum use it , as i will be and my clan will be too ,
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users