Photo

How do you get a high resolution with Olaf's TS?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

When I say Olaf's version of Tiberian Sun, I mean the non-CD version that you can download in his pinned thread in this part of the forums! When I downloaded it in the past, it wouldn't let me have higher than an 800x600 resolution in games, and when I tried copying and pasting the sun.ini file from the TS CDs into Olaf's version of TS and using that to change the resolution to a higher one, it still didn't work!!! So does anyone have any ideas, or know if it's even possible? ;*O Thanks in advance, everyone! ;*D Oh, and the reason I'm asking now even though I've played in recent days is because I just tried installing TS on my downstairs laptop, which is newer, and supposedly more powerful than the one I play on upstairs, and yet when I installed TS and downloaded the patches, it said there was one or more missing or damaged DLL files when I tried to start the game up! ;*( So I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer! ;*D

#2 Tahj

Tahj

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts
  • XWIS Name: Tahj

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Increasing the resolution is the same throughout all versions of TS. You can adjust the ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight parameters in the [Video] section, by editing the Sun.ini file located in your Tiberian Sun installation directory.

Regarding the "one or more missing or damaged DLLs" issue: If you downloaded the XWIS Multiplayer only version of TS, you don't need to install the 2.03 patch. Additionally, ensure that you're launching Tiberian Sun with administrator privileges by editing the Properties for game.exe, setting the Compatibility Mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3 and checking "Run this program as Administrator" (Step 4) .

Lastly, topics like these should be posted in the Support forum :)

Edited by Sean3z, 07 September 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#3 Lurker

Lurker

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes, What Sean just said.

If your unable to save your sun.ini then drag it to your desktop and edit there then save it then drag it back to TS folder

#4 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

You can also type the following under the video section in your sun.ini :

[Video]
AllowHiResModes=true

Save, load TS, go to options, then display and all available resolutions will be displayed.

Edited by jeffbeck, 07 September 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#5 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

You're not going to believe this, but even after I downloaded Olaf's version of TS and uninstalled the CD TS, it's still saying that there's missing or damaged DLL files when I try to start up Olaf's TS. I couldn't believe it either at first, which is why I double checked the version, but it still didn't work. ;*( So now it seems like checking to make sure I'm opening it as an administrator is my only chance, because it feels like I've tried almost everything else. Well, there are one or two other ideas that I have, but I'm running out of time. So if any of you could tell me how to check that I'm opening it as an administrator, I'd be grateful. Thanks. ;*D

You can also type the following under the video section in your sun.ini :

[Video]
AllowHiResModes=true

Save, load TS, go to options, then display and all available resolutions will be displayed.

Thanks! ;*D I've never tried that before! It should be interesting. ;*D

Ahhh... I didn't see that you'd linked to a page explaining how to run the game as an administrator! I'll try all this the next time I get a chance! Why is it that almost nothing relating to TS is ever simple or straight forward?? ;*/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users