#26 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Someone hit the above poster please...

1- FFGS on any game cannot and will not be cheat-free for any reason because it would TAKE MASSIVE cheat reports and just so you know, the cheaters won't download AUTOSS(so it has to be mandatory but they dont make it mandatory like on ra2)
and.......its only tournys which is OKAY.

if you find someone cheating in a FFG its real simple, ban them from ur games and remake?? its not like ull lose points, if they keep namehiding,m keep rebaning when they show themselves/cheat again

in 2v2 games unless yoru 1v1ing ffg, if someone cheats and the 3 players see that 1 perso ncheating, they will ALL ban him from now on, and remake...

ffgs = no problem

Tournys=problem

Autoss mandatory = solve all tourny problems. but it wont be mandatory unfortuantly(i hope it is tho!!)

P.s. The TS "patch" also comes iwth other features.

Elitegi its funny u mention u havent played coz fairplay or w/e..

Well I just wanted to let you know since 2001 til 2012( with very rare occasionally bans) there has been mass cheatin on ladder.

so kinda weird time 2 quit...........................................

o.O

Edited by miketehmaster, 23 October 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#27 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Someone hit the above poster please...

Mike, stfu. You are a known cheater yourself so of course you will rubbish the idea of auto ss for ffg's too. Not a known cheater? You even streamed a video of yourself using a mapper you idiot. Anyone who even has a mapper can never be trusted to play fairly in any context. You may try, but cannot give a legit argument to this.

And so what if it takes a load of work, and is a fair bit of hassle. For me, having seen DCaseals piece of crap uploads of him happily using that fog hack... that's enough to give me NO reason to play ts unless the problem can be resolved.

And yes I know there's always been cheaters on this game, I quit for 2 years when Eli and Glenn (who were my buddies/clan mates a few years ago) when they both told me they have been using mappers for a long time and I should use one too. I was simply like "are you f-ing serious? GTFO".

So idk, unless an auto-ss can be made for FFG's there is no point, and no point in trying to improve TS when it is littered with scum who can't even play a game fairly...

#28 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Upon release, we encourage the entire community to use the Auto SS for FFG and ladder games (it will work for both). However, XWIS currently only reviews and implements bans for ladder games. This is particularly valid in our case as serials are only required to play the ladder.

If serials were re-enabled globally, I'm sure an argument could be made to additionally ban cheaters for FFG games.

#29 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

For one, im all for autoss and no cheating in ffgs

but I realistically know it is too much work to be done. :[ so I guess you won't be coming back

I'll miss you even if you flamed me!

P.s. Just read seans post, i didnt know it worked for ffgs
but thats good

anyway you will get people whom I already talked to one who said it will lag(TRZ!!)

and not download it, autoss isnt mandatory unfortuantly, only "encouraged"

Edited by miketehmaster, 23 October 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#30 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Ah as long as they will be posted for FFG's, that's a step in the right direction! I see the issue with banning people, especially with a free game, and when the game is low on numbers anyway... But I geniunely believe all the cheating crap has driven more people away from TS than bans for cheaters would ever do.

#31 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

anyway you will get people whom I already talked to one who said it will lag(TRZ!!)

Screenshots will be uploaded post-gameres, therefore your games will no lag.

But I geniunely believe all the cheating crap has driven more people away from TS than bans for cheaters would ever do.

Agreed. We have to take an aggressive stance on cheaters by reporting them. I'd strongly suggest even posting those that cheat in FFGs. This way, the community is aware of those that could potentially cheat on the ladder.

#32 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

I agree with everything Sean has said throughout this topic, and appreciate the work he's doing. Is there any update on a possible completion date for the patch?

Edited by Orochi, 24 October 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#33 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I have screenshots of this ds guy both mapping and builing anywhere vs mike last night. Will upload when i get to my pc.

#34 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Watch his youtube videos. hahahahah

#35 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Remember warning of other people is onething, giving too much "Fame" to someone is another, ignore him, Iuse 2 be someone simillar like him, he just want attention and angry coz banned, tryin 2get people to get banned wit him, unfortuantly he is also tryin to support himself off a 9.99$? 10 year old maphac k.......that he didnt make...

o.O

#36 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Is there any update on a possible completion date for the patch?

