#1 Owlgdi

Owlgdi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

Hi guys,

I am trying to get back into Tiberian Sun a little lately, but I can't seem to play for very long until the game freezes or crashes. I have a screenshot of the one error saying it was a C++ runtime error R6025 pure vital function call caused by game.exe. Sorry if the image is huge but it shows the error message in detail.

Anyways my system is running Windows XP SP3 with all the latest updates. I tried disabling DirectDraw accelleration in dxdiag and that's when the game just froze about 10-15 mins. in with no error message.

I was playing this game offline in a skrimish against the computer. My version of the game is from the first decade (packaged with the C&C Saga set). I am running the disk and everything, all legit.

My other system specs are:
XP SP3 Home Edition
CPU: 3.0GHz Amd Athlon X2 Dual Core
4GB RAM DDR2 800
2x 8800GTS 640MB SLI
M-Audio Delta AP192 Soundcard
2WD Black 640GB Raid 0
Samsung Optical DVD Drive
750W PSU

Any idea why this game crashes so much? I can't wait til' I have to try to get this to run on Windows 7 next...

Posted Image

#2 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

Try playing maps that are not so awfully made. I can see numerous errors on the map.

#3 Owlgdi

Owlgdi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

Try playing maps that are not so awfully made. I can see numerous errors on the map.

lol, ok fair enough. I will try it again tonight on some of the stock maps.

I also had a crash playing a version of the map "Green Moon" - which I'm sure many people are familiar with. This happened last night causing the game to simply freeze and become unresponsive until I closed it manually through the task manager.

Edited by Owlgdi, 08 December 2011 - 02:04 AM.

#4 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Is that map called England or battle for England by any chance?? lol , remember making a map like years ago..

#5 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

If none of what I said helps, try running tibsun @ win 98 compatibility mode. :)

If that doesn't help, you can ask for help on ppmsite forums. Most of those guys are veteran modders of tibsun so they would know most bugs and errors.

#6 Owlgdi

Owlgdi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

Is that map called England or battle for England by any chance?? lol , remember making a map like years ago..

It's called New Zealand. I downloaded it from Command and Conquer Files. Map Pack Link if you're interested: http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/file/Tiberian_Sun_Fan_Maps;34226

Link to the New Zealand map: http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/file/MP_New_Zealand;44093

If none of what I said helps, try running tibsun @ win 98 compatibility mode. :)

If that doesn't help, you can ask for help on ppmsite forums. Most of those guys are veteran modders of tibsun so they would know most bugs and errors.

Ok, compatibility mode was my next course of action, I just got a little confused on what to set to Windows 98 compatible when you are running the game from the First Decade set as changing the TS Executable seems to alter the launcher shortcut for TFD to only launch TS instead.

I took your advice and played some stock maps but my game freezes randomly after some time now: New screen cap below:
Posted Image

Ok... just tried to run compatibility mode and ran into this:
Posted Image

That's what happens when you change the compatibility mode and you try to launch the game using the first decade launcher program. So either there is a fix for this or the work around is to use the XWIS launcher program that breaks TFD into parts?

Just tried Olaf's shortcut launcher and it gives the same error when trying to run Compatibility mode... No dice.

#7 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Try googling unofficial TFD patch. It should be made by nyerguds, but I forgot the version number. It was posted on the official C&C site a while ago.
It disables cd protection for a lot of the games and features some bug fixes and performance enhancements.

It should take care of the CD error.

#8 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

If your using windows xp. click this link below. scroll down to the blue download button. Copy the DDRAW file to ur TIBERAIN sun folder.

http://www.2shared.com/file/xisCAzFw/ddraw.html

see if it helps.

please undo all ur things when using this file. renable direct draw. and dont run in compatble mode.

also ur resolution looks huge. make sure ur using a proper reso.

Edited by hefeweize, 27 December 2011 - 01:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users