Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9127 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

I just starting some games on tiberian sun... but i'm not sure of what "harvester truce" is ?
Can anyone give me more information about it and what are the classic options ? (short games, Bases, Fog of war, etc...)
Cuz i think some games are not counted on tournament with bad game settings.

#2 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Aren't you a decent ra2 player?

Might actually be worth training you a bit. If you tell me a time I'd be willing to give it a try.
TS is ****ing hard to learn though, let me tell you that.
Even with decent training I can't guarantee that you will be able to even play in a half decent match within months. If you show effort and ability though, you might have a chance.

If I (my nicks are I0NST0RM, Movieno0b) don't catch you, then try others - alot will be willing to help. Your best bet will be hondata I guess.

#3 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9127 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Why not, i have actually fun with tiberian sun, but i just played more of 4 games who are not into stats... cuz of the variation of settins maybe i dont know? What can you say to me about it ?

#4 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

You can't kill harvesters when truce is on - i think. Basic settings would be: bases on, multi-eng on, harv truce off, short game and bridges destroyable on.

#5 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9127 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for these information, if the game is playing without bacis settings it will not be ranked if i understand good?

#6 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Aren't you a decent ra2 player?

Might actually be worth training you a bit. If you tell me a time I'd be willing to give it a try.
TS is ****ing hard to learn though, let me tell you that.
Even with decent training I can't guarantee that you will be able to even play in a half decent match within months. If you show effort and ability though, you might have a chance.

Epic, lol.

#7 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

welcome to ts

Edited by e5q8, 07 May 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#8 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9127 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yeah i will say sorry for saying "noob" i was a little angry but after i dont understand why you gonna accept a rule and laming me so hard, specially when you know i'm just coming after 2-3 days for having fun. What point ? Instead of that you can maybe give more informations about the game and answer to me about some questions.
for example why we dont have game stats.

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4963 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

i was gonna try too.. lol this e5 guy has youtube vids where he acts like a king.. but i guess he lames new guys- keeping the right priorities! got the win!

#10 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

What e5 doesn't show are the games where he uses the map revealing mod he made.

Edited by jeffbeck, 07 May 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#11 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

''Laming'' is a natural part of Tiberian sun. Get used to it. Engi is fine because you need multiple engies.
Everything else is just normal.

#12 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:26 AM

first rule you should follow when learning ts, chrisev: anything that is not cheating (aka third party programs/alt scouting/glitches except wiggling) are usable. i understand that it's frustrating to learn a game when you dont know the basics yet and you die to things you dont even know exist or how they function, but if you dont get upset and learn from the losses you will have a much easier time adjusting. if you need help, itzmeseb or me (c0rpsmakr) would be willing to help you whenever possible. enjoy the game

#13 phildaone

phildaone

SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well, i play TS since '06, had many breaks and i'm back now since 2 weeks.
I have to say i never played badder then today :D i'm so ****ing rusty, isnt possible.
I can also you teach you some bo's which i learned of good players like stefor and so on.
To Joe and Sebb, bring me in form a bit ,again please ! :))
I suck so pretty hard at the moment :/

By the way, you can also catch me on ts if i'm on, so we can have a couple of games.

log is g1nger337 :)

#14 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9127 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

first rule you should follow when learning ts, chrisev: anything that is not cheating (aka third party programs/alt scouting/glitches except wiggling) are usable. i understand that it's frustrating to learn a game when you dont know the basics yet and you die to things you dont even know exist or how they function, but if you dont get upset and learn from the losses you will have a much easier time adjusting. if you need help, itzmeseb or me (c0rpsmakr) would be willing to help you whenever possible. enjoy the game

Yeah, i realise how good you are on this game, we will have more games into next days and thanks for all your informations about tiberian sun :p

Edit> So now i know why some tournament are not into stats and i just have realise it's possible to play unofficial map on tournament game with AI unit ! WoW

Edited by Chrisev, 08 May 2012 - 10:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users