cjapka

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Helo guys,
can you anybody help me?

When I try to start downloaded RA2 from this page, I become this error: Unable to set video mode

Does anybody know, how to solve this problem? I have installed RA2 resolutionpatch, but still not working:(
Thanks a lot for every answer!!!
Ondrej

#2 nuker7738

nuker7738

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I've vaguely heard of this problem before. Essentially the problem is that the game is having trouble communicating with your computer's graphics card drivers.

I don't know anything conclusive but several people have said a simple re-install fixes the problem. It would be worth a try to back up the folder you have right now by renaming it and just install plain old RA2 using the link here http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/files/file/8-red-alert-2-download/.

If it continues to give you the error, you can try re-installing and updating the drivers for your graphics card by downloading the latest drivers from your manufacturer's website.

If that doesn't work, there are a couple other DLLs and fixes floating around that are targeted at video-related issues. To my knowledge there's no magic fix-all relating to your symptom but symptoms only point to a deeper issue, and perhaps a patch is out there to fix your underlying problem.

Edited by nuker7738, 04 October 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#3 cjapka

cjapka

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Thanks Nuker! I will try and give a report;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users