I would like to have beta testers by November 8th. PM me if you're interested.

I'm with Mike. It would be best to stop filling this guy's ego ;)

#37 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

You mean, we can expect to have the ladder down until well into November?????/

#38 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

You mean, we can expect to have the ladder down until well into November?????/

I have no clue where you got that from? No where did I imply that. No, silly.

#39 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

I was assuming the ladder and the patch maintenance were related!!!!! ;*O

#40 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

STEJ vote for serials to be enabled so we can start bannin people and new players will be happier, though they still will be makin subpar cheat reports with not enough info due to lack of knownledge and experience doing it

#41 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was assuming the ladder and the patch maintenance were related!!!!! ;*O

AFAIK, the ladder is working fine. I think we're now just getting a true account of how many freeware players we've actually acquired.

#42 Lurker

Lurker

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm up for the beta testing.

#43 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

AFAIK, the ladder is working fine. I think we're now just getting a true account of how many freeware players we've actually acquired.

But the top ten has been the same for a week or so, even though none of them have many points.

#44 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Plus a ive stated before the top 10 includes players without serials!

#45 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

sean ladder not working. i just play 2 game (clan battles 2v2) tonight. dont see them on the ladder.
i think clan battle is something u shud market to increase ts activity.
also need to have proper tutorials to ww, visc and other mod maps so newbies can learn.

Yo Sean you see the video he(dcaseal) made? Calling you idiot for saying his cheats have a virus in them. care to reply, please.

also why it says m a "new conscript"? sounds very condescending.

#46 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Upon release, we encourage the entire community to use the Auto SS for FFG and ladder games (it will work for both). However, XWIS currently only reviews and implements bans for ladder games. This is particularly valid in our case as serials are only required to play the ladder.

If serials were re-enabled globally, I'm sure an argument could be made to additionally ban cheaters for FFG games.

Dear Sean,
What's the issue with banning non-serial cheating ts players? or players cheating in ffg games. (as long as there is valid proof)

#47 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

@Ste_J and Mole: Any more games (with nicks), that should have counted that you could report for Olaf to investigate?

Yo Sean you see the video he(dcaseal) made? Calling you idiot for saying his cheats have a virus in them. care to reply, please.

also why it says m a "new conscript"? sounds very condescending.

@MrFrodo: Yes I saw it, I don't feel the need to reply. I would hope the community would have enough wherewithal to realize that he wouldn't infect himself or he could have a non-infected version. That video proves nothing ;)

Would you trust the person selling this hack (trying to protect his product) or a Virus Scan against 40 different major anti-virus companies?

Detection Ratio: 37/42
Analysis Date: 2012-10-22 20:33:15 UTC (5 minutes ago)
First seen: 2008-01-14 20:05:44 UTC (4 years, 9 months ago)
Virus Scan by Virus Total

Regarding "New conscript": increase your post count.
Regarding "ffg cheaters": Without having serials, implementing bans is difficult and very easy to dodge - leaving them ineffective.

#48 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

@MrFrodo: Yes I saw it, I don't feel the need to reply. I would hope the community would have enough wherewithal to realize that he wouldn't infect himself or he could have a non-infected version. That video proves nothing ;)

Would you trust the person selling this hack (trying to protect his product) or a Virus Scan against 40 different major anti-virus companies?

Regarding "New conscript": increase your post count.
Regarding "ffg cheaters": Without having serials, implementing bans is difficult and very easy to dodge - leaving them ineffective.

what about
sean ladder not working. i just play 2 game (clan battles 2v2) tonight. dont see them on the ladder.

also need to have proper tutorials to ww, visc and other mod maps so newbies can learn.

#49 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

what about

Did you and everyone else in the match have serials in your XWIS Game Accounts?

I couldn't agree more. We need to make clans less disposable. I've considered reviving the battleclans site.
As far as tutorials, what's holding you back? :p

Edited by Sean3z, 25 October 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#50 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

As far as tutorials go, can I recommend:

http://www.mjryder.net/tiberian-sun-a-players-guide.html

and my brief FF guide:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/174868-forest-fires-the-guide/

I am also writing short blogs giving tips and things here:

http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/

If you need specific help or have any questions, please post here and myself and others will be happy to help! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users